Total Commander extDir v1.6.0.5 - Extended directory creator

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

[face=tahoma]Total Commander extDir v1.5b

:arrow: Download | 06-11-2011 | MD5: 82ebe2490646f4f7f358de6c1c271b92

Note: McAfee is the only one which shows it as a false positive, the utility passes all the other (more than 40) antivirus tests (click here for the report).

Changelog:

* New: German language support (translated by Der Schrauber - thanks!)
* New: Danish language support (translated by petermad - thanks!)
* New: Ability to use your own color themes (more info on the forum)
* Change: added mouse wheel scroll capability to the language scrollbox
* Change: refresh label is now uses the current color theme's settings instead of the static green color
* Change: you can check the current number of future directories to create by hovering the <more> caption (below the Normal/Extended button)
* Fixed: [!] installer shows a Unicode warning and closes if the active Total Commander language is not included in the utility (problem exists with English language settings too)
* Fixed: undo button's icon now correctly changes (if color theme option is unchecked & use flat buttons is checked)
* Fixed: ding sound when escape is pressed if directory combobox is focused before closing the application
* Fixed: selection sometimes disappeared when changing between Normal / Extended mode
[/face]

Note:
From now on you can create your own window color themes - its pretty easy, just download this file, and unzip it to extDir's base directory (inside Total Commander), then just play with the png files (replace them / create new icons) & change the hexa (html) color values, which you can find in "theme_UserTheme\theme.ini" file.

You can create more directories, the only important thing is that every color theme directory's name should begin with "theme_".
To switch between the color themes just go to Configuration window / Window tab, you will find all the directories (if the directory contains a theme.ini file!) at the end of the list.

_________

@petermad: Thank you for your translation - i've checked most of the line's length by testing the utility with Danish language, and everything seemed right (please report if you find any problem related to character encoding / visual glitch / etc).

For the other part of your message: the "Install to Total Commander's main directory" option is disabled simply because the utility doesn't creates any registry entry, nor any %AppData% settings - so this is the way the utility detects if it's installed or not: if you run it from a directory that differs from Total Commander's main dir / one of it's subdirectory, the utility will automatically show the installer.

Anyway you can easily change the installation path - you said you'd like to install the utility to a subdirectory inside TC's dir (e.g. "c:\totalcmd\Tools\extDir.exe") - just modify the 2nd editbox in which you can see "extDir\tc extDir.exe" by default - back in time (before v1.5) it was read-only, but now you can modify it's content to whatever you want (even the filename). :D
» Developer of Total Updater & extDir utility.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Bluestar

Now with version 1.5b I get the "wincmd.ini is Unicode" alert also when I switch to for example German or Dutch - so now it seems totally impossible to run the installer (my wincmd.ini is still not unicode).

I cannnot make the theme work either - it works OK replacing the .png icon files, but I cannot see any changes when I change the MainColor and FontColor in the theme.ini file - it stays the same
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

Aaaah! I should have sleep before posting the sample "theme_UserTheme.zip" file. :D Just add the following line to theme.ini (which line i deleted right before uploading it to server ...), please (or download the new theme sample file; the link in the previous comment is updated too):

[ThemeInfo]
Name=UserTheme #01 (or anything you'd like to, it doesn't really matters, since atm the utility loads the directory's name, not this value)

About the Unicode problem - the following reasons could cause this problem at you (please check that none of the following applies to your "wincmd.ini" file):

- Your wincmd.ini is not Unicode encoded, but the utility can't read it's content, since its not ANSI or UTF-8 encoded (ANSI is the most preferable for extDir)
- Your wincmd.ini doesn't have the needed keys: v1.5b checks if [left] section's "path" key or [right] section's "path" key exists or not - if both of the keys content is "" (empty string) -> file is most likely Unicode-encoded (or encoded with an unknown format for the utility) *
- Your Total Commander doesn't returns the value of %COMMANDER_INI% - if you're using a version above 6.00 we can exclude this case for sure

* By running Total Commander these left & right "path" keys should be automatically created with the values of the current directories in the left & right side.

If you find that your "wincmd.ini" doesn't match any of the above conditions, could you please send it to me (with removing the sensible parts, for example: "Command line history" section, "MkDirHistory" section, "SearchIn" & "SearchText" sections)?
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Your wincmd.ini doesn't have the needed keys: v1.5b checks if [left] section's "path" key or [right]
My [left] and [right] sections are redirected to history.ini - I now tried the installer without redirection, and it works OK, also in Danish :-) - but it would be better if extDir supported RedirectSection in wincmd.ini.

Would it also be possible if the installer used %COMMANDER_PATH% in stead of absolute path to TC when writing the usercmd.ini keys - this way usercmd.ini stays portable.

I downloaded the new theme_UserTheme.zip - it works OK.

Different themes works even with Name=UserTheme #01 in all of them, but should I use different Names for future features?

I discovered an error in the Danish translation - so please download new translation: http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/lng_dan15b.zip
License #524 (1994)
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
EricB

Post by *EricB »

Hi Bluestar,

Sorry for a somewhat late reply, but I was not available for testing. I just installed the latest extDir 1.5b under Win7x64 and I can confirm the layout is now correct, so the problem is fixed. Funny enough, the version which gave me problems on Win7x64 (original extDir 1.5) did already work correctly on Win7x32.

Regards, EricB
LonerD

Post by *LonerD »

Please, do option "Allways on top" in configuration.
I use extDir on F7 and in not fine when utility sometimes falls under TC window.

Also it would be nice if the utility was able to create a hidden, system and readonly folders
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

[face=tahoma]Total Commander extDir v1.5c

:arrow: Download | 09-11-2011 | MD5: 77ddc4bb61641bca7cc83e4215457eb5

Note: McAfee is the only one which shows it as a false positive, the utility passes all the other (more than 40) antivirus tests (click here for the report).

Changelog:

* New: Chinese language support (translated by efree - thanks!)
* New: You can manually set [Configuration] AlwaysOnTop=True (in "tc extDir.ini") if you'd like to see the utility's window always on top (suggested by LonerD)
* New: You can manually set [Configuration] AlwaysActive=True (in "tc extDir.ini") if you'd like to disable the deactivation of the utility's window
* Change: improved installer 01: it automatically detects the utility's directory & exe name (if it's already installed) and offers that
* Change: improved installer 02: if you have previously 'installed' the utility manually the installer detects it, and won't reset your activation key settings
* Change: improved installer 03: you can choose almost any activation hotkey - select the 2nd option (Shift+F7 by default) & click on the keyboard icon [the list is the same as in TC]
* Change: improved installer 04: from now on you don't need to unzip the installer to run it successfully
* Change: writing %COMMANDER_PATH% to usercmd.ini file on install instead of absolute path to TC [the file stays portable] (suggested by petermad)
* Change: invertStringCase (change case) function now uses AnsiLowerCase & AnsiUpperCase functions to operate
* Fixed: now the utility can handle RedirectSection key under [left] and [right] sections (these are the main sections used to detect the current encoding of wincmd.ini)
* Fixed: refresh the current path & get the currently active Total Commander pane (left/right) on Drag & Drop
* Fixed: dot2Space instant modifier didn't work in Extended mode
* Fixed: small correction of the Danish translation (by petermad - thanks!)
[/face]

_________

@petermad: Thanks for trying it out without redirection - i'm glad that installer finally worked this way.
but it would be better if extDir supported RedirectSection in wincmd.ini.
Done. - In the new version (1.5c) this problem is fixed, so from now on you can use the installer with redirections too.
Would it also be possible if the installer used %COMMANDER_PATH% in stead of absolute path to TC when writing the usercmd.ini keys - this way usercmd.ini stays portable.
Done. - The latest release writes "%COMMANDER_PATH%\{path_to_extDir}\{exe_filename}.exe" to usercmd.ini file instead of absolute path.

Using different or same name for themes is your choice - if i'll implement reading the "Name" key values to the color theme combobox in the future, i'll do it on a way that won't cause any problem if every of your theme contains the same "Name" value (for example: in case the currently processed "Name" key's value already exists in the combobox, it would use/load the directory's name instead).

_________

@EricB:
Hi, thanks for confirming the fix - i hope the new version's improved installer also works on Win7x64 (unfortunately i can't test under x64 OS atm).

_________

@LonerD:
Done. - At the moment you can manually add the following line to your "tc extDir.ini" file, which will make the utility's window always on top:

[Configuration]
AlwaysOnTop=True

Added an other option, which you can set to totally disable the deactivation of extDir's window (the utility will behave like TC's modal dialogs):

[Configuration]
AlwaysActive=True

The only reason i didn't put these settings into the Configuration window is that it would need new lines to translate - and hereby more time to release the new version...

Also it would be nice if the utility was able to create a hidden, system and readonly folders
Nice idea - in the next version (1.6) this function will be available, thanks for the suggestion. However i need to find a smart way on how could i do this correctly - not the technical way, rather the GUI... especially in Extended mode (how to let the user set that which folders will be hidden, and which aren't)... i think i should avoid placing new buttons on the form at all, it should keep being simple & clean... mhh, need to think on this.. also waiting for your suggestions.

(Complete readme is also planned to ship with version 1.6)
EricB

Post by *EricB »

Bluestar,

I tested installation of 1.5c on Win7x64 and it seems to work appropriate: it correctly picks up the path of the previous version, in usercmd.ini this path is "corrected" using the %COMMANDER_PATH% variable.
Two remarks:
1) In the installer dialog some strings are truncated (see screenshot)
2) History redirect seems not to work. I've redirected all history related sections to another file using

[Configuration] key: AlternateUserIni=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Settings\%COMPUTERNAME%.ini

but I still see a MKDirHistory section in wincmd.ini with (only) the values of TCExtDir

Regards, EricB

http://db.tt/BXKjfS0K
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Bluestar

Installer works fine now without having to disable redirection, and %COMMANDER_PATH% also works fine - thanks.

If you look at the screenshot linked here below you can see that the path to tc extDir.exe is truncated in the start - in stead of S\extDir\ it should show TOOLS\extDir\ . May I suggest that you at least use the full width of the dialog box for the path.

--------------------------

2EricB

Here the installer looks like this: http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/extdir.png - no truncation - you must be using a bigger font size in your system.
License #524 (1994)
EricB

Post by *EricB »

2petermad

I've reported the same issue for the TCExtDir main window earlier in this thread. Bluestar got it fixed, and I assume this is the same type of issue.
My font system setting (Win7x64) is set to 100% (smaller), I do not like the default of 125%. My further assumption is that if any strings are truncated it is a window property problem and not so much of a font setting.

Regards, EricB
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

2Bluestar
I can't download your tool (works for other plugins) from totalcmd.net through Japanese VPN and Firefox gives following message:

Code: Select all

File c:\temp\downloads\tc_extDir_v1.5c.zip cannot be written because source file can't be read.

Please try again later or contact with server administrator.
I am trying for few hours now.
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

@EricB:
Thanks for testing the installer on x64.

The truncated strings problem will be fixed in the next version - my guess is that it is caused by the currently active font on your system, because previously i disabled the installer window's scaling, so your font size settings shouldn't affect it at all (so - strange enough - but it is not the same problem as it was with the main window) - however in your case maybe not the size of the font, but the default font style could differ from the used font right after a clean Windows installation - i will check that.

About history redirection: ah, i didn't knew about "AlternateUserIni" key before... the option which is currently implemented in extDir is "RedirectSection" - so in case you set [MkDirHistory] RedirectSection="%COMPUTERNAME%.ini" in your "wincmd.ini" file, the utility should save the created folder names into this file instead of wincmd.ini. The next version will be able to handle the "AlternateUserIni" option too.

@petermad:
Thanks for confirming the fixes. Damn editboxes, they never really fits. :D Will be fixed in 1.6.

@fenix_productions:
I don't know what could cause it, i tried to download it from totalcmd.net right now, and there weren't any problems... maybe it was a one-time server fault - or were you able to download any other things from the site that time? Can you download the utility right now?

Anyway you can also download it from the alternative server too (the link is always updated in the first post right after the publication of a new version): click here.
LonerD

Post by *LonerD »

Bluestar
Thanks for "on top" settings.

Translation extDir v1.5c in Ukrainian:
http://dreamlair.net/download/LNG_UKR.txt
"I used to feel guilty in Cambridge that I spent all day playing games, while I was supposed to be doing mathematics. Then, when I discovered surreal numbers, I realized that playing games IS math." John Horton Conway
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

2Bluestar
No problems with this download at home. Issue with work VPN and this tool only. Dunno what may be wrong.
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

2Bluestar
Are there any keyboard shortcuts supported?
I'd like to quickly jump to Templates dropdown but I can't see how to do it.