Lan Plugin problem - how to set master password prompt

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

tcTater

Lan Plugin problem - how to set master password prompt

Post by *tcTater »

Hi Everyone! This is my first post here but I have been a TC owner/user since 1999 and absolutely know that TC is the BEST file manager in the world!

My problem is using the Lan Plugin: When I try to create a LAN plugin network address there is a check box for a "Master Password" but if I check it it then asks for my Master Password. I don't recall entering one for the Lan Plugin. If I leave the check box unchecked, then I can create and use my Lan address. How do I set this "Lan Plugin Master Password"?

Thank you for any help,

tcTater :)
"Time slows down as you approach the speed of light and time files when you're having fun. So, if you walk slower, do you have more fun or just get more light?"
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The master password is the same for all plugins. If you haven't entered any yet, you will be asked twice for the new password.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
tcTater

Post by *tcTater »

Hi Ghisler,

Thank you for your reply. As I mentioned in my first post, I am being asked for my Master Password. But if I enter one (or any for that matter), I get a "Wrong Password" error message. It doesn't matter whether I try to change it or create a new one as per your reply, I get the same "Wrong Password" error message. I truly do not recall ever setting a password for the plugins (I am assuming that you are referring to the ones for TC Android [I installed FTP and LAN plugins only). Soooo... what can I do to fix/change passwords in TC Android? Do I have to uninstall TC Android fully in order to fix? I have already tried uninstalling the plugins and reinstalling but get the same "Wrong Password" error message. Hmmmmm........

Thank you for your help,

tcTater :)
"Time slows down as you approach the speed of light and time files when you're having fun. So, if you walk slower, do you have more fun or just get more light?"
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Maybe you entered a master password by mistake, e.g. by confirming an empty password? To fix it, create a button of type "Change directory" with command
/data/data/com.ghisler.android.TotalCommander

Then click on that button, go to "shared_prefs" subfolder and open the file TotalCommander.xml. The key "AESVerify" is used for the master password. You can delete that key or the entire file TotalCommander.xml. Then you need to close and re-open TC.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
tcTater

Post by *tcTater »

Thank you!! That fixed the problem. :) You are the best!

Gary