Total Commander extDir v1.6.0.5 - Extended directory creator

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

yeskky, thats very odd... :? I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

@Axe1: Did you accidentally lost your wincmd.ini settings too... ?
Could you please try to install the utility after creating a backup of your original wincmd.ini & usercmd.ini (if you haven't installed it automatically yet), and check if your ini values are ruined or not?

Have to say at the moment I have no clue what could cause yeskky's lost configuration problem, i cannot reproduce it... guess i need to look deeper into the source. - problem found, unicode wincmd.ini files are affected - will be fixed in 1.5.
Last edited by Bluestar on 2011-10-13, 08:20 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
yeskky

Post by *yeskky »

Luckly I found a backup wincmd.ini~ file created by some text editor.
#222405 Single user licence
billiebub

Post by *billiebub »

how do you add extra templates? Where do you save your settings? Is there a readme/help file?
Axe1

Post by *Axe1 »

Bluestar, I didn't lost settings, but I would suggest you to forget about autoinstall at least on early development state. User of TC are not those who can't add single user command. Configurable templates seems to be more priority thing.
billiebub

Post by *billiebub »

There seems to be some issues creating directories in virtual panels using the virtualpanel plugin
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

@billiebub: Unfortunately you can't add user templates at the moment, this function will be available in the next public version (1.5) - it's going to be released this week on Friday / Saturday at latest (if no more bugs will be reported or found until then). Readme will be online soon if i'm going to find some free time to prepare it.

About VirtualPanel: thanks for reporting this problem - i'm getting the utility to work with VirtualPanel plugin in the next version. :wink: They will be compatible for sure.

About saving the settings: you can find the configuration file in %APPDATA%\Total Commander extDir\settings.ini

@Axe1: You're right, but let me mention some things:
01) Average PC user is lazy. If there's an easier & quicker way to do what he/she'd like to, the person will go on that way for sure (except we're talking about a hardcore asm developer :D).
02) Autoinstall is not forced at all: there are two ways to install this utility, it's your choice which one you choose - there's a manual installation guide if you prefer to use it by setting an user command by yourself
03) Just for the record, I wouldn't call it "early development state", as i've started developing the utility in November 2010, and since then i've almost completely rewritten the whole source two times :P (the first one [0.5] used to catch the current directory & filename from Total Commander using clipboard & internal TC commands (like cm_CopyFullNamesToClip, now it does the same job by getting the correct control handles, which is a much more faster & stable way) :D
[Yustas.NeO]

Post by *[Yustas.NeO] »

Hi there!

1. WINCMD.INI may have
[MkDirHistory]
RedirectSection=SomeFileToRedirectSections.ini

extDir should work with this.

2. Could you please store extDir's setting in the file "tc extDir.ini" (or appropriate "%exe_name%.ini" if exe-file was renamed) next to the program, if it (ini-file) is there.

3. It needs command line parameter like "-s" or "/s" to silent create directories.
Something like
"C:\Program Files\Total Commander\utilities\extDir\tc extDir.exe" /s "C:\1" "C:\2" "C:\100"
Conflicts and errors would be great to see in one window with the ability to copy the text of errors..

4. It would be fantastic if extDir could replace illegal characters with the specified.

5. I have the date 12.10.2011 on my computer, but extDir shows "%e" as "364" (shouldn't be 285?!), "%w" as "6" (shouldn't be 3?!) and "%W" as "50" (shouldn't be 41?!). I assume that "%q" is also wrong.
%p and %P shows in extDir-window some abracadabra (but creates folders - correctly).

yeskky wrote:I mean all!I lost my color, custom columns, hotkeys settins and etc.
Agree!
I haven't lost all the settings yet, but extDir (i think it's function with the ini-file) creates some mess in my "wincmd.ini". During working but not during installation...

P.S. I can help with the Russian translation..

P.P.S.
Bluestar wrote:( There's a bonus easter egg in the software, hope you guys are goin' to find it. =P )
"Ghisler4*****" ? :)
Last edited by [Yustas.NeO] on 2011-10-14, 06:51 UTC, edited 3 times in total.
I beg pardon for bad English.
billiebub

Post by *billiebub »

Could you please give the option to save the settings in the plugin directory? I usually run TC in portable mode. I'm assuming others do to.
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

Hi [Yustas.NeO],

Thanks for your nice ideas, most (maybe all) of them will be featured in v1.5.
5. I have the date 12.10.2011 on my computer, but extDir shows "%e" as "364" (shouldn't be 285?!), "%w" as "6" (shouldn't be 3?!) and "%W" as "50" (shouldn't be 41?!). I assume that "%q" is also wrong. %p and %P shows in extDir-window some abracadabra (but creates folders - correctly).
Oops... these values were generated using a constant date, which was previously defined just for testing. :oops: Problem fixed.
About %p and %P basic variables: i think it's caused by your operating system's language & the utility's inappropriate charset - if i'm right, the bug won't exist in v1.5.
I haven't lost all the settings yet, but extDir (i think it's function with the ini-file) creates some mess in my "wincmd.ini". During working but not during installation...
You see it right - when you create a directory using extDir, a new entry is added to wincmd.ini's [MkDirHistory] section - this way it's work is synchronized with Total Commander. However i'm not sure this is the "mess" you are talking about - does it creates other values in your ini too? (maybe i should bring in an option to let the user choose if he/she wants to synchronize the created directories list with TC, or simply save it to another - manually given - file, which is not related to Total Commander at all)

P.S. Thank you for your work regarding the Russian translation, i greatly appreciate it.

P.P.S. Exactly - nice catch! :D

@billiebub: v1.5 automatically saves the ini file to the directory where extDir is running from (with the exe name of extDir utility) - stay tuned.
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

Hi all =)

I've been a bit busy these days, but here to say the development is going on pretty fine. Just a few more days, and the new version will be out - until then, i brought you a new screenshot of the utility, on which you can see a totally new function - batch directory creation. :wink: Hope you'll like it & find it useful.

:arrow: Check the screenshot by clicking here

The current changelog (for the curious ones - if theres any :D):

[face=tahoma](Under development) Total Commander extDir 1.5
* New: Batch directory creation mode (just click on the tiny blue directory icon with an orange star to activate [left to OK button])
* New: Initial Russian language support (translated by [Yustas.NeO] - thanks!) [still needs some correction]
* New: Now the utility is compatible with VirtualPanel (wfx) Total Commander plugin (if AutoSaveListOnEachOp=1 is set in fsplugin.ini under [Virtual Panel] section) [installer automatically tries to set it, if file is readable and non-unicode]
* New: The utility is now able to handle the "RedirectSection" key, if it has been set in wincmd.ini (under [MkDirHistory] section)
* New: Ability to use "path-returning" environment variables (like %windir%) in the manual path editbox (double click on current path)
* New: Some new special variables: {wg} (current workgroup name), {ut} (current Windows uptime), {bsct} (BS.Player current filename), {aict} (AIMP current title), {vlct} (VideoLAN VLC current filename)
* New: Realtime replacements - automatically refresh the directory preview every second (if "Enable replacements" option is checked) [in Normal & Extended mode (if theres only one line)]
* New: List of the current environment variables can be reached by clicking the (+) (replacements/variables) button and selecting "Env. variables" popup item
* New: Ability to position the utility in the center of the current TC pane [Options/Configuration] (Default: center depending on the Total Commander window's actual position) (suggested by [Yustas.NeO])
* Change: lots of code improvements & cleaning (startup time decreased)
* Change: the installer now creates a backup file of wincmd.ini in the same dir (wincmd.old) for more security
* Change: the utility's configuration file is now stored in the same dir where it is running from; beside that, now it's saved with the exe file's name (suggested by [Yustas.NeO] and billiebub)
* Change: load the previously saved MkDirHistory list only on combobox dropdown event / using the mouse wheel on combobox / on closing application (if the previous two events didn't happen)
* Change: added some tiny png icons to the (+) (replacements/variables) popup window (date, system, application) & changed the icon of Undo button
* Change: increased the input box's height in Extended mode (+ 25 px)
* Fixed: [!] the utility wasn't able to catch the TPathPanel's correct handle if any tabs were opened in the actual side of Total Commander
* Fixed: if wincmd.ini is Unicode encoded, the user have to install the utility manually (no more accidentally lost settings)
* Fixed: if wincmd.ini is Unicode encoded, the utility won't save the MkDirHistory to this file, instead it creates an external file in the extDir's directory (with filename "%exe_files_name%.lst") and works with that
* Fixed: now the user can only install & run the utility from Total Commander
* Fixed: window positioning problem [multi-monitor issue] (extDir's window always opened on primary monitor even if TC was active on second monitor) [reported by Axe1 - thanks!]
* Fixed: the utility's positioning now depends on the Total Commander window's actual position [suggested by Axe1 - thanks!]
* Fixed: update every control's font charset to the correct one (according to the current language)
* Fixed: always insert the newly created directories to the top of the combobox list
* Fixed: small visual glitch in Extended mode with more directories (if the first line is blank)
* Fixed: language-related minor button-caption problem (@ installation)
* Fixed: error on loading non-existent language resource (instead always load "ENG")
* Fixed: sometimes the caret jumped to the start of the directory combobox on changing the active control
* Fixed: invalid starting characters in the dir combobox after pressing Ctrl+V (if an environment variable was on clipboard, which returns a path)
* Fixed: sometimes the installer didn't show the language files author correctly (now the contact mail can be seen in the button hint too)
* Fixed: access violation in Extended mode after creating directories (if "Close the window after directory creation" option was unchecked)
* Fixed: insert a new line with the selected template instead of changing the whole directory list to the selected template (in Extended mode)
* Fixed: "do you want to create the missing folders?" popup: show only the path in Extended mode, without all the directories (sometimes they simply didn't fit screen)
* Fixed: problem if the manually edited path didn't exist (only Extended mode was affected)
* Fixed: automatically open the Load [from file] window with the current path (instead of the utility's basedir)
* Fixed: small (auto-)selection problems regarding templates
* Fixed: lots of other bugs...
* More new functions & fixes to come in the final version - stay tuned!

[/face]
Last edited by Bluestar on 2011-10-24, 17:04 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
[Yustas.NeO]

Post by *[Yustas.NeO] »

Another suggestions:

1. Could extDir create folders using TC's internal FolderCreate-function?
It would be nice to create folders with extDir also in Archives (RAR, ARJ), WCX-archives (DiskDirExt, ISO), WLX-panels (Secure FTP, Registry), on FTP-disks etc...

Bluestar wrote:* Fixed: the utility's positioning now depends on the Total Commander window's actual position [suggested by Axe1 - thanks!]
In center of the current pane? If not - it's a suggestion :)
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

[Yustas.NeO] wrote:Another suggestions:

It would be nice to create folders with extDir also in Archives (RAR, ARJ), WCX-archives (DiskDirExt, ISO), WLX-panels (Secure FTP, Registry), on FTP-disks etc...
Unfortunately i'm not sure theres a proper way of calling Total Commander's internal "FolderCreate" function from an external utility, its totally undocumented (fix me if i'm wrong).
[Yustas.NeO] wrote:
Bluestar wrote:* Fixed: the utility's positioning now depends on the Total Commander window's actual position [suggested by Axe1 - thanks!]
In center of the current pane? If not - it's a suggestion :)
No, by default the utility's window is centered according to the Total Commander's actual window position (just like the original Directory Create TC dialog).
Anyway i like your idea, so the ability to center the extDir's window in the TC's current pane will be in 1.5 (user can set it in Options / Configuration)
[i've updated the latest changelog, cause i've just implemented this function in the current version, so it is now ready). :D
[Yustas.NeO]

Post by *[Yustas.NeO] »

Bluestar wrote:
[Yustas.NeO] wrote:Another suggestions:

Unfortunately i'm not sure theres a proper way of calling Total Commander's internal "FolderCreate" function from an external utility, its totally undocumented (fix me if i'm wrong).
But TCMC does thissomehow...
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Maybe it creates the folder by itself, and just tells TC to refresh its list?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
[Yustas.NeO]

Post by *[Yustas.NeO] »

In TC's archives too?...
TCMC uses CMcm_MkDir.