SVNDetails - TortoiseSVN content plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

djorge

Post by *djorge »

The plugin is complaining about missing dlls.
I have Windows 7 64 bit + turtoise 7.0 64 bit and VC10 runtimes (both x64 and x32).

What is missing?
Personal License #117854
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2thein
Without the SVN URL the plugin doesn't make much sense to me :-(
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Lefteous wrote:Without the SVN URL the plugin doesn't make much sense to me :-(
That is true but only applies to the SVN 1.7 version of the plugin. There is definetely a way to extract the SVN URL but I did not figure out. So easiest way of porting plugin from SVN 1.6 to 1.7 was to get rid of SVN URL. Sorry.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
thein

Post by *thein »

djorge wrote:The plugin is complaining about missing dlls.
I have Windows 7 64 bit + turtoise 7.0 64 bit and VC10 runtimes (both x64 and x32).

What is missing?
You can try adding the directory "C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin" to the system search path.

If this does not help either you can use "Dependency Walker" (http://www.dependencywalker.com/) to find out what's missing...
dma

Post by *dma »

Hello,

I cannot get the "lock owner" column to be effective, it stays blank on a locked file.
Is there any special configuration to set up for this?

I am using TC 8.0 with TortoiseSVN 1.7.7 Build 22907 32 Bit, and all other columns of the extension are working.

- EDIT -

Mhh, in fact it's only working when I lock the file, it doesn't seem to check the server lock status/info.
thein

Post by *thein »

That's correct. This column shows the file lock owner...
CKYHC

Status Text doesn't work properly

Post by *CKYHC »

Hi,

The search by Status Text doesn't work properly.

My use-case (yes it's tricky, but useful):

- make some changes in a big SW-project (a lot of dirs/files)
- search for changed files (SVN-Text-Status = Modified)
- feed result-files to listbox and select them all
- pack selected files to archive // i.e. changed_files.zip
- revert changes over selected files (using standard SVN menu)
- pack selected files to other archive // original_files.zip
- unpack changed files from changed_files.zip to source folders and make check-in (if required).

Now I have 2 archives: with changed and original files, all including paths. By complex changes - it's a possibility to check later what exact was changed to implement something (i.e. offline comparing) without a long search (the project is really big). It's also possible to find fast, when some special change was done (by content, not by SVN-log).

With x32 OS it works grate.
Now at Win7 x64 with SVNDetails v.3.0 and Tortoise SVN 1.7.5.(SVN 1.7.3) it works only "somehow".

The problem is:
If I search in a small folder (with less subfolders) - everything is fine.
If I search in a complete project - it doesn't find modified files and after search the attribute at all files stays as "None" (so I need call SVN Cleanup to get it displayed again).

SSD-Harddrive used as Project-Storage (i.e. the access-time is very small)

Any Ideas?
thein

Post by *thein »

I think you are "confusing" the TortoiseSVN cache by this approach, i. e. change (manual) - revert - mass data change (unpack).
Have you tried killing TSVNCache.exe in TaskManager after each step?
CKYHC

Post by *CKYHC »

No, I didn't try to kill the TortoiseSVN cache process (know it helps usually) because the clean-up was enough.

The problem was that a simple search (without following steps like revert) doesn't work.
So just a simple search by SVN-Text brings the SVN-Plugin [or SVN] to state where no valid text status shown.

If I try to check-in after that, the SVN finds the changed files, so it looks to be some problem either with interface between plug-in and SVN or in plug-in itself.
thein

Post by *thein »

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this issue, so please try killing TSVNCache.exe and then retry.

BTW: "SVN Commit" uses a different approach to find modified files. SVNDetails completely relies on TSVNCache to gather the required information...
tufftaeh

SVNDetails crash on Win8

Post by *tufftaeh »

I have a problem with SVNDetails 3.0 with Total Commander 8.01 on Windows 8 Pro x64. After I install the SVNDetails plugin, it works fine, but if I close TC and start TC again (with a SVNDetails column in a current tab), it crashes.

This happens both for the 32 bit version of TC with SVNDetails.wdx and for the 64 bit TC with SVNDetails.wdx64.
If I start TC with no SVNDetails column but access SVNDetails in any other way (e.g. switching to the custom view with SVN Details or clicking the '+' button in the custom view configuration) the plugin crashes, too.

The 64 bit TC displays no specific error message ("has stopped working"), the 32 bit TC displays this:
Header: error
Body: Crash in plugin SVNDetails.wdx: Access violation...
thein

Post by *thein »

As I do not have a Windows 8 system available I unfortunately cannot reproduce this issue.

Maybe someone else can try this out ...
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

2tufftaeh
Please post the entire error message shown by the 32-bit version. It allows me to find out in which function it crashed.

You can press Ctrl+C within the error dialog to copy the entire message to the clipboard, then paste it here with Ctrl+V.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
tufftaeh

Post by *tufftaeh »

Unfortunately there are no error details.
This is the full message from the 32 bit TC:

---
error
---
Crash in plugin SVNDetails.wdx:
Access violation at address 5F642E97. Read of address 00000018
---

The crash of the 64 bit TC creates an error file (for sending to Microsoft), without any more useful details in the error message box itself. I'm not sure if it is a good idea to post the file here completely. Please feel free to send me an email where to send the file.

I might add that I'm using Tortoise 1.7.9 (Subversion 1.7.6).

Thanks!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Please pack the error file with ZIP and send it to support at ghisler dot com. Thanks!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com