Time Changes When I Copy Files to DVD+RW (Drag-to-Disk)

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Edpaulw

Time Changes When I Copy Files to DVD+RW (Drag-to-Disk)

Post by *Edpaulw »

Under 5.51 and now 6.03a, when I copy files from my hard drive to my DVD+RW, the date stays the same, but the time changes.

I copied two files using TC -- one had a timestamp of 7:31 pm on the hard drive, but on the DVD+RW disk it changes to 2:31 pm.

The second file has a timestamp of 2:08 pm on the hard drive, but once copied to the DVD+RW disk it shows 9:08 am.

If I use Windows tools to do the same copy operations or just drop the files on the Drag-to-Disk icon, the timestamp is the same on both the hard drive and DVD+RW for both files.

Am I doing something wrong in Total Commander?? :?:

(If I drag and drop a file from TC to the DTD icon, time is the same. It just happens when I use TC to do the entire copy operation -- that is, copying the file between the two TC drive panels.)

I am running Windows 2000 SP4.

Currently I have to use the "change attributes" command to reset the time. That works perfectly.

Also, if the files are copied to different partitions on my HARD DRIVES the times are NOT changed -- so perhaps there's something wrong with the Roxio software....
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This is a bug in DirectCD. DirectCD doesn't handle time zones correctly in the function SetFileTime(). Use the option "use compatibility mode for this drive" in Total Commander - Configuration - Options - Copy/Move, this uses CopyFileEx(), which is apparently handled correctly by DirectCD.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Edpaulw

Post by *Edpaulw »

ghisler(Author) wrote:This is a bug in DirectCD. DirectCD doesn't handle time zones correctly in the function SetFileTime(). Use the option "use compatibility mode for this drive" in Total Commander - Configuration - Options - Copy/DELETE, this uses CopyFileEx(), which is apparently handled correctly by DirectCD.
BEAUTIFUL, CHRISTIAN! Works great now. Thank you so much! :D :D