Uninstaller64

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Uninstaller64

Post by *Flint »

Welcome the new plugin Uninstaller64 designed as an alternative to the good old UnInstaller. The key difference is support for 64-bit systems, and not only the plugin itself has 64-bit version, but also it allows listing of both 32- and 64-bit instaled applications. Of course, there are other improvements like Unicode, content fields, ability to store settings in different places, etc. You can find the complete list of differences between the plugins in the Version History section of the ReadMe files in the plugin archive, or on the plugin's page.

Download links for version 1.0.1 (25.06.2012):
x32+x64 / mirror (234 Kb)
Source code (C++) / mirror (69 Kb)
Last edited by Flint on 2012-06-25, 20:43 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

Just "wow"! This is one awesome plugin! Very handy and a must have in my book. Thank you very much for this gem, Flint. :D
ehab

Post by *ehab »

it is a great addition, and with sources yepppy

thanks flint
#181344 Personal licence
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

ehab wrote:and with sources
Since UnInstaller is open-source (even though its published source is outdated), I thought it would only be fair to make my plugin open-source too. :)
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Updated version with various bugfixes.

Download links for version 1.0.1 (11.06.2012):
x32+x64 / mirror (230 Kb)
Source code (C++) / mirror (65 Kb)

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Very nice indeed! Please let me know when I can put it on ghisler.com. It's now much easier and faster to update with my self-written scripts.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

ghisler(Author)
I'm glad to hear you liked it. :)
At the moment, I consider the version 1.0.1 stable enough, so you can publish it on your site any time you wish. Of course, the plugin is still to be improved, but such improvements will come as usual updates.

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Thanks, it's already online! Please let me know if you want a better description (sending it in English is sufficient).
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
robinsiebler

Post by *robinsiebler »

You rock! I really missed having this plugin on Win7
Robin L. Siebler
Personal License #13949
------------------------------
"Bother", said Pooh, as he deleted Windows
Gerby

Post by *Gerby »

Thank you, Flint, for this port of UnInstaller!

I'd like to contribute the German strings for the plugin. They are already on my system for testing.

Should I post them here, or better mail them?

Greetings
Gerby
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Please let me know if you want a better description (sending it in English is sufficient).
I think, I cannot improve the current description significantly, it's good enough as it is.

robinsiebler wrote:I really missed having this plugin on Win7
So did I. :)

Gerby wrote:Thank you, Flint, for this port of UnInstaller!
Well, technically, it's not a port but a completely new plugin developed from scratch. I only tried to make it look similar to UnInstaller, and also derived some ideas (like e.g. the criteria of marking entries as hidden) to allow users not change their habits too much.
But anyway, you are welcome. :)
Gerby wrote:I'd like to contribute the German strings for the plugin. They are already on my system for testing.

Should I post them here, or better mail them?
Hm… I've received a German translation from another user already (and a Spanish one too, BTW), and was going to include it soon into the package. What would you prefer, leave it as it is or cooperate with the author of that translation to improve it together?

petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Danish translation can de downloaded at: http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/wfx_uninstaller64_1.0.1_danish.zip

A Feature request:
It would be nice if the Information dump files were supplied with the file type .htm so they can be opened by pressing Enter/double-click. As it is now, I have to drag-and-drop it to the browser since the type is in the form .L00XX
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

petermad wrote:Danish translation can de downloaded at: http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/wfx_uninstaller64_1.0.1_danish.zip
Thanks, I'll add it.
petermad wrote:A Feature request:
It would be nice if the Information dump files were supplied with the file type .htm so they can be opened by pressing Enter/double-click. As it is now, I have to drag-and-drop it to the browser since the type is in the form .L00XX
I thought about it but the problem is I don't know how intuitive it would be for users. I press F5 and see the target name e.g. D:\test\ImgBurn.W0072. I press Enter and instead of this target file I get a different file, ImgBurn.W0072.htm. What if this file already exists? The user requested creating of ImgBurn.W0072 which does not exist yet, and still he gets an overwrite confirmation of a different file.

A possible solution would be to add the HTML extensions directly in the list of items within the plugin, but it would make entry names longer, I wanted to avoid that.

petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Flint
How about adding (hence showing) the htm(l) extension already in the copy dialog box - is that feasible?
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

petermad wrote:How about adding (hence showing) the htm(l) extension already in the copy dialog box - is that feasible?
No, it's under control of TC. The plugin does not even know the dialog is shown; TC calls plugin function only after user clicked OK in the dialog.