2.0v final questions

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

vjg

2.0v final questions

Post by *vjg »

I am running 2.0 final (great version BTW!!) and I had 3 questions...In your post you mentioned:

"...- backed up user data with zip and copied to external SD card"

in this thread:http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=258144&sid=cb40fd376e1f1263b3e578b8accb761f#258144

My 1st question: How do you do this backup and subsequent restore backup??, I couldn't find a "how to" anywhere.

My 2nd question: With the media player, TC is recognizing .wma files as music files but I repeatedly get a "Media Playback error", any ideas?? (I have tried multiple .wma files)

With .mp3 files, no problem whatsoever.

My 3rd question: After adding music files to queue, is there an option for repeat/looping the queue?? I couldn't find the option...but I may be looking in the wrong place.

I am on a sony xperia mini running gingerbread (2.3.4).

Thanks so much for the great program and all your hard work!! :)
hadi_rena

Post by *hadi_rena »

Playing .wma require NEON support AFAIK. If your CPU doesn't have it then it's not possible to play it.

cmiiw
vjg

Post by *vjg »

Thanks for the info re: neon support and the .wma files...my sony xperia mini (gingerbread 2.3.4) cannot play .wma files but my galaxy note (gingerbread) can play it.

So that clarifies the .wma question, thanks so much :)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

My 1st question: How do you do this backup and subsequent restore backup??, I couldn't find a "how to" anywhere.
This was just for user data on the SD card. You cannot access /data/data as a normal user, only when rooted. And if you can, use something like Titanium Backup instead, which will also handle the permissions (ZIP doesn't store them).
My 3rd question: After adding music files to queue, is there an option for repeat/looping the queue?? I couldn't find the option..
No, currently not. I will add it to my wish list.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
vjg

Post by *vjg »

Thanks for the answers!!
No, currently not. I will add it to my wish list.
That would be great, thanks again! :)