Scroll bars on the main panels-is it possible to get em out?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Warhead

Scroll bars on the main panels-is it possible to get em out?

Post by *Warhead »

Could anybody tell me if it's possible to get rid of the scrolling bars on the right side of the main panels - they appear if listed directory contains many files. If it's possible, how do I do that?

Thanks in advance for any replies.[/quote]
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

It is not possible at the moment.
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
Warhead

Post by *Warhead »

Then, if it makes sence, I'd like to make a suggestion to the author.
These scrolling bars are serious parts of the interface, and they should be adjustable. I mean, the current scroll bars take considerable amount of screen space, whereas scrolling can easily be done by other ways. Perhaps there are other people, just like me, who would prefer to scroll using PgUp PgDn keys, or mouse scrolling wheel. Then, it's a good idea to make the panels scrollable by clicking on their top/bottom, just like it used to be in old Norton Commander.
Clo

As an option / command---

Post by *Clo »

2Warhead
These scrolling bars are serious parts of the interface, and they should be adjustable…
:) Hello !
• That could be an option that I would support...
* The issue is that the width of the scroll-bar is no longer adjustable in Win 9x and newer, while it was in Win 3.x (the same for its colour...)
* These infos are no longer set in <control.ini> -like they were in Win 3.x -… I suppose that they are somewhere in the registry.
* If you know this, please let us know.
* A TC internal command to show / hide the scrolling-bars should be opportune I guess.
Then, it's a good idea to make the panels scrollable by clicking on their top/bottom, just like it used to be in old Norton Commander.
• Humm… The same is used in the most text editors to enlarge the selection, but doesn't work very fine under Win 98 in many cases… :?

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

* The issue is that the width of the scroll-bar is no longer adjustable in Win 9x and newer
It is still adjustable, at least in my XP. ControlPanel / Display / Appearance / Advanced / click on the scrollbar on the picture, to get to the scrollbar proerties and set the width.
But this works only if "classic" look and feel is turned on.
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
Clo

No colours---

Post by *Clo »

2SanskritFritz
:) Hi !
• The width is adjustable, but not the colour... The fields exist, but stay always blurred (that is pretty stupid, I guess).
• Besides, a command to hide the bars directly in TC from a menu or a button could be useful; i.e., I've an extra-menu "Interface" in which it could be added…

:mrgreen:  K R
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Warhead

Post by *Warhead »

Sorry, by 'should be adjustable' I meant that the bars should be given an option of being switched on and off.
A TC internal command to show / hide the scrolling-bars should be opportune I guess
That's what I was trying to say.

Herr Ghisler! Could you please consider that proposal for the new TC version? :D
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

To my knowledge, it's not possible to turn off scroll bars in standard listbox controls. I will verify that.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

ghisler(Author) wrote:To my knowledge, it's not possible to turn off scroll bars in standard listbox controls. I will verify that.
All you have to do is to remove the WS_VSCROLL style.