Similarity - WDX plugin.

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Similarity - WDX plugin.

Post by *fenix_productions »

Hi all.

I've created content plugin for showing strings similarity.

The basic calculations are made with file names and phrase specified in INI file. The purpose of this plugin is to make TC search more flexible via algorithms used in spell checking tools. I've started with Levenshtein distance and still adding / learning new algorithms.

You can use this plugin for custom columns view but the best way is to have it in mind during "Find files" procedure.

Whole package contains three important files:
- similarity.wdx - plugin itself,
- leven.ini - put it in your %COMMANDER_PATH%
- similarity.exe - add toolbar button with "?" parameter for it.

Because of TC doesn't inform content plugins about searched string I had to create additional tool for workaround. This tool (similarity.exe) writes down given parameter into INI file, which is later checked by a plugin.

Download:
http://cid-e12762cbdafb3c47.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/TC/similarity.rar

PS. Long time no see for C/C++ so the code might be ugly ;)
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

LonerD

Post by *LonerD »

Thanks for nise plugin.
Can anyone compile x64-version ? (sources in archive)
"I used to feel guilty in Cambridge that I spent all day playing games, while I was supposed to be doing mathematics. Then, when I discovered surreal numbers, I realized that playing games IS math." John Horton Conway
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
LonerD

Post by *LonerD »

Flint
Thanks. It work perfectly.
"I used to feel guilty in Cambridge that I spent all day playing games, while I was supposed to be doing mathematics. Then, when I discovered surreal numbers, I realized that playing games IS math." John Horton Conway
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

The new version 0.02 is published. Compared to the test version above, INI file placement is now better suited for modern OS file system permissions. Besides, minor code optimizations were made.

Download links:
x32+x64 / mirror (447 Kb)
sources / mirror (23 Kb)
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

@Flint
Thank you for doing it.

BTW Could you also change fenixproductions.qsh.eu link (404) on this page to link to:
http://www.totalcmd.net/authors/4323297.html
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

fenix_productions
Done.