Total Updater 0.8.6.9 - Total Commander & plugin updater

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

brahman

Post by *brahman »

In the English Readme it says:

"wdx_eml: Total Commander content plugin for eml-files.
Version: 1.0 (19.01.2007)
Author: Pavel Dubrovsky aka Antikiller.D1P (UIN 215168320)"

Krasusczak's link is correct.
Regards, Brahman
Win10 & 11 Pro x64
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

Thank you both for the clarifications, i missed this one!

I just found & fixed a bug that caused TU to improperly detect online dates with missing leading zeros (e.g. "03.08.2009") if no online version information can be found on totalcmd.net (like the case with this particular eml plugin) - that will partially solve the above problem. With a crc value paired to this exact wdx it is going to be fully resolved:

Code: Select all

wdx_eml.wdx	03.08.2009	03.08.2009	OK.
» Developer of Total Updater & extDir utility.
FOE

Post by *FOE »

Thanks, for this usefull tool!
Servus, Erwin
--
Bluestar

Total Updater 0.8 ß2 - Total Commander & plugin updater

Post by *Bluestar »

[face=tahoma]Total Updater v0.8 Beta 2 (revision 2)

The new version is mostly a maintenance release, which contains a bunch of fixes & many updated languages (thanks to all of the authors!). The local & online detection of the latest Total Commander has been fixed as well.

Update is strongly recommended - you can use the latest stable version if you encounter any problem!
(read the changelog for more info...)

:arrow: Download | 28-08-2013 | MD5 (exe): 1250611c19246275b716d409e4a77d5d

Changelog:

* New: Updated Danish language (thanks to petermad)
* New: Updated Dutch language (thanks to Jaap Kramer)
* New: Updated German language (thanks to Gerby)
* New: Updated Lithuanian language (thanks to Dalius Guţauskas (Tichij))
* New: Updated Slovak language (thanks to umbra)
* New: Updated Ukrainian language (thanks to Pavlo Dergunov (LonerD))
* Change: updated Indy to the latest available (10.6.0.5049) version
* Change: some more refinements of the latest online TC version query module
* Change: use the official ghisler.com server to download Total Commander package(s) from
* Change: from now on you can double click on a finished download inside the Download dialog to run / open it inside TC (or Explorer, in case TC is not running)
* Change: implemented a new proper method to catch the installed "QuickSearch Extended" version number (as its dll isn't updated regularly)
* Change: show the real package name in the download dialog by default before the actual filename is retrieved
* Change: from now on the ID (filename) field is also editable when modifying an existing UserDB item
* Change: the description below the main logo is now a localized string for each language
* Change: added 6 new items to the Internal Plugin Database
* Change: added 3 new items to the checksum database & removed tcmatch.dll's entry (no more needed because of the new method)
* Fixed: detection of Total Commander 8.50 BETA 1+ (unless the previous ones, its executable doesn't have any version information embedded) [bugreport]
* Fixed: an issue that could mess up item indexing when excluding items (files) from the plugin list
* Fixed: incorrect recognization of some plugins categorized as MultiArc (e.g. ConPaste)
* Fixed: faulty detection of online plugin dates in case of missing leading zeros (e.g. 3.8.2009)
* Fixed: get the correct size of a package when POST is needed before dl action to get the actual file
* Fixed: latest plugin information cannot be requested if there is only one item in the list (TC is disabled)
* Fixed: an Access Violation on closing the search box in case there are no items in the plugin list
* Fixed: confirmation dialog did show up anyway even if there were no items selected in the UserDB tab when pressing DEL
* Fixed: it wasn't possible to click on Author URL from the right click popup menu of Download dialog, even if it was correctly filled
* Fixed: it wasn't possible to filter the list again after all the items have already been filtered out of it
* Fixed: show download cancel confirmation dialog when clicking on form Close [X] button
* Fixed: the buttons inside Infobox are now working even if the selected tab is not the "Update" one
* Fixed: many potential issues regarding incorrect handle of TC filename got from its current wnd handle
[/face]

Edit: Revision 2 is up with a few more corrections - if you're still having problems detecting local version of the new TC8.50B1 (x64) please try this new version. Thanks.

@FOE: Thanks, I'm really glad to hear you like it.

Regards,
Bluestar
Last edited by Bluestar on 2013-08-28, 09:12 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

Running TC 8.50 Beta 1 the program still says I'm running TC 8.01
and offers the update to 8.50b1
Gerby

Post by *Gerby »

Hi Horst!

This is a problem of Total Commander 8.50ß1 itself, because it still reports version 8.0.1.0 in its file information.

[Edit]
The bug has already been reported here:
http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=37763
[/Edit]

Greetings
Gerby
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

@Horst.Epp:
Actually - as you can see in the changelog - I did notice this issue of the new TC8.50B1 & fixed it for x32 (at least it works fine for me, couldn't test the 64-bit version).

I'm assuming you're using TCx64, aren't you? I just uploaded a new silent update of TU (revision 2), could you please try if the detection works fine now?

If it still fails, could you please test if it works having Total Commander closed, so in case Total Updater is running alone started from Explorer?
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

Bluestar wrote:@Horst.Epp:
Actually - as you can see in the changelog - I did notice this issue of the new TC8.50B1 & fixed it for x32 (at least it works fine for me, couldn't test the 64-bit version).

I'm assuming you're using TCx64, aren't you? I just uploaded a new silent update of TU (revision 2), could you please try if the detection works fine now?

If it still fails, could you please test if it works having Total Commander closed, so in case Total Updater is running alone started from Explorer?
Yes, I'm using the x64 version.
But I found the problem (its already reported) Christian ha the wrong version info in the exe file for the x64 TC.
So its not your fould :D
tosbsas

Post by *tosbsas »

totalcmd.net seems to be offline
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

I did notice it too, unfortunately nothing I can do about it.. wincmd.ru is also down, so theres something definitely went wrong with the server(s).
Hopefully they are going to be back soon.

Edit: Server is up again! (18.30 UTC+1)
Nigurrath

Post by *Nigurrath »

Hi,
there's a problem on computer with large font setting (120% DPI system font).

Just look at the update db window for example

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/825/8iep.jpg
always latest 32b TC on a WIN10 64b
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

@Nigurrath:
Thanks for reporting this issue!

In the following BETA version I decided to turn off scaling for now to fix this problem, as it would need pretty hard work to rearrange the objects to show fine on every DPI settings (especially the Configuration dialog, which would even need another new logic & structure, as theres no way it fits the screen with 120dpi & 800x600 for example)...
Bluestar

Total Updater 0.8 ß3r2 - Total Commander & plugin update

Post by *Bluestar »

[face=tahoma]Total Updater v0.8 Beta 3 (revision 2)

The new beta version of the updater can now handle archives & install the downloaded plugin updates (this feature is still experimental though), and is also able to update its own database! A lot of existing functions have been improved (like the version compare routine) and many, many bugs have been fixed.

Update is strongly recommended - you can use the latest stable version if you encounter any problem!
(read the changelog for more info...)

:arrow: Download | 04-09-2013 | MD5 (exe): 1d01fcbc26f64ed01998d2e34a92e776

Changelog:

* New: Readme file is now ready & available
* New: Total Updater is now able to install the downloaded plugins (experimental - may need admin rights)
* New: Total Updater is now able to update its own Internal Plugin Database & checksum database runtime
* New: Support of PKZip, Microsoft CAB, tar, gzip, bzip2, zlib and RAR compression formats
* New: Try to load the "UNRAR.DLL" from Total Commander's main directory for the rar unpacker to work
* New: You can put "UNRAR.DLL" to Total Updater's main folder in case it can't be found elsewhere
* New: Detection of even more plugin updates by adding the optional "ForceLatestVer" DB config parameter
* New: Added some new updates to the database: "AviWcx", "Back2Life", "CatalogMaker", "CloudWFX", "DiskInternals Reader", "GifWcx", "SFTPPlugin" and much more...
* New: Hexadecimal checksum values are now supported beside decimal ones too
* New: Update list right-click popup now contains "Send to IDM" menu item
* New: Hotkey support Ctrl + Shift + D - download selected files using IDM
* New: You can press ESC to turn the active filtering off (just like in TC)
* Change: updated Indy to the latest available (10.6.0.5051) version
* Change: significantly improved version compare algorithm (especially when comparing TC versions)
* Change: show Total Updater's current instance in a separate category along its IPD & checksum database data
* Change: replaced old-style directory selector to the new one (in case the OS is earlier than Vista)
* Change: added new translation strings to the ENG language file
* Change: some additional code cleanups & optimizations
* Change: added 19 new items to the Internal Plugin Database
* Change: added 7 new items to the checksum database
* Fixed: a case when the utility could falsely show TC as updatable if the "Production Environment" option is checked in the Configuration
* Fixed: downloading Total Commander did not work when its main executable was manually renamed to something other than "TOTALCMD.exe" or "TOTALCMD64.exe"
* Fixed: updater catched the latest stable version's URL instead of BETA, even if it was found & detected as updatable (regexp/multiline error)
* Fixed: try to convert the old-format IE proxy parameters to the one being used from TU 0.8 Beta 1 automatically
* Fixed: the application failed to show the proxy configuration error on "Search for updates" in case the strings format were uncorrect
* Fixed: changed the method of detecting "wdx_mediainfo" plugin (read FileVersion of "MediaInfo.dll" instead of "mediainfo.wdx")
* Fixed: a problem that could cause the date format used by TU revert itself to system default after the user changes it inside Windows
* Fixed: a bug that caused incorrect right click popup caption showing "Modify UserDB entry" instead of "Modify database entry"
* Fixed: proper handling of clicking on Infobox buttons showing the information of a plugin in the list (in case theres no selection in the "UserDB" tab)
* Fixed: do not jump to the first item of the list after the search window has been deactivated in case a selection can already be found
* Fixed: broken download string when modifying directory on first start of the utility in the download dialog
* Fixed: do not allow to exclude the current instance of Total Updater & its addons
* Fixed: saving of "upluginfo.ini" (online package names) accidentally got broken in Beta 2
* Fixed: scaling has been turned off temporary to fix the DPI problems
* Fixed: a lots of other issues...
[/face]

P.S.: Please report any bugs that you have found, especially regarding the new update function - thanks.
An updated language file can be found here for the translators.

Edit: B3rev2 quickfix is up (22:10UTC+1), which resolves issues of the Internal Plugin Database update & the loading of "unrar.dll" in case it has been put in the utility's directory.

Bluestar
Last edited by Bluestar on 2013-09-04, 20:13 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
mwz

Post by *mwz »

2Bluestar
Thank your for the great work.

Total Updater v0.8 Beta 3 -- I see now only one minor inconvenience in the very first line:
Total Commander (x64) - Installed: 8.0.1.08.01 - Latest: 8.50beta2 - Status: Ok

In Total Updater v0.8 Beta 2 this status was "Update available!"

Probably it would better to define the status of beta versions as something like "Optional"?
a.k.a. Mikhail Zhilin, #12316 Personal license
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

@mwz:
Thanks, nice to hear you enjoy using it.

Actually that is not a problem of the compare routine, rather the way it (incorrectly) catches the local version of Total Commander x64 - comparement only works for version strings like "1.2.3.4" [major.minor.release.build subversion numbers] (so a maximum of 3 dots are allowed).

Could you please test if unchecking the "Try to use the intelligent subversion-detection (for BETA versions)" and then refreshing the list helps?
It could also work if you would try it with TU started from the current instance of Total Commander / having TC closed while running TU - I'd be glad if you could test these cases.

I'll try to fix the problem asap.
mwz wrote:Probably it would better to define the status of beta versions as something like "Optional"?
You can simply check "Production Environment" checkbox in Configuration tab, so in this case TU will not show betas as update (this won't really solve your problem anyway, since it is related to catching the local vernum).

Anybody else having the same issue?

Btw in the meantime I suggest to all of you did download the new Beta3 to redownload it, as revision 2 has been uploaded tonight with some plugin-database & RAR archive handling-related fixes.