PopUpBox / Icon Question

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Wheelie

PopUpBox / Icon Question

Post by *Wheelie »

Hello TC forum dudes,

I have a little pop-up-box problem with TC (the old WC did it to) and I tried to find it in this forum and in the help file but, no.
Every message box is centered to the screen but I would like it to center it to TC. Is this a setting that I missed ? :oops:

And, I use Acad every day and downloaded a nice little utillity (DWGicon) to show the drawing version with a differend kind of icon, so you can see this in a explorer window.
Only with TC I see the windows default -I don't know this extention- icon. And I have the Display Configuration settings -Show symbols to the left of the filename- set to : All associated + EXE/LINK, but no.
Is there an other Acad user that can check this ? I'm using WinNT4.0 and Win2000. Or can the programmer of TC check this (if it's not to much trouble).

Here is some info about DWGicon :

Updates http://www7.brinkster.com/haugh/fw/di/
Support mailto:stephan_haugh@hotmail.com.

Thanks[/img]
Aezay

Post by *Aezay »

Wheelie> I have a little pop-up-box problem with TC (the old WC did it to) and I tried to find it in this forum and in the help file but, no.
Every message box is centered to the screen but I would like it to center it to TC. Is this a setting that I missed ?

I don't understand ur question about centered dialog boxes. Explorer/windows center most of its dialogs to the screen too, so why should TC behave different?

Wheelie> And, I use Acad every day and downloaded a nice little utillity (DWGicon) to show the drawing version with a differend kind of icon, so you can see this in a explorer window.
Only with TC I see the windows default -I don't know this extention- icon. And I have the Display Configuration settings -Show symbols to the left of the filename- set to : All associated + EXE/LINK, but no.

When u have one of these shell extensions, that changes the icon, like MP3-Info Extension <www.mutschler.de/mp3ext/>. Do the following, to get the icon shown as in Explorer:

- Select the filetype that has a shell extension applied, in ur case *.dwg.
- MainMenu -> Files -> Associate With -> Edit type -> Change Icon
- Type "%1" in this dialog and press OK.

U may have to restart TC for it to work.
Of all the planets I've been to, this one is my favorite.
Wheelie

Post by *Wheelie »

First :

I do a bit of programing myself in VB, ok some call it scripting, but I know that one of the properties of a msgbox or child-window is where it's suppose to pop-up. Acad has toolbars that you can place outside the Acad window, but any pop-up appears in the center of Acad.

And I use a virtual desktop, that is that my DeskTop area is larger than the Display area. It's verry usefull if you have multiple windows open and you have to switch often. Just scroll to the side (or botum) of the screen and there is the rest (I'm a mouse dude, ALT-TAB is to much work). :?

So in my case I see it as a bug if this centering to application is not used, not to mention if a use a 640 display area with a 1600 desktop area, where is that window ? :)

Second :

This is the nice thing about it, normaly you have 1 icon per extention, but with this tool I have an icon for every acad version and they all use the DWG extention.
So I can see if it's a 2.6 or a 2002 version (or one inbetween).

But thanks for the try ! :wink:
Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]On 04-03-2003 20:07:12 +0000 Wheelie wrote:

W> with this tool I have an icon for every acad
W> version and they all use the DWG extention.

So what's the problem, dude? Aezay gave you an answer, it should work.[/face]
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Every message box is centered to the screen
Unfortunately the standard Windows MessageBox() call always centers the message boxes. I try to center some of my own boxes over the program, and remember the location of others, but the standard MessageBox location cannot be set...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Wheelie

Post by *Wheelie »

Aezay + Black Dog

It is hard to explain this icon thing, so I prepaired a 32Mb printscreen of my desktop with TC and a explorer window. O... I can not ctrl-v it in this massage box. :roll:

But you have to see it, normaly when I get 50 drawings I have to open them all to see what version they are but now one view in the explorer ! O.k. I can view (F3) them one by one to see a code in the beginning of the DWG file. But... I'm a lazy... :oops:

I think it works like this, DWGicon has a DLL that sits between the Win code that reads a directory and retreves the icon from the file, and the apllication that requested it. And when it sees that it's a DWG than it looks again to this file for it's version number, and this info is used to send the right icon to the application that requested the directory.

But you can install it yourself, there are a few sample drawings included to.
And with other programs it works to, so I thought it must be in the way that TC gets it icon info. I think. :?

ghisler

Yeah, the default msgbox in VB does not have it either, but for sure your F5 - F8 and FTP and Configuration windows must have this option, not the F3 and F4 they are other programs.

But I wonder what happens if you have a mutiple monitor configuration, does any body have this ? I have an ATI radeon 8500 at home that has this possebility but I never got it running. I saw that you can define on witch monitor you want a program to appear but not the pop-up's.

And thanks for this program, when I first started in the DOS prompt (only the older users know this, there was no mouse and you had to type the whole path) I got a bit :cry: . But them NC came... and wend, and now we continue with TC. :D
Aezay

Post by *Aezay »

Wheelie
What more exactly do u want TC to do? I already answered how to make it show the right icons, for filetypes with icon handlers. It seems that u didn't test the answer, I gave in my last reply.
Of all the planets I've been to, this one is my favorite.
Wheelie

Post by *Wheelie »

Thank you. For making me work. :(

I did what you wrote (after you remark) and it did not work, restarted TC, not. Rebooted the PC, not. Checked the Associate With again and then I saw it. I have 2 versions of ACAD running and I only changed 1 extention. :oops: It works great now, man I am so happy.

When I double click on a DWG it always uses the latest exe I used.

Yeah Black Dog, there you have it. I'm not as smart as I look. :roll:

But I am not so easy upset.... when a ignorant newbee asks stupid questions. :?
Evgeny

Re: PopUpBox / Icon Question

Post by *Evgeny »

Maybe new freeware CAD plugin for TC can help.
CAD View Plugin for Total Commander
http://www.cadsofttools.com/?PageName=CADView
DWG, DXF , HPGL, CGM, SVG
http://www.cadsofttools.com/download/CADView.zip