SQLite lister plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

samoht

@ lev

Post by *samoht »

Fehler
Diese Datei ist weder einem Premiumaccount, noch einem Collector's Account zugeordnet und kann deshalb insgesamt nur 10 mal heruntergeladen werden.

Dieses Limit ist erreicht.

Um diese Datei herunterladen zu können, muss der Anbieter entweder die Datei in seinen Collector's Account verschieben, oder die Datei erneut raufladen. Die Datei kann nachträglich in ein Collector's Account verschoben werden. Der Anbieter muss nur auf den Löschlink der Datei klicken, um mehr Informationen zu erhalten.
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

2Lev
Anytime I try to load db file I've got a message:

Code: Select all

---------------------------
Error
Unable to open this table! Locked?
OK   
After that, there is 50% chance that file will be displayed in lister.

Column's sizes are not remembered. They should be: either separately for each table (and DB file) or globally. Autosize feature could be great too.
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

Lev

Post by *Lev »

fenix productions Sorry, several posts before I said that I'm not the author of a plugin, I just compiled it.
samoht Didn't thought that there will be more then 10 men wanting to get this plugin. Reloaded to sendspace, hope it will work better.
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

2Lev
OK. I just assumed that you've changed your mind after reading about fixing detection string or embedding DLL :)
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

Lev wrote:The new version of the same plugin - http://rapidshare.com/files/199194020/wLx_SQLLite.rar.html.
Compiled with sqlite3.dll embedded in it, no need to have it in the PATH, but the size of a plugin became larger.
Supports passing of 1-7, Esc, etc.
Better work in QuickView mode (Ctrl+Q)
I don't remember whether I corrected the detect string in the plugin itself, if plugin reacts on thumbs.db etc., set the detect string to - "EXT="DB" & [0]="S" & [1]="Q" & [2]="L""
Hi,

I've tested the plugin but it seems that output is not updated if the result is empty !

Select should also be quoted i.e select * from "TableName" in order to support Name with special character like % \ ..

it could also be fine to have a query popup to avoid touble with "2" "3" "4" key in lister mode.
besieger

Post by *besieger »

Lev wrote:samoht Didn't thought that there will be more then 10 men wanting to get this plugin. Reloaded to sendspace, hope it will work better.

Sorry, the file you requested is not available.

Could you please re-upload, maybe to megaupload since i need that plugin as well.
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

MK2k

Post by *MK2k »

is there a chance for a 64bit version of the plugin that fenix_productions posted?
SkipR

Another viewer

Post by *SkipR »

Read this old thread as I was looking for a SQLite viewer

I went with http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/sqliteviewer.html and tested ok. I changed the detect string to check any file extension for "SQL" ([0]="S" & [1]="Q" & [2]="L") in first 3 bytes as I have some software that uses a non-standard file extensions.

7=%COMMANDER_PATH%\plugins\wlx\SQLiteViewer\SQLiteViewer.wlx
7_detect="MULTIMEDIA & ext="DB" | ext="DB3" | ext="SQLITE" | ext="SQLITE3" | ext="FOSSIL" | [0]="S" & [1]="Q" & [2]="L""
Skip
nn1k3

Re: Another viewer

Post by *nn1k3 »

SkipR wrote:Read this old thread as I was looking for a SQLite viewer
I went with http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/sqliteviewer.html and tested ok.
Thanks - now I can see the data. I can also copy one row to clipboard.
QUESTION: How can I copy all the rows to clipboard? (I can only select one row)
I-Vladimir

Re: SQLite lister plugin

Post by *I-Vladimir »

Installed the latest 2.7 beta on 9.22a x64
Doesn't work. F3, Shift-F3, Alt-F3 open db file in lister. Tried files with extension db with both WAL and DELETE journal modes.
ICLView plugin works.
====
[ListerPlugins]
0=c:\Program Files\Totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\ICLView\ICLView.wlx
0_detect="MULTIMEDIA & (ext="DLL" | ext="EXE" | ext="ICL" | ext="ICL32" | ext="ICO" | size=0 | force)"
1=c:\Program Files\Totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\SQLiteViewer\SQLiteViewer.wlx
1_detect="MULTIMEDIA & ext="DB" | ext="DB3" | ext="SQLITE" | ext="SQLITE3" | ext="FOSSIL""
[ListerPlugins64]
$checksum$=2013947858
0=1
1=1
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

I-Vladimir wrote: 2020-01-12, 15:23 UTC Tried files with extension db
Are you sure your files are in sqlite format?
Extension db is a generic database file extension. Some files are really in sqlite3 format (they have "SQLite format 3" header visible in Lister), some other are NOT. Some programs use db extension to hide real database format, some use their own format.
See examples:
  • If you use Firefox, Thunderbird or any Gecko-based software, you can test some *.sqlite files in the program user profile. Works for me. On the other side, *.db files in Firefox folder aren't open by sqliteviewer in any version.
  • Thumbs.db, iconcache*db, thumbcache*.db (system icon/thumbnail databases) aren't in sqlite format. There are other system *.db files which can use other formats dependent on service generating them.
  • Libre/Open Office in its help uses db files in almost text format.
  • Skype uses db files in sqlite3 format.
  • Calibre keeps its ebook library metadata.db in sqlite format. Sqliteviewer may report some "no such function" errors for this base, for example

SQLite3 Error
    SQLite3 Error 1 - no such function: books_list_filter
    OK
  • Spotify creates large database in sqlite format with binary data (partially encrypted text). Sqliteviewer may sometimes crash on such files. Unfortunately, I can't reproduce the crash now.
Andrzej P. Wozniak
Polish subforum moderator
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

I-Vladimir wrote: 2020-01-12, 15:23 UTC Installed the latest 2.7 beta on 9.22a x64
Doesn't work. F3, Shift-F3, Alt-F3 open db file in lister. Tried files with extension db with both WAL and DELETE journal modes.
Try to downgrade to SQLiteViewer 2.6 - beta 2.7 is known for not opening some files supported by previous plugin versions.
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
I-Vladimir

Post by *I-Vladimir »

Thanks, 2.6 works with both journal modes.
My sqlite.dll version 3.26.00
LeoLUG

Post by *LeoLUG »

Is it possible with this plugin, SQLitelister, to edit the DB3 file in TC view?
Or maybe, there is available any other plugin (64) to do that?