Favorites button?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Kram

Favorites button?

Post by *Kram »

Greetings,

Just purchased Total Commander after using PowerDesk for years, I'm trying to figure out how to create a "favorites" drop down folder on the button bar. I can create a favorites folder, but it just opens another window. I've read about it being with 6.03a, which I have, but can't find the drop down favorites, unless I inadvertantly deleted it?

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Mark
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

Total Commander does not support drop-down selections on the button bar. If you create a sub-bar you will get your entries along your button bar but not as a drop-down menu. Luckily you can use the following add-on to do what you are asking (if that's what you are asking):

http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/TCmenu.html

PS: Is there any chance you are talking about the Directory Hotlist feature and I'm mistaken your question?
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Kram

Post by *Kram »

Thanks for the reply, I downloaded TCMenu 1.9, and read the instructions, and it is way over my head:

Fill the parameters field:
Path to any Buttonbar file (.bar) to be used as menu configuration.
List of parameters to be passed on execution of menu items. Each parameter is defined as
-x <string> , where
"x" (any letter) specifies the corresponding TC parameter in buttonbar file (%x) which will be substituted with <string>. Usually <string> contains one of TC parameters(%p, %n, %l etc.)

If I can't drag and drop it just won't happen. Still love the program because it is so fast on startup. Thanks for trying to help though.

Mark