FTP to FTP feature wish!

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

FTP to FTP feature wish!

Post by *pdavit »

Can we see in the future Christian support of file managing tasks (mainly coping) between two individual FTP sessions? That is a simultaneous downloading and uploading of a given file. If I’m not mistaken the Frigate file manager can do that (since v3.24, currently the latest).

With TC I have to firstly get a file from an FTP server and then upload it to my FTP server as a two stage process. If I have both sessions running on each file panel I just cannot copy a file between the two FTP servers.

Local <-> FTP = possible
Local <-> Local = possible
Local <-> Remote = possible
Remote <-> Remote = possible
Remote <-> FTP = possible (I think; haven’t test it before)
FTP <-> FTP = not working

* Remote = Non FTP, e.g. a LAN net drive
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Clo

In the Help---

Post by *Clo »

2pdavit
:) Hi Panos !
• Normally, TC might support that handling; the most time, that doesn't work because the FTP servers don't.

Code: Select all

From the Help : "The FTP client not only allows uploading and downloading files, but also supports the direct transfer of files from one remote server to another (if supported by the servers themselves!) "
* I don't see what is different between "remote/remote" and "FTP/FTP" from the Help, it seems.
¤ The FTP servers supporting direct transfers are as so rare as golden coins in my pocket (info from a friend, expert at large networks...)

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Maxwish

Post by *Maxwish »

Search the Help or Forum for FXP and you will find TC supports this. But just as Clo says: Both servers must support it too!
...BRB...
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

Thanks guys!

I did some testings to verify the above. You are right, FTP to FTP support is server mode related and not TC related. Even the inability is denoted with a server related error message which I’ve read too fast before posting my initial request. My bad! :( :oops:
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!