Total Commander extDir v1.6.0.5 - Extended directory creator

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

peg

New directory created by extDir in Directory Tree

Post by *peg »

I like Total Commander.
I like Directory Tree (Alt+F10) in Total Commander.
When new directory is created by extDir it is not shown in Directory Tree. extDir doesn't update treeinfo.wc file.
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

Hi everyone!

Sorry for the bit late reply, there were a lot of things to do...

@Peter:
- Template dialogue - done, resizable in RC3 (size is automatically saved & loaded)
- Option to NOT jump in the deepest level - done in RC3. You can manually set [Configuration] DoNotEnterDeepest=True in "tc extDir.ini"
- Menu Shortcut - done in RC3 - however by default it is disabled.
Reason: there are only 3 shortcut (related to this menu) to keep in mind (Ctrl + P[roperties], Ctrl + M[anage templates], and F1), and showing the shortcuts automatically oversizes the popup to a non acceptable width. However you can manually set [Configuration] ShowMenuShortcuts=True if you'd like the utility to show these shortcuts in the menu in RC3.

@nadav.sagi:
Thank you, i got your mail.
I did deep tests with more Total Commander versions (7.56a, 8.0B18; Win7x86) using your wincmd.ini file - unfortunately i can not reproduce the problem...
Are you sure no other special (command line, etc) option is needed to reproduce this behaviour? I just can't find out what could cause this... but i'll keep trying.

In the meantime all i can suggest you is to use the newest TC 8.0B18 version (if you can), and enable the utility's "New & more stable" method (Options / Configuration / Advanced) to get the inital data from Total Commander - that way it will work for sure.

@ABTOP:
Not an easy case, because of the huge amount of visual components & the differences between the modes (Normal / Extended / Batch), but i'll see what i can do about it.

@peg:
Thanks for the suggestion - i'm going to implement the saving of the latest created directories to treeinfo in RC3.
You will be able to manually set [Configuration] UpdateTreeInfo=True in "tc extDir.ini" file to activate this feature.

Release info:
RC3 is about to be released in the first half of this month (this time i will try not to slip out of date :P) - stay tuned.
» Developer of Total Updater & extDir utility.
Peter
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Peter »

Bluestar wrote:... there were a lot of things to do...
Thanks you Bluestar. :D :D

Peter
TC 10.xx / #266191
Win 10 x64
ABTOP

Post by *ABTOP »

When waiting for the final?
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

@ABTOP:
If you mean the final (non-RC) 1.6, i think it won't be released until the first weeks of March.

In case you meant RC3 (which is the last release candidate in the 1.6 series), its already on the road: originally i intended to release it yesterday (15th February), but the UpdateTreeInfo function is not fully implemented yet, so it still needs a couple of hours / days.

:idea: Update (19-02-2012):
1.6 RC3 is up - unfortunately creating files is not yet implemented (will be ready in the final 1.6, as i previously stated), neither the resizing of the main window, so please do not search these features in the current version.
Last edited by Bluestar on 2012-02-19, 20:47 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

[face=tahoma]Total Commander extDir v1.6 RC3

Contains a new language (Korean - thanks to cmlee), updated Danish language file (thanks to petermad), a couple of bugfixes, and some new functions.
:!: Please note that saving to treeinfo.wc file is experimental at the moment, so you may encounter some problems by enabling this feature.

Update is strongly recommended!
(read the changelog for more info...)

:arrow: Download | 19-02-2012 | MD5 (exe): fa1a2a7e86caaf96bcf6369bcc4d0ed7
Note: McAfee (and the new ByteHero 1.0.0.1) shows it as a false positive, the utility passes all the other (more than 40) antivirus tests (click here for the report).

Changelog:

* New: Korean language support (thanks to cmlee)
* New: Updated Danish language (thanks to petermad)
* New: Readme file (readme.txt) (extracted from resource on install)
* New: Whatsnew file (whatsnew.txt) (extracted from resource on install)
* New: The application recognizes if there are any external language file(s) in the utility's directory (NOT in subdir!), and they can be selected in Configuration / Language
* New: Force install / configuration using command line parameter /install (/setup can be used too) (example: "tc extDir.exe" /install)
* New: Saving the list of the created directories to the treeinfo.wc file (experimental) [see the "You can manually set" part for activation info]
* New: You can manually set [Configuration] UpdateTreeInfo=True if you'd like the utility to update Total Commander's "treeinfo.wc" file after directory creation
* New: You can manually set [Configuration] DoNotEnterDeepest=True to disable the feature which navigates TC to the deepest level of the path after creation
* New: You can manually set [Configuration] ShowMenuShortcuts=True if you'd like to see the Option popup's shortcuts (disabled by default)
* New: You can manually set [Configuration] IntelliModifiers=False if you'd like to disable the intelligent modifier feature (enabled by default)
* Change: rewrote MkDirHistory loader function from scratch (optimized & more flexible method)
* Change: rewrote MkDirHistory saver function from scratch (optimized & more flexible method)
* Change: from now on now the Manage Template dialog is resizable (suggested by Peter)
* Change: from now on the utility also saves the directory trees & directories with separators to MkDirHistory (only from Normal mode)
* Change: completely removed Help dialog (replaced by html that is extracted from resource)
* Change: reduced the filesize of the utility (now you can even copy it to a floppy disk - of course if you're able to find one ;))
* Fixed: exception if the user-given MkDirHistory file's path doesn't exists - automatically try to create the missing directories (reported by SAPetrovich)
* Fixed: ctrl + v hotkey in Normal mode with directory names containing enters didn't care about the current selection / caret position
* Fixed: a problem causing the Configuration dialog to display "CHN - Chinese" as the current language in case it's an external file (reported by petermad)
* Fixed: improper caret position & selection of the text on startup, in case Prefix or Suffix is active, and "Custom name" is active too
* Fixed: installer always reset the language after choosing another hotkey combo (in case the user previously changed the language)
* Fixed: wrong e-mail address has been copied to clipboard after clicking on a translator's mail in the Configuration dialog
* Fixed: drag & drop bug did't allow the user to insert only one item to the list in Extended / Batch mode
* Fixed: refreshing the "Manage Templates" dialog Preview after deleting an item / clearing the list
* Fixed: it was impossible to select Win + F7 activation hotkey from the installer
* Fixed: the utility didn't reload the flat OK button's pngimage after Enter state
* Fixed: incorrectly positioned "<more>" label when user-given font(size) is used
* Fixed: improved user-given MkDirHistory file handling
* Fixed: various other bugs & GUI-related things...
[/face]
LonerD

Post by *LonerD »

Bug with the Cyrillic.
There is a file or folder (or create a file or folder) with cyrillic name. Call the editing of the filename (Shift+F6), copy filename to clipboard. Run extDir, insert text from clipboard as new folder name - and see questions "????????" instead of letters.
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

@LonerD:
Thanks for reporting this bug - will be fixed in the next version.

Workaround: in case you right-click on Normal mode's directory combobox and choose "Paste" from the default Windows popup menu, the name will be pasted correctly. Alternatively you can also use Ctrl + V in Extended mode, since only Normal mode is affected by this problem.
ABTOP

Post by *ABTOP »

Bluestar
@ABTOP:
If you mean the final (non-RC) 1.6, i think it won't be released until the first weeks of March.
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

@ABTOP: True - and as you can see, it didn't get released in the first weeks of the month, so i wasn't wrong. =P :D

The truth is that i would like the file create function to be fully implemented in the next version - as well as the documentation -, and i didn't had enough time to do it completely. I could release a new version with a few bugfixes though, but there weren't a lot complaints since the latest (RC3) version, and these are mainly minor fixes...
LonerD

Post by *LonerD »

Chinas\apaness hieroglyph failed too.
Example:
[狼雨][WOLF'S RAIN][ウルフズレイン]
"I used to feel guilty in Cambridge that I spent all day playing games, while I was supposed to be doing mathematics. Then, when I discovered surreal numbers, I realized that playing games IS math." John Horton Conway
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

@LonerD:
Actually i can't do much about that one, its because the current lack of Unicode support from the side of the utility (as mentioned in the first post of the topic).
In case your operating system's non-unicode settings (screenshot) is set to "Chinese" (or the one that generally matches the input string), you won't have such problems.
sgp

Post by *sgp »

Bluestar, extDir looks exceptional, thank you!
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

@sgp: Thanks, i'm glad you like it!
Murderhead

Post by *Murderhead »

@Bluestar: is there a way to get extDir on the function bar?
Total Commander 8.x

---
Grüße, Murderhead