MultiArc - archiver plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

Peter wrote:but it seems that "wikisend" has a timelimit of 90 days for the uploaded files?
Yes, that was the bitter pill included with the cure. I checked several other file hosts. Most of them required registration first, or would not allow users to download without a captcha, or only provide cloud services without sharing.

I will refresh the download links on request when they are expired, if I do not come up with a better solution until then. I'm always open for suggestions.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

2deus-ex
You could try http://ge.tt

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

Dalai

Awesome, thank you. GE.TT seems to be a decent file sharing service provider. No registration required, no download captcha, and no expiry rules appear to apply. I just uploaded the files there and updated the download links accordingly.

Well, let's hope that settles it for a while, quite a lot of time and effort was put into this during the day. My gratitude to everyone who contributed to solve the issue, you Guys rock! :D
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

Dalai wrote:2deus-ex
You could try http://ge.tt

Regards
Dalai

ge.tt
file sharing is banned from many "corporate web filter" standard github, GDrive, OneDrive, Yandex, .... are allowed and should probably be a best option specially github if you want to synchronize your effort with MVV
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Finally I've put my MultiArc build on totalcmd.net:

MultiArc MVV Build 1.4.1.115

deus-ex,
It would be nice if you could add this link to first post. :)
Also you can add links to your translations (usually first posts may be edited by topic creators at any time).
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

First post has been updated with links to the current releases accordingly.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Thank you!
Garfield22

Post by *Garfield22 »

I am trying to extract an achive. What is variable name for output (destination) folder ?

ExtractWithPath=%PQA -xvf %Aq -R ???
??? - should be destination, where to extract.

I cannot find a hint in MultiArc+(English).chm manaul.
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

Garfield22 wrote:I am trying to extract an achive. What is variable name for output (destination) folder ?

ExtractWithPath=%PQA -xvf %Aq -R ???
??? - should be destination, where to extract.

I cannot find a hint in MultiArc+(English).chm manaul.
NSIS Entry for example:
ExtractWithPath=%P x -y %AAQ @%LQ
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

Garfield22 wrote:What is variable name for output (destination) folder ?
MultiArc is designed to function as a packer plugin from within Total Commander only, not as standalone application. Thus the destination path is automatically derived from Total Commander's passive panel.

However you can alter the destination path in Total Commander's unpack dialogue that appears right before the actual unpacking process is run. You may even specify a non-exisiting subfolder structure (e.g. C:\temp\1\2\3) that will be created upon unpack execution.
reg2s

Post by *reg2s »

Why before "Add" command "List" command is executed twice even when panel view is not inside archive. This slows execution down on archives with many (100k+) files.

Is it possible to disable this behavior without breaking plugin work?
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Well, it seems that MultiArc lists archive every time it creates its CArchiverEngine object. First opening is because TC calls OpenArchive (TC lists archive files before adding files to it even if archive is not opened in a panel - perhaps in order to confirm overwriting), and second one is because MultiArc itself creates CArchiverEngine object for executing pack command.

As I see, listing before calling pack command is not needed at all (MultiArc doesn't use filelist in this case), I'll try to remove it. But I'll also try to remove listing on opening and make MultiArc listing archive on first ReadHeader.

Added after 2 hours 40 minutes:

I've fixed this problem, please test if all work OK.

MultiArc MVV Build 1.4.2.134:
* now MultiArc lists files only when necessary, not on every archive opening
* better handling of invalid dates (reporting four-digit years < 1980 as 1980 and not as 20xx)
reg2s

Post by *reg2s »

That would be great, thank You in advance.

Also is it possible not to pass to external program files inside directory? This would be opposite of "SkipDirsInFileList". If there are many files, then file list quickly grows to 10-20 Mbytes and parsing of this list can become slow, though for most acrhiving programs it is enough to pass only top-level directory without its content.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I don't think it is a good idea. It will take much time to simplify filelist because TC passes it as a list of files and MultiArc will have to check if it contains all files from specific directory in order to replace list of files from that directory with just its path.
Last edited by MVV on 2016-06-04, 16:54 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
reg2s

Post by *reg2s »

Ok, I understood.

Thank You very much for above fix! Works as it should.