[WFX] VirtualPanel: Temporary panel for TC

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Well, second positional argument of <export command is a folder, not file. So in your case file path is interpreted as folder path and nothing is found.
And, you have to use braces if you want to filter name with spaces. So this command should work:

Code: Select all

<export -f "C:\temp\export.vps" \ {">Export Test"}
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

MVV wrote:Well, second positional argument of <export command is a folder, not file. So in your case file path is interpreted as folder path and nothing is found.
And, you have to use braces if you want to filter name with spaces. So this command should work:

<export -f "C:\temp\export.vps" \ {">Export Test"}
Many thanks....
I've by mistake cut my VpFolder without replacing it.
It is working like a charm...

<export -f "C:\temp\export.vps" . {">Export Test"}
I was just thinking that the curly brackets are useful only to support multiple masks.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I was just thinking that the curly brackets are useful only to support multiple masks.
Well, curly braces work as quote replacement, especially when you have to keep quotes in argument like in this case.
thomasw

Post by *thomasw »

Hi all,

when I add a file to '\\\VirtualPanel\' renaming this file in the virtual panel does not work because the real file is not renamed!

What I am doing wrong?

Thanks!
Thomas
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

thomasw wrote:Hi all,

when I add a file to '\\\VirtualPanel\' renaming this file in the virtual panel does not work because the real file is not renamed!

What I am doing wrong?

Thanks!
Thomas
This is the correct behavior, you just rename "the link" you did on virtual panel without touching original file.
For single operation, you can click on properties and rename it from the property dialog.
For batch renaming, this will need some scripting with VP.
thomasw

Post by *thomasw »

Hi nsp,

merci for your quick response!

I forgot to explain in detail:
I did not rename the file while copying it to the virtual panel. I did rename it using the properties dialog of the right mouse button.

My expectation is/was that the original file is also renamed when the file is renamed in the virtual panel using this dialog. But it looks like this is not implemented.

Best regards
Thomas
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

VP holds links to files by default, and can also hold links to folders (these have usual folder icon w/o red border) that reflect physical folder contents and allows to modify it directly.

When you open "file" (which is a file link actually) properties from VP, original Windows properties dialog is opened, and you rename the physical file, so the link becomes incorrect because it holds old file name.

When you rename "file" in VP within TC, usually only the link is being renamed, as nsp said (however if you rename file in a physical folder link, it is renamed together with the physical file).

You can use the sample bar file for renaming physical file, it has "V*P Rename object with target..." command for this task.
thomasw

Post by *thomasw »

THANKS!
I think you mean the sample bar on page 1 of this thread?
I will try to test it
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Yes, I talk about that sample BAR from first post, it contain some useful examples of calling VP functions from buttonbar.
thomasw

Post by *thomasw »

Hello MVV,

button bar and panel works fine so far...

But is it possible to use Virtual Panel togehter with different TC configurations in parallel? Having different content of the panel in each TC configuration?

THANKS!
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

If your configurations use different wincmd.ini and fsplugin.ini files, it should already work so.

If your different TC configurations use the same wincmd.ini and installation folder, you can install VP multiple times, just make some copies of VirtualPanel.wfx* and create an empty VirtualPanel.ini file for each of them. Then open different VP instances in different TC instances. You can also use envvars in path to VP state file (but you will need to have an envvar with different values in different TC instances).
thomasw

Post by *thomasw »

After using different fsplugin.ini files it works now!

THANKS!

:D
ruizone

Post by *ruizone »

i can't drag files from VP to external applications(Windows taskbar) Win7 &win10 doesn't work。 but
drop vpfile to The program on the TC internal toolbar workwell, is this a bug?
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

TC doesn't support dragging files from file system plugins to external applications, it is a limitation of TC. You can use Virtual Explorer for that task - just open it with <explore command in VP.
ruizone

Post by *ruizone »

MVV wrote:TC doesn't support dragging files from file system plugins to external applications, it is a limitation of TC. You can use Virtual Explorer for that task - just open it with <explore command in VP.
Exactly how it works, I don't quite understand the process,“<explore” Where to input? Can i make a button? I like the workflow of this plug-in very much!and I don't understand the code!