Improving the iconbar

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Festeer77

Improving the iconbar

Post by *Festeer77 »

Whould it be cool if you have groupbutton instead of just these icon that launches a program. im talking about sort o button on the iconbar that when pressed opened up lets say a set of button under attached itself but with freefloating optional . say i could be a set o 3*4 button more o less like a phonenumberboardlayout ... and all button have a "speeddial" that works just like todays clickable icon to launch stuff.

so i feel like having lotsa of grafixprogram some on the the iconbar. then i simple make a grouptrigger icon ... that launches this pad then that u the customize ie 1 photoshop 2 gimp etc etc. all acceccable easy. and when done with these program just click the groupicon a ziiip the panel(phoneboard or whatever) will disapear. and back the your clean & neat iconbar .

just a idea just an idea ...
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Hmm, seems to me that TC's "Show as menu" option in the "Change button bar" dialog already does what you ask for, except that it is not sticky like in your suggestion...
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Festeer77

Post by *Festeer77 »

petermad wrote:Hmm, seems to me that TC's "Show as menu" option in the "Change button bar" dialog already does what you ask for, except that it is not sticky like in your suggestion...
seems wprth a look but I´m having a hard time finding it. u must mean rightclicking the menubar with icon and that thing comes up. if its that i need glasses because it not there for me
please help me find it m8
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

To make for example a subbar for your graphics programs do the following:

1. Open your main button bar in the "Change button bar" dialog by right clicking on the empty area at the end of the button bar, or using the menu: "Configuration" -> "Button Bar...".
2. Add a new button by cliking the "Add" button.
3. Press the button marked "Change >>" and choose "Add Subbar >>".
4. Write for example graphics.bar as the File name in the Browse dialog and click OK.
5. Now a second "Change button bar" dialog window is opened with a new bar file called graphics.bar.
6. Add your graphic programs one by one to that new bar and click OK when you are finished.
7. Now you are back to the dialog with you main button bar, and in the right side of the dialog there will now be an option "Show as menu" that you can select. That option is ONLY visible when the Command field has a *.bar file in it. Select it and click OK

If you click the new button, the subbar with the graphics will open as a menu. If you Shift+click the new button it will replace the main button bar - use the first button to get back to your main button bar again.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

I agree with OP, similiar to another button bar request/improvement: wish for toolbar inlcuding categories and showing caption.
Dragging a secondary button bar or "submenu/button" off of the main button bar would create a floating button-bar much like many other programs do.

As far as what petermad was talking about,
Here's an example of a very simple button bar:
Command: %TCData%\GUI\ToolBars\PackUnpack.bar
IconFile: %TCData%\GUI\Icons\mwmMix0510.icl
NOTE: Make sure you tick: [√] Show as a menu

Contents of "PackUnpack.bar"
[Buttonbar]
Buttoncount=3
button1=%TCDATA%\GUI\Icons\mwmMix0510.icl,56
cmd1=cm_PackFiles
iconic1=1
menu1=(+) Pack ++
button2=
iconic2=0
button3=%TC%\wcmIcons.dll,31
cmd3=cm_UnpackFiles
iconic3=1
menu3=Unpack
When you click on that button - that is on your main button bar a drop down menu will be shown. There is also a wincmd.ini setting:

Code: Select all

[Buttonbar]
PopupIconSize=24
If you shift click on that icon, it will replace your main-button bar with the contents of that "sub" button-bar. You can as well add as the first (or last) item a "switch" button that activates your main button bar. that button will NOT be shown when the button-bar is displayed as a list/drop down menu.

What all this _doesn't_ do, is it is not layed out like a Grid (opera-speeddial like). It is just a drop-down menu with icons.