Shift+F2 for directories

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

commodore

Shift+F2 for directories

Post by *commodore »

I often use the Shift+F2 shortcut to quickly compare the list of what's in each of the two panels. Is there any way to make it also "consider" directories when comparing both panels? Right now, only files are considered, and if one side has different directories, it won't mark them (or say they're identical if all files are the same).
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Maybe you may use Sync tool? If you disable comparing by contents and ignoring dates, you get same as Shift+F2 but recursive.
commodore

Post by *commodore »

I do use Sync tool, but for other purposes. Just because of the Sh+F2 convenience (i.e. for sometimes when you really just have to quickly check the differences in two folders, not subfolders) I thought it would be nice if it were checking directories as well. Is this a Windows system limitation?
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

TC compares only files using Shift+F2. It is impossible to compare dirs w/o recursive scanning.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

commodore,
cm_CompareDirsWithSubdirs. Assign to a hotkey, button, alias, or run from the command line.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
commodore

Post by *commodore »

Thanks, that's it! :)
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

commodore, keep in mind that cm_CompareDirsWithSubdirs doesn't check contents of dirs, only their presence in upper folders.
commodore

Post by *commodore »

I know, that's what I was looking for, as a Shift+F2 "replacement". Comparing "items" that can be seen on the left and right (as Shift+F2 was only checking files), not the contents of subdirectories.
marlar

Post by *marlar »

Hacker wrote:commodore,
cm_CompareDirsWithSubdirs. Assign to a hotkey, button, alias, or run from the command line.

HTH
Roman
Thanks, exactly what I was looking for.

Very useful together with cm_ShowOnlySelected
Yuta

Post by *Yuta »

Thanks. Life-saving.
Hacker wrote:commodore,

HTH
Roman