Any plan for a better E-Ink friendliness?

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Reeve

Any plan for a better E-Ink friendliness?

Post by *Reeve »

I have installed TC android 2.02 onto a rooted Sony PRS T1 reader (E-Ink screen, Android 2.2.1, Freescale 800Mhz), and the compatiability is good.
Many thank for your great work at first.
Now I'm hoping a better E-Ink friendliness support from you, such as:
1. A more simple but accurate color picker, which can setup TC into a pure black text over pure white background style.
2. A option to disable scrolling effect in file list or long configuration menu. Scrolling means many anonying overall refreshes on E-Ink screen. Maybe a pageturn effect could be used as a substitue, off course without animation.
3. Further, use the reader's hardware pageup/pagedown keys to operate the file list or long configuration menu.
Many thanks!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Try using the latest beta from our homepage, and set the theme to "light" instead of "dark".
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Reeve

Post by *Reeve »

I just tried TC 2.03beta4 and found your newly added "light" theme an amazing improvement.
For a greyscale e-ink device, a black/white or high contrast monochrome theme is always appreciated.
I've already tested serveral android apps on my rooted e-ink PRS T1, amony which TC2.03beta4 is the first app that can change color theme of its configuration menu.
Then, do you want a further step to change the color theme of the file list panel?
And would you like to try a "squre plus hex value " style color picker as Moon+ Reader? In current TC's color picker, you can never go back to the former color everytime after you change it.
Reeve

Post by *Reeve »

After searching the web, I found the scrolling animation effect are implemented in Android's standard ListView and WebView components.
Some valuable discussions are here:
github.com/aarddict/android/issues/28
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Unfortunately TC uses a ListView. I'm surprised that they didn't adapt the standard controls like the ListView to e-ink devices. :(
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com