How to view ALL hotkeys in Total Commander?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

wildmind-ch

How to view ALL hotkeys in Total Commander?

Post by *wildmind-ch »

Hi all

I created a new custom command (Open folder in Sublime Text 2), and I want to assign it a new hot key. However I would like to review the current hot key mappings first, to make sure I am not overwriting some other cool shortcut.

How can I do that?

I know how to blindly reassign one under Configuration -> Misc. But when I select a hot key there - say Shift + F6 - it will not show me the current command this hot key has assigned. It just says Default command (no remapping), which is of little help.

Is there any way to view all hot keys on some list?

PS: I would really expect the hot key remapping function to update itself and show the hot key I am overwriting.

Cheers
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

wildmind-ch
There is a listing of all default hotkeys in TC help ("Keyboard layout" page) and in the KEYBOARD.TXT file.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
wildmind-ch

Post by *wildmind-ch »

Thank you very much, Flint
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

jjtriff

Re: How to view ALL hotkeys in Total Commander?

Post by *jjtriff »

The easiest way (being `c:\totalcmd` your installation folder) is to open `c:\totalcmd\KEYBOARD.TXT`. There you'll see predefined shortcuts.

Next thing is to find out your personalized shortcuts:

1. Open totalcmd.exe
2. Click on Configuration menu > Change Settings Files directly

Two files will open in notepad. On the one on that's called `wincmd.ini`:

1. Look for "[Shortcuts]"

You'll see there your personalized hotkeys. If one of them points to a `em_usercmdX` it refers to personalized commands that you can find in `c:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\GHISLER\usercmd.ini`

Hope this helps. Unless in this way you don't have to download binaries and keep on the safe path of the internet. :D
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: How to view ALL hotkeys in Total Commander?

Post by *petermad »

Next thing is to find out your personalized shortcuts:
Can also be seen in "Configuration" -> "Options..." -> "Misc." -> click the button that has a Down-arrow, next to "Hotkey:"

1. Look for "[Shortcuts]"
Also look for "[ShortcutsWin]"

You'll see there your personalized hotkeys. If one of them points to a `em_usercmdX` it refers to personalized commands that you can find in `c:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\GHISLER\usercmd.ini`
The location depends on how you have installed your Total Commander. To be sure of the correct location of your .ini files go to "Help" (in the right side of the menu line by default) -> "About Total Commander" -> there you wil see the location of your .ini files (also other .ini files than the 2 shown there).
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar