Total7zip

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Akon

Re: Total7zip

Post by *Akon »

Backing to my WIM-problem: I'm using Total7zip with external 7-Zip (installed) 64-bit. Packing to WIM-archive from TC with default options works fine, i.e. I only press Alt+F5, then choose radiobutton "o - > wim":..., and getting WIM-archive. Entering to WIM-archive also works fine. Good work from Total7zip!

Now I need to add NTFS permissions to archive. Is it conveniently possible somehow with Total7zip?

As far as I understand "Configure..." button from "Pack files" dialog (Alt+F5) calls addition configuration dialog of a packer. Am I right?

Concretely, Total7zip calls 7zG.exe there. However, changing parameters there leads to further errors in my case, for example, when I simply choose "wim" archive. How does Total7zip work with parameters here? What's logic?

Is it possible to configure Total7zip to always apply some parameters, i.e. always add NTFS permissions for WIM-archives?
Akon

Post by *Akon »

I found a workaround here in this topic:
You are right - volumes setting is not saved.
But this is how original 7-zip works.

You can use volumes - just use this trick:
1. press Alt+F5, "Pack Files" dialog will be displayed.
2. choose "7z" packer
3. check "Encrypt" - if this option is set, plugin will show you settings dialog before it will create archive.
4. do not enter password in this dialog, but set your volume size in this dialog and press OK.

In other words, you can always use "Encrypt" checkbox in Total Commander to tell plugin that you want to see options dialog and add some special option only for this new archive.
In my case instead of volumes settings I wanted WIM-archive settings. So, to call settings dialog and get result from it one must not use "Configure..." button, but "Encrypt" checkbox. Not so obvious, though:)
Akon

Post by *Akon »

After I have managed with packing to WIM-archive with NTFS permissions, I meet obstackle to unpack such archive properly, i.e. with restoring NTFS-permissions. Neither TC's convenient way "enter to archive and copy from" nor "Unpack files" dialog (Alt+F9) do it. This makes Total7zip not very useful for me, unfortunately.

Nevertheless, I'm keeping a hope and repeated - are there any ways to unpack WIM-archives with NTFS permission restoring with Total7zip plugin? Maybe some settings in Total7zip.xml? This action is trivial with 7-Zip shell context menu.
tc_fan_5598

Post by *tc_fan_5598 »

Hi,

Do you have any plan to update plugin to:
https:// sourceforge.net /p/sevenzip/ discussion/45797/ thread/24f079ab/?limit=25&page=1

It would include support for qcow2 if so.

BR
Arek
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

You can update 7-zip and its plugins on your own, see explanations in other topic: https://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=51931&p=351994#p351994
If you think that some changes are still needed in Total7zip itself, could you describe them here, please?
Andrzej P. Wozniak
Polish subforum moderator
dindog

Post by *dindog »

i want to pack a folder with excluded filename, say foo.exe. how do i suppose to add the parameter to tell total7zip do that? I tried add -x!foo.exe , it prompt an alert said its invalid input
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

Did you try to use flat view? Go to the folder, press ctrl+B , select all, unselect foo.exe (or *.exe if needed), then use Alt+F5.
It's the way TC works.
Andrzej P. Wozniak
iDolmatov

Post by *iDolmatov »

forum(dot)freecommander(dot)com viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6924
Latest version 19.0.0.0 (7-Zip 19.00 release version) based on plugin 0 .8. 5.6
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

There is no plugin update, just a repack with new 7-Zip DLL.
MaxX
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MaxX »

You can use total7zip.wcx with almost any 7zG.exe version, even the newest 19.02 beta. Just update 7z EXEs and DLLs manually.
Ukrainian Total Commander Translator. Feedback and discuss.
aviasd

tar update support

Post by *aviasd »

Hi

I noticed a few issues with the plugin and tar archives and wanted to confirm/ask for a workaround:

1. Dirs inside tar with leading / cannot be "entered" into. dirs without leading / are working fine - on the native TC tar support, both are working ok.

2. Updating a tar really messes up the file - it removes all files in the tar, and puts the files added instead - is updating supported ?

Code: Select all

7z u <archive> <file>
is working correctly so it's not a 7z bug.

3. Adding archives into the tar is even worse - it corrupts the file.

I would like to know if anyone encountered these issues and found a solution ?

Thanks
What will Total commander be like 10 years from now?
Tc 9.51 Final, #351732 Single, Win7x64
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

2aviasd
What 7-zip version do you use?
Andrzej P. Wozniak
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2. Updating a tar really messes up the file - it removes all files in the tar, and puts the files added instead - is updating supported ?
I have registered my Total7zip like this for tar files:
7zip_tar=735,%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\wcx\Total7zip\Total7zip.wcx

I can delete files from *.7zip_tar files, but I cannot add files - I get no errors when trying to add files, but they are not added. No messing up of the file though.

7-Zip version 19.00
7Zip plugin version: 0.7.6.6
Total7Zip plugin version: 0.8.5.6
Last edited by petermad on 2020-01-25, 02:35 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
aviasd

Post by *aviasd »

petermad
Are you sure it's a tar file ? how does the packer know to create tar from that extension ?
Anyway it does not solve the problem... although the difference may be the total7zip version...which one are you using ?
I've tried replacing the 7z files in the plugin folder to the most recent version but getting the same result...
aviasd

Post by *aviasd »

just saw in the documentation about 7zip_tar archive type...that solves the problem. but uncovers some bug in TC

To add a file to a tar you have to do the following:
1. Associate 7zip_tar with total7zip
2. Associate tar with total7zip
3. When you add a file via copy to archive you have to make sure to change to type 7zip_tar or else the internal packer will kick in and mess up the file.

if you don't perform step 2, when you add to a tar you cannot choose the 7zip_tar as the type.

It's important that you remember to perform 3. before pressing enter, because at least in my case TC9.5Rc1 32bit the packer messes the file if I don't change it.
It does not detect the file as 7zip_tar , just as regular tar and then internal packer kicks in if you forget to change the type.

There should be an plugin overide option like zip for tar archives (PluginOverrideZip=1 )

I hope Ghistler will take a look at this thread, if not I'll post a bug..
Last edited by aviasd on 2020-01-25, 02:41 UTC, edited 1 time in total.