How to move files downloaded in Work Profile ? HELP !

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Fork&Knife

How to move files downloaded in Work Profile ? HELP !

Post by *Fork&Knife »

I can't move files from Work Profile. I can do things within this partition but not move or copy files out of it. Why ? Then I used system file manager but it doesn't even recognize the downloaded files. Why ? Are they copyrighted files ? I don't understand.

How can I move files out of Work profile ?

Hope someone can help.

Regards,

Fork&Knife
    Stefan2
    Power Member
    Power Member

Re: How to move files downloaded in Work Profile ? HELP !

Post by *Stefan2 »

Me think you should ask the IT guy at your work, as he is responsible for the Work profile settings, no?

What did he said?

Fork&Knife

Re: How to move files downloaded in Work Profile ? HELP !

Post by *Fork&Knife »

My phone is not issued by my company therefore has no access to my phone. I purposely activated Work profile
    to hide apps. I also discovered that internet speeds are much faster when run in this partition. But I encountered the problem of how to extract files downloaded in this partition. I tried to change location of downloaded files to the main internal storage but it doesn't work. It will only store downloaded files in work partition. So how do I move files stored here to the main internal ?.

Is there another file manager that can do this ? Total seems to work in this directory but how can I move or copy the file outside Work ?

Also I know that Work directory is not part of system partition because you can see this clearly in its path in Total Comm. Also I can do all tasks I want within this directory BUT it won't let me move or copy outside this directory. There has to be a way to do this right ? It's not system.