Oreo on Android TV - Weird behaviour

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Yuccaman

Oreo on Android TV - Weird behaviour

Post by *Yuccaman »

I use TC on all my Android devices and one of those is the Nvidia Shield TV.

This got its update to Oreo recently and TC is one app that shows some rather strange behaviour....

1 - The button row did not respond, but I found the lastest beta (2.91b3) and that was sorted.

2 - When using a mouse and scrolling through the contents of a directory, although the "selection" shading moves, it does not precisely follow the mouse.

If you then single click a file to launch an action, the lister moves back to wherever the selection shader was before you started moving the mouse.

I can select a file by clicking it's icon using the mouse, although again after clicking, the lister jumps to the position of the selection shader.

3 - Within the text Editor, any highlighting of text automatically cuts it and pastes it to the top of the file being edited.

All of these are new since I updated to Oreo so are entirely routed in the changes made by Google, but if anything can be done within TC to address these, it would be excellent.

For info, I also have the File Manager XPlore installed. This does not exhibit the same behavious when scrolling using the mouse, but DOES exactly the same thing in it's own test editor.

I also have Solid Explorer too (Yeah, I like to be preapred) but this won't even load on Oreo for me !!!!

many thanks,
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

2 do you use the mouse wheel? I can reproduce this with Android phones too, it's a bug in the List control. I could not find a workaround.

3 how do you highlight text?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Yuccaman

Post by *Yuccaman »

Apologies for the delay - Real Life caught up with me this week....

2 - Yes, scrolling with a mouse wheel.

3 - Same as you would on a PC. Hold the left mouse button down and drag it over. As soon as I let go of the button, the text is cut and pasted at the top of the file.