Joined: 04 Feb 2003
|Posted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:09 am Post subject: Total Commander 9.20 beta 4 available
|Total Commander 9.20 beta 4 is available now!
You can download it from www.ghisler.com
This is a public pre-release version! Please be careful!
Please report bugs here in the TC 9.20 beta bug report forum, ONE BUG PER MESSAGE!
The following was changed in beta 4:
- New hotkey Shift+F7 to create directory in target panel, using the name under the cursor from the source panel as the default
- Secure FTP connection: With the provided prefix it's now possible to choose between explicit SSL (ftpes://server) and implicit SSL (ftpis://server). With the former method, an unecrypted connection is established first, which is then changed to encrypted with AUTH TLS. The latter is encrypted from the start.
There are also some new functions since beta 1:
- Button bar, command line: support shell GUIDs, e.g. to go to Explorer's recent dirs, use
- Files - change attributes: Button to load attributes from file under cursor in target panel
- Icon from internal association takes precedence over internal packer icon (e.g. for *.rar)
- wincmd.ini [Configuration] IgnoreDirErrors=1 allows to switch to inaccessible or non-existent directories, shows <Read error!> in file list instead
- Button bar: Button size and small icon size can now be set separately for each screen scale (dpi)
- FTP client: Support for client certificates for ftps (ftp over ssl/tls) from Windows certificate store. Only works with schannel library on Vista or newer, not openssl
A list of all corrections, also for previous versions, can be found in the history file.
As usual, the update is free for all registered users.
Author of Total Commander