7Zip Plugin Continued ...

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

dllee

Post by *dllee »

Sorry, I'm too busy these days, but I'm still using TC & 7Zip plugin almost every day :D

2franziscko

I had tried to use the 7Zip 9.22, but it can not upgrade directly.
So, currently 7zip Plugin is still using the code of 7Zip 9.20.
Maybe when 7Zip has a new stable version, I will try to update the plugin.

2sam5 and gora

I suggest you using Total7Zip for other archives, I use Total7Zip too.

2MaxX

Today, after I checked this thread, I tried to abort 7zip plugin processing when unload plugins (via DllMain case DLL_PROCESS_DETACH), the 7zip plugin stopped and return the request of DLL_PROCESS_DETACH for dll unload, but the dialog of TC for archive plugins was still there (background process dialog). I think, there should be a lot of code need to add to TC to prevent this problem, but this is just making the code hard to maintain. And I think it is not worth.
So, please take ghisler(Author) and MVV's advice to avoid the problem. Or using Total7Zip ( again :P ) to avoid the problem.

2Evds

When you pack a large set of files, the plugin will gather the file information, like filename and filesize, to build a file list, and then pack each file from the list.
Current version can only let you do abort or background after the file list is built.
I will check if it is possible to let you do abort or background immediately.
gora

Post by *gora »

dllee wrote: I suggest you using Total7Zip for other archives, I use Total7Zip too.
Total7Zip does not work in x64 TC. It is not suitable for me
tools400

Post by *tools400 »

Maybe this is a stupid question but how can one open the configuration dialog of the 7zip plugin? I just installed v0.7.6.5a of the plugin but I cannot find the configuration dialog which is shown on the download page of the plugin at "totalcmd_net".
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2tools400
You configure it in the Pack files dialog.

Select the files you want to pack and press Alt+F5. In the "Packer" section select the radio buton that has a -> next to it. Then select 7z in the drop down list. Now click the button "Configure..." and the configuration dialog for 7zip should pop up.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
MaxX
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MaxX »

2gora
Check the russian forum (I've seen you there too) for the topic about MultiArc64. Some user found solution there.
Ukrainian Total Commander Translator. Feedback and discuss.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

MaxX,
I think it is better to post direct link to forum post instead of just mentioning it.

Currently Multiarc x64 is the only way to use 7z.dll on TCx64. But it should be noticed that direct plugin is much faster than Multiarc and supports Unicode paths, also I can't guarantee that Multiarc x64 is error-free.
tools400

Post by *tools400 »

Thank you very much. Things are clear, now.
petermad wrote:2tools400

Select the files you want to pack and press Alt+F5. In the "Packer" section select the radio buton that has a -> next to it. Then select 7z in the drop down list. Now click the button "Configure..." and the configuration dialog for 7zip should pop up.
MaxX
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MaxX »

MVV wrote:I think it is better to post direct link to forum post instead of just mentioning it.
That's it. I had just had not time to find it when was writing my post...
ace960

Post by *ace960 »

Hello, I know this is quite old message. Anyway, is there a way how to keep the last used configuration of 7zip plugin? It returns to default one everytime I want to use it. I mostly use LZMA2 at Ultra with some specific settings to fit to RAM so I would appreciate if it remembers the last used setting like 7-zip GUI does. I found out that the setting is stored in c:\Program Files\totalcmd\plugins\wcx\7zip\7zip.ini but "keep last" would be fine. Hopefully, it can be added when there is new release of 7zip plugin when the next stable 7zip is released :-)
log53

7zip.ini syntax

Post by *log53 »

ace960 wrote:

Hello, I know this is quite old message. Anyway, is there a way how to keep the last used configuration of 7zip plugin? It returns to default one everytime I want to use it. I mostly use LZMA2 at Ultra with some specific settings to fit to RAM so I would appreciate if it remembers the last used setting like 7-zip GUI does. I found out that the setting is stored in c:\Program Files\totalcmd\plugins\wcx\7zip\7zip.ini but "keep last" would be fine. Hopefully, it can be added when there is new release of 7zip plugin when the next stable 7zip is released :-)
Hi all,
I presume this .ini file can be manually modified for the ALT+F5 dialog to use it, which IMHO sufficiently bypasses the need for a "Keep last" setting, however, is there any list of values that can be used in this INI file?
The context menu command "Add to archive..." clearly does not use this file as it does not change if I modify the compression settings in the "Add to archive..." dialog window.
Some of the values are clear to read, however I am a bit confused about the others as they do not exactly comply to what is shows in the ALT+F5 Configure dialog.
This is what my INI and dialog look like:

[settings]
Password=
CompMethod=1
CompLevel=5
DictSize=8388608
WordSize=64
SolidBlock=28
Flags=5368
NumThreads=1
DeflateNumPasses=1
SFXModule=7z.9.20.sfx
SFXIconFile=
SFXIconIndex=0

i40.tinypic[dot]com/2vc9jm9.jpg (sorry not allowed to post links as a neewbie)

Hope this has not been covered elsewhere, I tried to search without success.
Many thanks!
xpk

Delta filter support

Post by *xpk »

Hello,
I just discovered bug in this wcx_7zip plugin. It throws error when trying to decompress files with delta filter. Delta filter is supported in 7-zip since version 9.x, and since 15.x it is used by default for WAV files, which is making this bug progressively more apparent nuisance. As this plugin is based on 7-zip 9.20, the needed support should already be there so this looks only like a small bug :)

I really like this plugin. Can anyone fix this please?
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Delta filter support

Post by *Horst.Epp »

xpk wrote:Hello,
I just discovered bug in this wcx_7zip plugin. It throws error when trying to decompress files with delta filter. Delta filter is supported in 7-zip since version 9.x, and since 15.x it is used by default for WAV files, which is making this bug progressively more apparent nuisance. As this plugin is based on 7-zip 9.20, the needed support should already be there so this looks only like a small bug :)

I really like this plugin. Can anyone fix this please?
Why don't you use the Total7zip plugin ?
This allows you to use all features and formats of any installed 7-zip version.
I use it together with the 15.06 version.
I have changed the plugin config to point to the 7-zip installation.
xpk

Post by *xpk »

Horst.Epp wrote: Why don't you use the Total7zip plugin ?
Hello Horst,
thanks for the suggestion. I have discarded Total7zip as a viable path about 5 years ago because of some important issues, which I dont remember exactly. It might have been something like not storing folder timestamps, missing or bad x64 support or lockups with large amounth of archived files or something else. On ghisler com/plugins.htm it is still recommended to use this 7zip plugin for x64. Anyway, I will test Total7zip again when I have time.
Axis

Post by *Axis »

xpk wrote:On ghisler com/plugins.htm it is still recommended to use this 7zip plugin for x64
You're right, I didn't notice it :? : Is there something wrong with Total7zip 64bit?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I had problems with timestamps (if I remember correctly) and archives taken over by the plugin, so I recommended wcx_7zip because it is focused on 7zip only and works very well for me. As you discovered, 7zip is constantly evolving, so any unpacker can get quickly out of order.

Btw, where can I find a sample archive with this "Delta filter"?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com