[WCX] ZPAQ

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

milo1012
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *milo1012 »

New Version 1.2a!
  • fixed: error preventing extraction of some files, when target dir structure wasn't similar to
    archive internal structure (number of target directory levels being smaller)
  • added new special field for the custom format string: number of added NTFS Alternate Data Streams
  • Chinese Simplified translation update (by 'wwj402')
Check the first post for the new file.
TC plugins: PCREsearch and RegXtract
Mark0

Post by *Mark0 »

Hi! Thanks for the nice work with the plugin!

I was wondering if the change between 'Show all archive versions' could be made in a more convenient / faster way.
For example, how about adding a "Full list" (or something like that) to the list of all revisions, to quickly switch to the non versioned view?
milo1012
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *milo1012 »

Mark0 wrote:I was wondering if the change between 'Show all archive versions' could be made in a more convenient / faster way.
For example, how about adding a "Full list" (or something like that) to the list of all revisions, to quickly switch to the non versioned view?
Well, it could work in theory, but unfortunately this is not really possible in practice,
because for that I'd need to open an archive twice, once with listing all versions,
once without it, and cache all(!) former entries in RAM, which might use a lot of it for big archives.
Additionally, if TC then requests any file, I have to "guess" to which listing such entry belongs (it might get ambiguous).

Again, this is something that the ZPAQ author should implement,
as it will require serious changes to the internal data structures, for which I don't have the time (or patience) to do it on my own.
And considering posts like this, it seems that Matt isn't really interested in improving the standalone program much further.

If I find some alternative way to list both archive structures at the same time, I will implement it of course.
(I'm open for suggestions [programming-wise], BTW)
But before that, I will try to implement more status updates to the progress dialog, to make packing/unpacking big files more responsive, and maybe try to work on SFX archives.
However, I don't know when I find the time for either of it.
milo1012
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *milo1012 »

New Version 1.3!
  • added optional normal archive view (i.e. the default view showing the latest archive state)
    in an extra dir, when listing an archive via the 'Show all archive versions' option
    -> name of the dir can be customized
    -> will "move" all relevant files (incl. path) out of the version sub-dirs into that extra dir
    -> will "remove" the latest version dir, as all files found in there represent the latest state anyway
    -> can optionally include all "deleted" files, meaning it would show a combination of all files (and paths)
    that the archive ever came across, which might help in cases where you didn't add files to
    an archive via the '-nodelete'/'Don't mark files found only in the last update as deleted' option
  • the progress dialog for packing/unpacking will now receive constant updates, meaning that
    you can now send any operation to background easily, like in case of handling large single files
    (they formerly blocked the dialog/operation until they were nearly finished)
  • added option to warn about pending background operations (that would use additional CPU/RAM resources)
  • fixed: the detailed custom string for the 'Show archive version names as detailed timestamp'
    option now replaces Windows forbidden file name characters ('<', '>', ':' etc.)
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

milo1012 wrote:New Version 1.3!
  • added optional normal archive view (i.e. the default view showing the latest archive state)
    in an extra dir, when listing an archive via the 'Show all archive versions' option
    -> name of the dir can be customized
    -> will "move" all relevant files (incl. path) out of the version sub-dirs into that extra dir
    -> will "remove" the latest version dir, as all files found in there represent the latest state anyway
    -> can optionally include all "deleted" files, meaning it would show a combination of all files (and paths)
    that the archive ever came across, which might help in cases where you didn't add files to
    an archive via the '-nodelete'/'Don't mark files found only in the last update as deleted' option
  • the progress dialog for packing/unpacking will now receive constant updates, meaning that
    you can now send any operation to background easily, like in case of handling large single files
    (they formerly blocked the dialog/operation until they were nearly finished)
  • added option to warn about pending background operations (that would use additional CPU/RAM resources)
  • fixed: the detailed custom string for the 'Show archive version names as detailed timestamp'
    option now replaces Windows forbidden file name characters ('<', '>', ':' etc.)
Enabling the added optional normal archive view doesn't do anything for me if I open an existing archive ?
It still only shows the versions and not the by default configured 00000000 entry.
krasusczak

Post by *krasusczak »

Hi, thanks for the update but I have one huge suggestion, right now (I'm using 10' notebook) the configuration window is bigger than my display can handle (1024x600), I think that you shouldn't use more than 500 height, at 600 without menu bars I see only 540max.., can you move some options into 3th column?

p.s.
option 0000 is great, I can see all backups separately + whole update in one dir, even date are good, if I add the same file later in 0000 I have the first date for this file which is awesome:)

p.s2.
I'm a little confused about "Include deleted files" option, I have strange behaviour..
Unfortunately I don't remember which option I have use before in my archive but now when I turn this option I have one file in 0000 but the same file not exist in the backup folder with date..(I have just empty folder)

Probably I don't understand idea of this option.., or maybe this is just a bug?

p.s3.
Ok I have found one bug, I can select "Include deleted files" even if "Show the default archive view in extra dir" is not enabled - but you need to close zpaq configuration & open again with "Show the default archive view in extra dir" disabled..

p.s4.
Ok I have another strange behaviour.. when I turn on "Show the default archive view in extra dir" option & add new files to archive this files shows only in 0000 folder, but not in the new directory of backup for ex. 2016-2-25 16-19, from now on I don't see any new folders..
milo1012
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *milo1012 »

Horst.Epp wrote:Enabling the added optional normal archive view doesn't do anything for me if I open an existing archive ?
It still only shows the versions and not the by default configured 00000000 entry.
It works for me, no matter if in any new plug-in installation or an updated one.
I guess it's again that TC archive cache.
So either briefly open another archive, or restart TC.
If it still doesn't work, try another ZPAQ archive, or create a new test archive.
If the test archive works, then it must be your original archive file that isn't compatible, I doubt that this is the case, though.
(and I couldn't explain it programmwing-wise then, but you could send me such an archive so I can test it)

krasusczak wrote:... the configuration window is bigger than my display can handle (1024x600)...
I never thought that people actually use sth. smaller than 1024*768 or 1280*720,
but sure, I can overhaul the dialog.

krasusczak wrote:...when I turn this option I have one file in 0000 but the same file not exist in the backup folder with date..(I have just empty folder)
Well, all files "move" to that special dir (0000 dir), so you won't see the same file twice in the archive.
I explained it in the readme and the changelog:
changelog wrote:-> will "move" all relevant files (incl. path) out of the version sub-dirs into that extra dir
Reason: it's not really possible to show or extract the same file to two different locations without major program changes.
So the current option is a compromise.

krasusczak wrote:Ok I have found one bug, I can select "Include deleted files" even if "Show the default archive view in extra dir" is not enabled - but you need to close zpaq configuration & open again with "Show the default archive view in extra dir" disabled..
Ah! I missed that. Thx for testing.
More a cosmetic bug, as it is documented that the option will only work with the above option.
I will fix it for the next version.

krasusczak wrote:Ok I have another strange behaviour.. when I turn on "Show the default archive view in extra dir" option & add new files to archive this files shows only in 0000 folder, but not in the new directory of backup for ex. 2016-2-25 16-19, from now on I don't see any new folders..
Same reason as above: All files move to that special dir, as I can't have the same entry twice.
changelog wrote:--> will "remove" the latest version dir, as all files found in there represent the latest state anyway
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

Even with a newly created test archive
it never displays the default entry for me.
The option is set and a name for the default view configured.
TC restarted several times and options checked after each.

Windows 10 x64
TC 8.52a x64

The ini file entry:
; TOTAL COMMANDER packer plugin common INI file
[ZPAQ]
ShowAllVersions=1
ForceAddIdenticalFiles=0
StoreDriveLetters=0
MemoryWarning=1
SetDirDates=1
MaskDriveLetters=1
RememberPassword=0
ShowVersionsAsDate=0
Threads=2
CompressionLevel=1
StoreAds=0
ExtractAds=0
Color1=255
Color2=16711680
MultiPartDigits=0
MaskEmptyVersions=0
KeepDeletedFiles=0
RollbackSupport=0
BackgroundOpWarning=1
ShowArchiveDefaultView=1
DefaultViewIncludeDeleted=0
DefaultViewDirName=All
krasusczak

Post by *krasusczak »

Can you add %filename or %fn variable to extra dir name?
for ex. testfile.zpaq will be "0 testfile" name for extra dir - (0 %fn)
milo1012
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *milo1012 »

Horst.Epp wrote:Even with a newly created test archive
Ah, it seems that I forgot to document that you have to enable the 'Show archive version names as detailed timestamp' in order to work.
And that option shouldn't be selectable without that, of course.
It was originally planned to work without it, but I decided to skip it for now, due to major code changes.
I will release a bugfix version soon.
I'm not sure if I can get it to work without that option until that.

krasusczak wrote:Can you add %filename or %fn variable to extra dir name?
Good idea!
I will see what I can do.
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

milo1012 wrote:
Horst.Epp wrote:Even with a newly created test archive
Ah, it seems that I forgot to document that you have to enable the 'Show archive version names as detailed timestamp' in order to work.
And that option shouldn't be selectable without that, of course.
It was originally planned to work without it, but I decided to skip it for now, due to major code changes.
I will release a bugfix version soon.
I'm not sure if I can get it to work without that option until that.

krasusczak wrote:Can you add %filename or %fn variable to extra dir name?
Good idea!
I will see what I can do.
Thanks, with that option added it works now as expected :D
Now there is no longer the need to change the options just to restore the complete part of a tree.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2milo1012

Danish translation for version 1.3 can now be downloaded at: http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/wcx_zpaq_13_danish.zip

It seems that the function "Show the default archive view in extra dir" only works if the function "Show archive version names as detailed timestamp" is ALSO enabled - is that intentional?
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
milo1012
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *milo1012 »

petermad wrote:Danish translation for version 1.3 can now be downloaded
Many thanks!
petermad wrote:It seems that the function "Show the default archive view in extra dir" only works if the function "Show archive version names as detailed timestamp" is ALSO enabled - is that intentional?
Yes, I already explained above that I enabled this combination "prematurely".
The next update will fix that. I'll probably have it ready in a few days.
(maybe I can also implement Zpaq 7.06 for that, which is currently in a beta phase)
krasusczak

Post by *krasusczak »

New version sounds interesting, but is this beta is safe enough to implement?
milo1012
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *milo1012 »

krasusczak wrote:New version sounds interesting, but is this beta is safe enough to implement?
I wouldn't implement the beta of course.
But maybe the final version will be released in the next days.