[WFX] tcPhonebook

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

Import of certain Chinese characters error.
Please, send to my email an example of vcf-file with same characters.
But I think that this problem will be solved only when full Unicode support will be implemented.
pajo

Post by *pajo »

2 Maxiums

I did some testing.
1. In vcf contact I have only home address. When coping vcf to plugin it shows same address under home and work address tab. copy back from plugin to vcf, only renamed ,vcf files display that both business and home address were populated. Plugin shoud copy only populated address filed (eg. home) not coping it to work address also.
2. when you open copied vcf and click home address button, all fileds are field OK, (difference with original vcf file is that, data in fileld are all separated by comma,In original vcf they are shown one under the other, street, city, country etc.) but when you try to edit from filed ( right from button) eg. change street name only, click back on home address button and all data are in city filed.

suggestion:
it would be nice if "Viewing information about contact" dialog would be possible to copy data. e.g. mail address without need to edit contact first.

tested on: win7sp1, office 2010
Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

1. In vcf contact I have only home address. When coping vcf to plugin it shows same address under home and work address tab. copy back from plugin to vcf, only renamed ,vcf files display that both business and home address were populated. Plugin shoud copy only populated address filed (eg. home) not coping it to work address also.
Confirmed. Will be corrected.
2. when you open copied vcf and click home address button, all fileds are field OK, (difference with original vcf file is that, data in fileld are all separated by comma,In original vcf they are shown one under the other, street, city, country etc.) but when you try to edit from filed ( right from button) eg. change street name only, click back on home address button and all data are in city filed.
Which editor contacts you perform these actions?
Perhaps this editor takes data from the field "LABEL" instead of "ADR".
In the "LABEL" they're really separated by commas.
suggestion:
it would be nice if "Viewing information about contact" dialog would be possible to copy data. e.g. mail address without need to edit contact first.
This is already planned and will be implemented in one of next versions.
Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

Which editor contacts you perform these actions?
Perhaps this editor takes data from the field "LABEL" instead of "ADR".
Indeed. Outlook takes data from the field "LABEL".
The Bat! and Windows Contacts retrieve data correctly.
Have to make an option that would prohibit the export field "LABEL"...

PS. "LABEL" - Addressing label for physical delivery to the person/object associated with the vCard
Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

[0.8.6.6]
Fixed: File tcPhonebook.lng is generated in UTF-8 if the Total Commander uses a language file in UTF-8
[0.8.6.5]
Added: Language files in UTF-8 encoding
Added: Configuration dialog: Option «Show extension .vcf with contacts»
Added: Configuration dialog: Option «Export LABEL (vCard property)»
Added: Configuration dialog: Language list is displayed as strings with names in English and native language
Fixed: Solved the problem with the incorrect input of Chinese characters in Chinese Windows
Fixed: Impotr: Now, if work address is absent in imported contact, it will not be filled with home address
Fixed: Configuration dialog: Button «Cancel» works now
Added: Localization: Chinese
Download
pajo

Post by *pajo »

2 Maximus

The problem with double addresses is gone in new version :-).

Suggestion:
make multiply email addresses. Now plugins import only default mail address from vcf card.

Keep up great work :-)
Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

2pajo
make multiply email addresses. Now plugins import only default mail address from vcf card.
This suggation is now in my todo list. Wait :)
neverthelesshello

Post by *neverthelesshello »

i dont understand how to cusomize (remove) some of the fields. I read the help file and where it says
"A set of custom columns by default contains the fields that display the basic contact information: Name, Work phone, Post, Organization, City. Change the current set of columns can be using the context menu of tabspop header, item «Configure this custom columns view...».
Add new or delete an existing columns view may be using the context menu of tabspop header, item «Configure custom columns...» or with the main Total Commander configuration dialog on page «Custom columns».
To switch between columns views can be using the context menu of tabspop header by selecting an item corresponding to the required view"

I cant get to the "Configure this column" and what is the Tabspop header?.
What you dont see is what you get!
Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

dont understand how to cusomize (remove) some of the fields. I read the help file and where it says
This is standard TC interface. Read TC help for more information.
I cant get to the "Configure this column" and what is the Tabspop header?.
Tabspop headers is inscription above the file list - "Name|Ext|Size|Date".
pajo

Post by *pajo »

2 Maximus

bug
In .vcf, person has work phone and pager pager number. when importing plugin merge this two numbers into one filed under work phone separated by comma.

Suggestion.
on import, plugin should drop (ignore) fileds that can't be imported (doesn't exist)
Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

bug
In .vcf, person has work phone and pager pager number. when importing plugin merge this two numbers into one filed under work phone separated by comma.
Suggestion.
on import, plugin should drop (ignore) fileds that can't be imported (doesn't exist)
This is not a bug. This is the intended behavior.
Solution to this problem (and implementing the resulting suggestion) provided in the plans for future versions.
Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

[0.8.7]
Added: Configuration dialog: Font selection for plugin windows (window «Viewing information about contact» does not apply – will be a separate setting)
Added: Configuration dialog: Option «Export vCard in UTF-8 encoding»
Added: Import: Multistring vCard-properties
Changed: Import: Parse vCard-file stops when it finds the string «VCARD:END»
Fixed: Viewing information about contact: Wrong scrolling when list has collapsed groups and has no scrollbar
Fixed: Export: When extension displaying was disabled an error occurred with contact viewing by F3
Fixed: Import: Optimized vCard-file reading algorithm. Field with known types now is not lost
Download
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Updated Danish translation can be downloaded at http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/tcphonebook_danish087b.zip
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

[0.9]
Changed: Contact fields are divided into groups on a different principle (Contact person, Work, Personal, Other)
Added: New fields for the components of name (First Name, Last Name, Middle Name, Title)
Added: New field «Birthday» in the group «Contact person»
Added: Editing/Viewing: Fields group «Other» (additional contacts and address)
Added: Editing: Tab «Summary»: added fields «Phone», «Mobile phone», «E-mail» (work and personal)
Added: Viewing: Fields group «Summary»: fields «Phone», «Mobile phone», «E-mail» combines the work, personal and additional contacts
Added: Import: Support encoding Quoted-printable
Added: Support Unicode in file names (plugin interface is now fully Unicode)
Fixed: Changing the contact fields through the dialog «Change attributes» worked incorrect
Fixed: Increased buffer size for converting text to encoding UTF-8 (some characters were truncated if in the string were present 3 or 4-byte characters UTF-8)
Fixed: Import: Unnecessary replacement request when disabled displaying of extension
Changed: In the messages element names are displayed in the format «Phonebook:\name\of\element»
Download
Jon Canale

Post by *Jon Canale »

Thanks for this plugin. I'm trying it out to see if I can use it for my more "common" contacts. Much handier than dragging out outlook or Sidekick (which may not work on next computer!).

Was looking for something called "Job Title" as shown in the Outlook address book. It gets exported by Outlook to a vcf file as "TITLE". tcAddressbook's TITLE contains what Outlook lists in the Name Fields for the courtesy title (Mr., Mrs., Ms., Dr., etc.). Those courtesy titles seem to be exported by Outlook as part of the "N" field, separated by semicolons, ie, "N:Lastname;Firstname;;Mr."

Maybe in a next revision you could update, if this seems correct to you.

Thanks.