New Google Drive plugin is out!

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

akopalsky

New Google Drive plugin is out!

Post by *akopalsky »

Google Drive pre-release is finally out!
(I had some spare time to work on it)

You can download it from my server (I'll try to update it with latest releases)

DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://brooksman.net/downloads/download.php?file=gdplugin_latest.zip

I hope it won't be the heaviest plugin for totalcmd (11Mb) - anyway I tried to reduce the weight as much as I could, but because web access (for login) was needed, I had no choice...

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

* Download ZIP file
* Enter on ZIP file inside Total Commander, TC will ask if you want to install the plugin - Click Yes
* Copy libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll to TC root folder (not needed in Windows 8 )
* Restart TC (not needed in Windows 8 )
* Select "Network Neighborhood" in one of the TC panels and click on Google Drive
* Click on Add new connection
* Enter your login details inside Google prompt web based popup
* Click on Allow Access
* Enjoy!

ISSUES
* Compatability problem with SFTP plugin: different versions of libeay32.dll in TC root folder are used
* Crash when trying to download files moved from Gmail

INFORMATION AND FUTURE ROADMAP
http://brooksman.net/google-drive-for-total-commander/

COMMENTS
* <INI PATH>\fsplugin.ini is used to store intermediate token to skip login each time. You can read your <INI PATH> from TC->Help->About

Previous discussions were here: http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=35583

Comments, bug reports and feature suggestions are welcomed!

Enjoy,
Paul
Last edited by akopalsky on 2013-01-16, 11:05 UTC, edited 4 times in total.
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

Hi akopalsky, thanks for this useful plugin!

I'd like to report a bug though, right after installation an error pops up: click here for image (EAccessViolation at address 03549854).

Small suggestions:
- Currently there's no readme & no version information at all, etc (can't even find relating information in this topic). It would be nice if you could embed the version-information into the wfx file itself, and / or you could define it in the pluginst.inf's description line
- Right click & Properties on "GoogleDrive" item is not implemented - would be nice to see some information there too (author, plugin name, version etc).
- About the size - are QtWebKit4.dll, QtGui4.dll and the other ones really needed for this project? Is it impossible to use the IE rendering engine for the tasks? It would make the whole project much smaller.
» Developer of Total Updater & extDir utility.
dgpr_deleted7

Post by *dgpr_deleted7 »

Why does the plugin telephone home via the internet?
My PC showed up a connection to brooksman-n.e.t aka IP 89.212.61.36.
Which data is transferred by this silently?
If you need to transfer data, please show a message to the user notifying him and explain why. Otherwise, this could easily become flagged as spyware even if I find the plugin works great.
akopalsky

Post by *akopalsky »

2Bluestar and 2TylerDurden

I addressed your questions here: http://brooksman.net/google-drive-for-total-commander/

Sorry for missing readme/version and other info - you are right ;) I will fill it in the next update

Paul
akopalsky

Post by *akopalsky »

2Bluestar

Can you please provide more information about your crash? (e.g. OS version, TC version etc.)
And when you loaded TC once again, was the plugin functioning eventually?

Thanks
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

2akopalsky:
TC v8.01(x32), Win7 SP1 [build 7601] (x32) with latest updates & IE10 (KB2761465).
The plugin showed up in the Network list after restart of TC & was functioning correctly, and it still does - so the error doesn't seem to affect it's operability at all.

By the way unfortunately I can't manage to reproduce the error after deleting & reinstalling the plugin...
» Developer of Total Updater & extDir utility.
SkipR

creating folders

Post by *SkipR »

2akopalsky:
Using TC v8.01(x32) + gdplugin_0.2, WinXP SP2,

I tried to create folder "demo1" in "\\\GoogleDrive\" and it accepts command but does not create folder even after refresh it is not there. Open Google drive in browser shows no folder creation.

Using a browser I created folder "\\\GoogleDrive\pics\set1" and created "demo2" folder contains file1.jpg on PC. I tried to copy PC folder "demo2" to folder "\\\GoogleDrive\pics\set1\". The result was directory path ignored and it is created in root folder " \\\GoogleDrive\file1.jpg"

The copy window is also not looking right see junk chars usually at end of name as shown in this example pic [img]http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5656/democopystatustc.jpg[/img] Files are created with correct file name it looks like just the status window that has problem.

File1.jpg has no preview thumbnail when viewed in browser window for google drive in "grid view" but thumbnail is displayed if I upload same file to google drive from browser window.

Anyone else getting same issues?
Skip
akopalsky

Post by *akopalsky »

2SkipR

Thank you very much for informative post - it really helps!
I'll recheck those cases

Paul
akopalsky

Post by *akopalsky »

2SkipR

Bugs you mentioned are hopefully fixed in currently released version (0.3)
Please check: http://brooksman.net/downloads/download.php?file=gdplugin_latest.zip
akopalsky

Post by *akopalsky »

Great news guys!
Multi-account capability is finally working

As usual please download latest (0.4) version from here: http://brooksman.net/downloads/download.php?file=gdplugin_latest.zip

Several bugs fixed as well

Have fun
ehab

Post by *ehab »

Bug report

to reproduce

0. in google drive, open root folder
1. open a new tab " i press Ctrl+T "

expected
another google drive tab same folder opens

outcome
a message box with

Code: Select all

Error: Access Token is empty
hope this info helps you find where to find the bug.
SkipR

Post by *SkipR »

ehab wrote:Bug report

Code: Select all

Error: Access Token is empty
I have seen this too but just changing folder. I suspect it is a timeout issue. Choosing "refresh_token" under "\\\GoogleDrive" made messages go away for me. New tab worked ok after that as well.
Skip
ehab

Post by *ehab »

hi SkipR,

i wanted to see the "refresh_token" but can't find where! i check the fsplugin.ini and did a text search no idea. Thanks for the writing. Lets see what the author will suggest next.
#181344 Personal licence
SkipR

Post by *SkipR »

ehab wrote:hi SkipR,

i wanted to see the "refresh_token" but can't find where! i check the fsplugin.ini and did a text search no idea. Thanks for the writing. Lets see what the author will suggest next.
Refresh token appears in "\\\GoogleDrive" See pic Image: http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9499/016issuegdpluginpicrefr.jpg You should see when you start and when you get the error message
Skip
akopalsky

Post by *akopalsky »

2ehab

In version 0.5, "refresh_token" is no longer appear in fsplugin.ini. Each line in [gdplugin] group represents <account_name>=<token> pair.

Regarding tabs it is working for me (I don't see a reason for such problem in terms of API) - maybe try deleting previous fsplugin.ini and start from scratch