Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

SkipR

Move SD card file to SMB not deleted original copy

Post by *SkipR »

I am using Android 5.0.1 (Samsung S4 );
current Beta version of total Commander
& current version of LAN plugin 3.06

When I move a file that is on the SD card to an SMB (not SMB2) shared folder the file is copied but the original on the SD card is not deleted.

Also the attribute flag on the file created in the shared folder is not set, so this causes problems with windows based incremental backup software which uses the attribute flag setting to detect changes and new files.
Skip
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Move SD card file to SMB not deleted original copy

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Currently this isn't supported - the plugin does not have the right to delete from the card, and deleting the file within TC after the upload is risky.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
SkipR

Post by *SkipR »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2019-01-09, 10:30 UTC Currently this isn't supported - the plugin does not have the right to delete from the card, and deleting the file within TC after the upload is risky.
what about attribute flag setting when copy/move to SMB share can it be set by LAN plugin?
Skip
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Which attribute do you mean? The "archive" attribute?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
SkipR

Post by *SkipR »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2019-01-15, 19:53 UTC Which attribute do you mean? The "archive" attribute?
To clarify copy a file to a Windows share open total Commander and from the file menu choose change attributes the archive attribute is not set for the newly created file.
Skip
SkipR

Post by *SkipR »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2019-01-09, 10:30 UTC Currently this isn't supported - the plugin does not have the right to delete from the card, and deleting the file within TC after the upload is risky.
To clarify "move" operation from internal storage the files do delete bit not on SD card FS.
Skip
SkipR

Post by *SkipR »

How does the move issue in TC Android behave for following would I get same problem?

Item 1:
Adding root accesd to the phone.

Item 2:
Using a newer release of AOS

Item 3:
There is zero chance Samsung will release an update to AOS 5.0.1 for my phone model. I have seen a distro called "Dirty Unicorn", AOS 8.x, that looks really good - just looking at youtube reviews. Most of my files would then be on the newer way AOS 8.x treats external SD card storage.

Item 4:
I have read about an app, link2sd - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buak.Link2SD, that makes SD card storage more usable as an installation folder (also related to SD card permission settings), which would suit me as my SD card never leaves the phone and many apps do not support the "move to SD card" app manager option. More app files would be able to use SD card. This app requires SD Card split into 2 primary partitions.

Item 5:
There is a hack change to mount settings on SD card (I will need to find article details again to elaborate on this).
Skip