[WLX] AppLoader

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

It would be helpful to actually install the appLoader.ini to the location it needs to be for operation.
If I make this, ini-file from new version will rewrite ini-file in installed version when user autoinstall plugin.
And early into the readme an example for something basic like .txt files, which notes to try: Ctrl+F9 and Ctrl+F12 ...
You mean example for using hotkeys in Lister?
Also is there an example or other explanation for what the [TCPos] setting does?
AppLoader can copy text to clipboard from field "Find text" in "Find Files" dialog (CopySearchTextToClip option)
AppLoader find this field by it position. And this position changes from version to version.
M_Meyer

Post by *M_Meyer »

Does somebody know the values of

IsSearchTextLeft
IsSearchTextTop
SearchTextLeft
SearchTextTop

for the actual Totalcommander 7.56a?
Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

Code: Select all

IsSearchTextLeft=5
IsSearchTextTop=116
SearchTextLeft=85
SearchTextTop=114
M_Meyer

Post by *M_Meyer »

Thanks for your answer.
Unfortunately, these settings do not work here.
The viewer is opened, but when trying to search and insert the search text from the clibboard, nothing is inserted.
I have already restarted TC after the changes in AppLoader.ini.
Can I somehow debug this to locate my fault?
Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

2M_Meyer
I confirm. Will be fixed when the time will be for this plugin.
M_Meyer

Post by *M_Meyer »

Okay, thanks, I'll wait!
Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

So. The new version (pre):
http://maximus.in.ua/files/temp/
The archive contains only wlx. Currently I working on a help, but especially new in it did not appear.
[0.9.6.0]
Added: Unicode support: File names, clipboard.
Added: Configuration file: Special extension ":dir" in [Editor] section to allow to associate folders with the application.
Added: Configuration file: Key [Options], ReadOptionsEveryTime: If the value is 0 (by default) options will be read only when the plugin is loaded into memory, otherwise - for each access to the plugin.
Changed/Fixed: Improved work with files that are loaded from the archives, FTP-servers and WFX-plugins.
Changed: When ListerState=1 Lister window will be hidden only if the file is opened from the archive, FTP-server or WFX-plugin (ie placed into a temporary directory of Total Commander), otherwise the window will simply close.
Changed/Fixed: Getting a list of selected files is performed taking into account the key of Total Commander 8.0 configuration file - [Configuration], GetTextMode. For previous versions of Total Commander plugin will not work with the selected files.
Changed/Fixed: Dialog "Find Files": Copy to clipboard of the search text is now working (in the dialog has changed class name of the text field).
Changed: Dialog "Find Files": Copy to clipboard the search text is not performed if the string is empty or it could not be obtained.
Changed: The path of active panel to work with the selected files obtained by means of WM_COPYDATA message.
Changed: File AppLoaderState.ini is no longer used.
It seems everything is working, but probably something is broken. Quite a lot of code was rewritten.

In the nearest plans, the account of redirect sections, and GUI-configurator.

And the question. Is there a need to transfer applications to file-list (selected files). Only let us with concrete examples.

If something bothers - I am open to dialogue.
Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

0.9.6.0 with extended html-help.
Download
sgp

Post by *sgp »

Thanks for this plugin!
I can't see anything happening though. I copied the sample ini file and changed only these fields as follows:

[Options]
ReadOptionsEveryTime=1
DefaultEditor=%COMMANDER_PATH%\util\tcc.exe
DefaultEditor_params=""%COMMANDER_PATH%\util\runner.btm" %1"

[Editor]
;lng,ini=notepad
;bmp=mspaint
:dir=explorer

[HotKeys]
AppFromLister_key=123
AppFromLister_mod=CAS
DefSysAppFromLister_key=120
DefSysAppFromLister_mod=CAS
Now I select an .htm file in TC main window.
My question is, what do I do to open the htm file in the DefaultEditor?
I tried CAS+F12 in TC main window, in search results and in lister windows but nothing happens.
Note that I really want to open all extensions just with the DefaultEditor, I don't want to define an ext= entry for each file extension.
IMO, the help file tells a lot about configuring this plugin but almost nothing about how to use it.
Thanks for your support.
Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

2sgp
0.9.6.1 Pre
http://maximus.in.ua/files/temp/AppLoader.rar
- Fixed: Default values of keys ScrollLockControl and ModalOnly are not correspond to the description in the help file.
- Fixed: Hot keys did not work to start the application from Lister when used more than one modifier.
I tried CAS+F12 in TC main window, in search results and in lister windows but nothing happens.
Download fixed version. Press F3 on htm file.
CAS+F12 will work in the Lister only.
DefaultEditor_params is not supported now. Will be added in the final version 0.9.6.1.
IMO, the help file tells a lot about configuring this plugin but almost nothing about how to use it.
I will try to improve.
Last edited by Maximus on 2012-09-15, 09:37 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
sgp

Post by *sgp »

Maximus wrote:2sgp
0.9.6.1 Pre
Download fixed version. Press F3 on htm file.
CAS+F12 will work in the Lister only.
DefaultEditor_params is not supported now. Will be added in the final version 0.9.6.1.
Thanks for the fixed version!
However, when I press F3 on htm file in TC main window I get the standard TC lister in multimedia (4) mode. Then I switch the lister to text-only mode and press CAS+F12 but DefaultEditor doesn't start. I'm still using the same settings from my previous posting. Is there a log somewhere where I can see what the plugin is doing?

Thank you also for supporting DefaultEditor_params in the next final version, I definitely need it.
Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

2sgp
Sorry. Try again:

But with your config you will only start the application by F3 in TC file windows. (Or difficult way - Alt+Shift+F3, 4, CAS+F12)
If you need run application only by hotkey from Lister you must add string

[Options]
TCWindow=0
Otherwise, it will not come to the Lister.
sgp

Post by *sgp »

Thank you for the new download. Now it's working!
sgp

Post by *sgp »

Why did you choose to intercept F3 in Sync Dirs and Find files? To me it's better to let F3 always start the standard lister and use instead the AppFromLister_key to start your plugin in all dialogs (Lister, Sync Dirs and Find Files).
Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

Why did you choose to intercept F3 in Sync Dirs and Find files? To me it's better to let F3 always start the standard lister and use instead the AppFromLister_key to start your plugin in all dialogs (Lister, Sync Dirs and Find Files).
I do not have to choose. I do not any intercept (except keys in Lister).
I only run application instead Lister. And AppLoader takes control when Lister run, there is no other way. Lister's no - no result.

0.9.6.1 Almost final.
- Added: Key [Options], DefaultEditor_params: Specifies command line parameters for default application, used if IfIsExtOnly=0 and ParamsMode=0.
- Added: Support of environment variables like %COMMANDER_PATH% also in command line parameters.