New: Windows Media Audio v2 (MTP, PlaysForSure) plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

CITYGUY

Post by *CITYGUY »

ghisler(Author) wrote:
seems like it is almost there but some of the folders are shown as files.
Which folders, can you give an example? I guess that they are symbolic links to folders, not real folders, e.g. /sdcard pointing to something like /mnt/sdcard
Thank you for replying!

I'm pretty experienced with Android. I know what you mean. I'm sure these were not links.

I'm not on my PC now, but later I can make a screen short and sent it to you.
Aleq

Post by *Aleq »

HI All,
the same here (for long time, I thought it's a known bug). Almost every folder in SD Card is shown as file with size 16384. For instance folders:
- Android
- data
- DCIM
- Music
- LOST.DIR
- Notifications
I basically get 2 folders and 25 files, whereas there are physically 26 folders and 1 file. No link.

Thx
CITYGUY

Post by *CITYGUY »

I am not sure if I am downloading and using the last version. I downloaded from the link in the first post, but the plugin says it is version 0.7beta, while I have some file with the same plugin downloaded from somewhere last year which says version 0.78beta

So is the link in the first post taking me to the last version, because if not, I am reporting problems NOT using the last version.
CITYGUY

Post by *CITYGUY »

CITYGUY wrote:
ghisler(Author) wrote:
seems like it is almost there but some of the folders are shown as files.
Which folders, can you give an example? I guess that they are symbolic links to folders, not real folders, e.g. /sdcard pointing to something like /mnt/sdcard
Thank you for replying!

I'm pretty experienced with Android. I know what you mean. I'm sure these were not links.

I'm not on my PC now, but later I can make a screen short and sent it to you.
So here is the screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wfrlmt24p5rvhm1/Capture2.JPG
It is visible that Windows Explorer reads the contents as folders, where behind it TC is displaying these same folders as files (all of them, but one). Even puts a size of 4096 to each of them.

I tried copying with CN one of them and it gave message ""error downloading file"

Please, note I am using wpdplug0.7beta.zip downloaded from the first post.

Please, help fix this! I can't live without TC :-)

Thank you!
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *HolgerK »

Don't know if this will fix your problem, but meanwhile version 1.0 from 2012/05/14 of this plugin is released:

http://www.ghisler.com/plugins.htm#filesys

http://ghisler.fileburst.com/fsplugins/wpdplug.zip

Regards
Holger
CITYGUY

Post by *CITYGUY »

HolgerK wrote:
Don't know if this will fix your problem, but meanwhile version 1.0 from 2012/05/14 of this plugin is released:

Regards
Holger
Thank you very much, mate!
Trying right now and will report!
CITYGUY

Post by *CITYGUY »

CITYGUY wrote:
HolgerK wrote:

Regards
Holger
Thank you very much, mate!
Trying right now and will report!
No... Sorry, no change.
I opened the same folder as in the attachment I posted earlier and everything is the same. Folders are displayed as files...
Thanks anyway!

Please, help get this working!
I need to be able to sync a folder on the MTP device with a folder on my desktop PC.
Aleq

Post by *Aleq »

CITYGUY

Post by *CITYGUY »

Thank you! So it is not just me :-)

But there is one more problem
I tried to sync 2 folders which contain only files (so the folders shoen as files problem doesn't exist here) and the files showed different.
We have also a file date&time stamp problem. There is 1 hour and 1 second difference
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *HolgerK »

Did you try Christian's suggestion:
http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=259478#259478 wrote:Mediaaudio2 was created for media players. It can only see files which are present in the media database of your phone. Try to use the virtual folder instead:
1. Click on the little triangle (upside down) to the left of the current path
2. Click on "Computer" - there the device should appear

Unfortunately no time stamps are shown, but copying files should still preserve them.
This way at least the normal copy <F5> (Not the "Synchronize Dirs.." function) of your files should be possible.

Regards
Holger
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Now I have invested a few hours in improving my plugin. You can download the new version 1.1 here:

The hint by Aleq that the folders show up as files with a size >0 was very helpful: The plugin was assuming that all entries with a size >0 were actually files, which is true for MP3 players, but not for Android! The fixed plugin should handle that now.

I have also added a configuration dialog to the properties of each device (Alt+Enter on the device name) which allows to choose the timestamp conversion method. There are actually 3 methods:
1. The device sends the time as local time, and uses the new (Windows 7 style) method to convert from UTC to local time. Android uses this method.
2. The device sends the time as local time, but uses the old (Windows Vista or older) method where the local time changes when switching between daylight saving time and Winter time. Some mp3 players seem to use this method, like some Sandisk Sansa.
3. The device sends the time as UTC. This is also used by some mp3 players.

The first method is now set as the default, so it should be correct with Android devices.

Please let me know how it works! Version 1.1 is available now at the link above, and from our plugins page.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Aleq

Solved

Post by *Aleq »

Ooooh 8)
1.1 works like a charm, at least after quick test I can tell all files and folders are correct!

Thank you!

[mod]This and the following two posts merged from the thread Solved.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

What are you talking about?
umbra
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *umbra »

Windows 7 Pro x64, Windows 10 Pro x64
CITYGUY

Post by *CITYGUY »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Now I have invested a few hours in improving my plugin. You can download the new version 1.1 here:
OK, here is my report:

IT IS WORKING! :-)
1. Folders are visible and not like files any more.
2. Sync is also possible
3. And the time stamps are fine with option No1.

I can’t believe you made it work in such a short time and I spent looking for such ability for months. You are a genius, Ghisler! :-)
Thank you very much!

I tested it carefully and that is why it took longer, and I have some things to report which still need a bit of tackling:

1. When I sync 2 folders the general sync works OK. Then I tested sync with the options
- by content
- ignore date
selected.

It couldn’t do it… But when I make normal sync without the above options selected and then decide to compare 2 files from the listed files by content by pressing Ctrl+F3 the comparison goes through and works every time!!! It is fast and stable even for big files. So it is possible, but why not for the entire list?

2. While I was browsing the SD Card folders I used the phone to create a file in the same folder I was viewing on my PC with TC. This file didn’t appear:
- be re-entering the same folder
- by using the re-read source command
- by restarting the plugin
- by restarting TC

It only appeared after I disconnected and reconnected the USB cable
I tested [WFX] Android ADB 6.5 by Jakubklos for the same scenario and with his plugin this was OK and a simple re-entering of the folder was enough to update the content.

3. Moving files from a folder on SD card to another folder on the SD card was not possible.
Again with [WFX] Android ADB 6.5 by Jakubklos this is working.

4. Doesn’t work in CWM recovery
Again with [WFX] Android ADB 6.5 by Jakubklos this is working.

5. I copied a bunch of files from the PC to the SD card (>3200 of them). All was OK, but I did sync of the 2 folders right after the copy. And ALL the files in the destination folder (on the SD card) were with different time stamps!
- some of them exactly 5 hours earlier
- some of them exactly 4 hours earlier
- I could not spot any other period of the difference, only 4 or 5 hours.

Then I compared the 2 folders again and selected the full list. Then I did right mouse button and wanted to do “copy file properties ->right to left” and only the opposite was possible (to do it from the SD card to the files in the PC). This is a problem…

6. When deleting a file it has a very noticeable lag. Something is in the way there…

BUT:
Speed: WOW, WOW, WOW! Same if not EVEN faster than UMS!
With [WFX] Android ADB 6.5 by Jakubklos the speed is up to 4 times slower(tested everything also with Totalanddroid by Blagoev). Nothing can compare with MediaAudio2. It is fantastic, genius solution! And when these minor glitches corrected it will have no analogue.

Many people on the net and on xda are looking for a solution to the missing UMS with Android 4.2.2 and this plugin can become very famous, as it has the speed, the sync, the great interface etc…
Please, fix these as this little but big&great plugin deserves it!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH AGAIN!