Streaming issue in TC Media Player while accessing Dropbox

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

piter_mg

Streaming issue in TC Media Player while accessing Dropbox

Post by *piter_mg »

Hi!

I'm using on Android 4.1 (JB) Total Commander and Dropbox apps (both in the latest versions).

Whenever I try to open any MP3 from my Dropbox application, it opens automatically TC Media Player application to stream the file. Unfortunately it doesn't even start to play. I can see the file name and link, but nothing happens.

I'm not sure whether this is the TC issue or Dropbox problem, but without TC installed, Dropbox normally streams media files in other app.

Do you have any idea what might be going wrong? I'd be very grateful for help or suggestion what to check.

Best,
Peter
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This is a known bug in the media player which will be fixed in the next release: Dropbox is using encrypted (https) streams, which the player cannot handle yet. Please contact me by e-mail (support at ghisler dot com) if you would like to test a pre-release version.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Number99

Post by *Number99 »

Great! I've been having the same problem, but nice to see that there is a solution coming. :-)
piter_mg

Post by *piter_mg »

Yes! I've contacted Christian and now I am testing this prerelease version :-) I must admit that streaming from dropbox seems to be working fine :-D
Number99

Post by *Number99 »

Glad to hear it! :)
McConnor

Post by *McConnor »

Thanks for this invaluable classic piece of software for android.

I downloaded the public to circumvent the streaming problem in the final. I was nonetheless wondering where to set the behaviour that dropbox opens TC Media Player. Prior to the installation of TC I used my standard music app to play back dropbox media files.

But in Settings-App Manager where I usually can set Standard apps the TC Media Player is not listed an none of the TC Entries has any standard settings to it! So how could I chose another media player over TC Media Player in Dropbox?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You need to install a software which tells the system that it supports the file format you need. Apparently the standard music app does NOT, so Dropbox only proposes it when no other player is installed.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com