Feature request

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]On 15-06-2004 21:21:54 +0000 jb wrote:

j> What prevents you from updating your title?

The problem is most of this forum users (including wanderer, as you can see) do not have an idea that they can modify or even delete their posts - well, strange, but this simple idea just pass by their minds somehow...[/face]
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

icfu,
To me 10% programming time means that he can't manage it anymore, what else could be a clear signal?
Well, it's been like this for quite some time - Christian has often mentioned it.
I thought that a developer spends his time with making his product better, not with discussing about how to make it better if he only had the time to do so.
Well (again), Christian is not only the developer.
If someone has a problem with TC he should directly write an email then, right? Why wasting time with us "normal" users in the forum then?
A user can do any of these.
How much time you think would be left if he would have to do all the support in the forum, too?
I think Black Dog would say something like, "It's irrelevant what I (we) think."
To me it's rather disappointing to read that the author has only the time to implement the "most wished" features.
Yes, it's disappointing, but this being a fact of life (for a long time already) I guess we have to live with that, at least for now.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

You sound rather fatalistic, nice. ;)

Well, in contrary to "guess we have to live with that" I am searching for FM alternatives in active development. I don't have the time to wait till the author decides to wake up and finally employ a student with TC knowledge to disburden him.
The portions of TC regarding my file managing tasks are continously dropping because the alternatives are getting better and better.

Still hoping for better times, though. :)

Icfu
Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]On 16-06-2004 14:05:05 +0000 Hacker wrote:

H> I think Black Dog would say something like, "It's
H> irrelevant what I (we) think."

Yep, absolutely irrelevant...

H> Yes, it's disappointing, but this being a fact of life (for
H> a long time already) I guess we have to live with that, at
H> least for now.

Well, Jedi, about facts of life - that reminds me good old Soviet anecdote.

The times of Andropov's antialcohol company in USSR. Figures from Party Regional Committee visit some factory, walk through one of it's shop looking how people work. They stop near one turner being delighted with his skills and one of Party men ask him would he work the same way after a glass of vodka. Turner answered "Of course I would". Party man, surprised with such an answer, ask him about two glasses and get the same one. "And what about the whole bottle?!", he asks in astonishment. "Can't you see - I do now!", turned answered.[/face]
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

Black Dog wrote:[face=courier]On 15-06-2004 21:21:54 +0000 jb wrote:

j> What prevents you from updating your title?

The problem is most of this forum users (including wanderer, as you can see) do not have an idea that they can modify or even delete their posts - well, strange, but this simple idea just pass by their minds somehow...[/face]
I'm usually against changing the title of a thread especially after a certain number of posts. For some (usually new) users something like New Title (was: Old Title) might be confusing. Also, given that the subject of the discussion in this thread has changed, it seems pointless now...
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
eugensyl
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Small notes---

Post by *eugensyl »

Clo wrote:2pdavit
:) Hi Panos !
• It was with a note of irony, of course… :D
- Isn't my usual state of mind. If you want to be convinced of this, please have just a look here

2eugensyl

:) Hi Eugen,
• The "Gray" key-pack is also called "Numeric", this is less confusing...

:mrgreen: Kind regards to all,
Claude
Clo
2CLO

CLO is not a CLONE of TC, I think! :lol:

Yes, you have always right!

Gray can be sometime Num. The confusion is comming from olds keyboads, when all importants keys was gray. Even some of "Numeric" keys was gray. Not all.
Thanks! It's fine to be accurate.
My Best Wishes,

Eugen
eugensyl
Power Member
Power Member

Re: search improvements

Post by *eugensyl »

_Alex_ wrote:I just had a problem while trying to search file with an attribute "owner" on NTFS. For now it's impossible.
Interesting!
Maybe can be cool 4 administrators to manage the privileges (rights and restrictions) NTFS (like attributes) from TC.
Future will be bright!
:D

Best wish,
My Best Wishes,

Eugen