Suggestion for FTP

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Shanny

Suggestion for FTP

Post by *Shanny »

If TC find a same name file during FTP downloading, it pop a msgbox with these command buttons:
overwrite, all overwrite, skip
cancel, all skip, rename
resume

Can Mr. ghisler add "all resume" button, or resume only if the old file smaller than downloading file. it's very useful
TCEE, TCPP, F4Menu -- Shanny
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Yes, I'm considering this for a future version - although it would just skip files where the size is identical. The problem is with some proxies which report the size only in kbytes or Mbytes, where it isn't possible to determine whether the download was complete or not - TC would then have to re-download the last few k of EVERY file...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Shanny

Post by *Shanny »

Another suggestion:
When TC copy&move files/dirs between hard disks, it will unselect the file/dir while complete this one, and it show two progress bars, can ftp download/upload deal with it like this?
And, :)
Sometimes I copy files between local HD and remote HD, you know, the rate isn't high, so I want to see current transmit rate and remain time such as ftp download/upload does.
thanks
p.s.
I have many drives, a:,c:,d:,...,m:,n:, and I use two drive button bars, but it can't show these buttons in one row by using 1024*768 display resolution, how about add an option to adjust the width of buttons? :)
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

I want to see current transmit rate and remain time such as ftp download/upload does.

Christian once said this would be very easy to add but too incorrect to rely on because of buffering etc.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Shanny

Post by *Shanny »

Hacker wrote: Christian once said this would be very easy to add but too incorrect to rely on because of buffering etc.
or can show the average rate of last several seconds....
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

Shanny wrote:how about add an option to adjust the width of buttons?
Button Bar Configuration --> the most top-right box "Size".
Shanny

Post by *Shanny »

Valentino wrote:Button Bar Configuration --> the most top-right box "Size".
It's for button bar, not drive button bar, maybe...
seb

Post by *seb »

... where it isn't possible to determine whether the download was complete or not - TC would then have to re-download the last few k of EVERY file...
wouldnt "REST BLAH" sent to the server bring up an error on trying to resume on a already complete file?

BTW:
what about a value to define a standard rollback on resumes/appends

seb