totalcmd.net

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

Flint wrote:If somebody starts inflating his directory size too much, we'll have to turn quotas on again.
Can you reveal the maximum directory size is planned for now?
Is it 100MB like before or more or less?
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

ts4242
100-200 MB should not be a problem, give or take. If you need significantly more, please, write me an E-mail, we'll discuss it.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

Flint wrote:100-200 MB should not be a problem
That's enough for me, i was afraid it is less than 100MB.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

Two things I noticed:

1) There seem to be some kind of strange configuration on this server. When I upload files with ending html - they are not recognized. htm works fine.

2) It seems some data is gone. Files I recently uploaded no longer reappear after the maintenance.
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Lefteous wrote:When I upload files with ending html - they are not recognized. htm works fine.
I'll take a look at that.
Lefteous wrote:2) It seems some data is gone. Files I recently uploaded no longer reappear after the maintenance.
It was not maintenance. It was moving to another server. You probably uploaded files on the old server after transferring all data to the new one (maybe, slow DNS, or you connected using IP).

I'll try to synchronize the data, but I cannot tell how long it would take,. The best is to reupload all new files to the new location again, making sure you are using the correct address for FTP (new IP is 109.237.110.23).
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

I'll take a look at that.
Thanks!
The best is to reupload all new files to the new location again
Will do so!
krasusczak

Post by *krasusczak »

Flint can you configure full support for subdomain www.totalcmd.net (like on old server) because right now www.totalcmd.net redirect to totalcmd.net & this may case problems with Total Updater (but I'm not sure, for sure new domain configuration kill my rss settings, so maybe that why Total Updater don't work now also:] )

p.s.
there is also problem on new server with rss script (not updated from 16th March)
Last edited by krasusczak on 2015-03-30, 13:48 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

krasusczak
I do not expect any trouble with redirecting www addresses to non-www, all browsers and download tools should handle this. If you found particular issue caused by redirecting, please, specify. What program you are using, what URL you are trying to fetch and what do you get.

RSS are not updated for different reason, I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the report.

krasusczak

Post by *krasusczak »

RSS Reader - TC plugin configured for http://www.totalcmd.net/rss.xml won't update anymore, i need change configuration to http://totalcmd.net/rss.xml
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

krasusczak
It seems there is a problem in RSS Reader, it cannot handle HTTP redirections. I myself follow many RSS feeds (using another program) and I assure you, it's not a rare situation that their URLs change. Usually they provide a redirection so that old URLs continued working, and it's totally fine behavior defined by the HTTP standard.

I'm sorry, it's not feasible to change the server configuration just because one particular program has faulty implementation of standard HTTP functionality. Even if I do it, some other RSS feeds will change sooner or later, and the same problem will appear again.

krasusczak

Post by *krasusczak »

don't get me wrong i don't need any changes i can del "www." by myself so it's not a problem for me, i just assume that the same problem may persist with Total Updater because it functionality fall when totalcmd.net change servers so i just inform about this ;)
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

krasusczak wrote:i just assume that the same problem may persist with Total Updater because it functionality fall when totalcmd.net change servers so i just inform about this
I definitely appreciate your concern. If something goes wrong because of the server misconfiguration, I'm surely going to hunt it down and fix. But if some application does not work because of its own bugs, I'd prefer to have that application fixed rather than modify a valid server configuration.

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Lefteous wrote:When I upload files with ending html - they are not recognized. htm works fine.
krasusczak wrote:there is also problem on new server with rss script (not updated from 16th March)
These two problems should be fixed now.

Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

Hi @Flint,

I'm trying to update one of my packages on totalcmd.net, but I can't accomplish this task because the server shows the following error message after uploading the file and hitting on Submit button:

http://wincmd.ru/files/9924318/Total_Updater_v0.8.6.8.zip:
Failed to determine the file size. Please, check that the link is valid and points to file directly.

Could you please help me to resolve this problem? I've tried it in multiple browsers (IE11, FF) without any success...

Thanks!

PS.: may it be quota problem? btw the file is just about 1.5 MB but I do have some previous versions of it on the server :)
» Developer of Total Updater & extDir utility.
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Bluestar
No, quotas are 1) applied only to FTP uploads, and 2) turned off. :)

Problem was in Apache configuration and internal DNS resolving. I've fixed it now, please, test.