include folders in the "Show all files in current dir and all subdirs" list ?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

asdfgh9

include folders in the "Show all files in current dir and all subdirs" list ?

Post by *asdfgh9 »

Is there a way or workaround for the "Show all files in current dir and all subdirs" function (cm_DirBranch, some seem to call it "Flat View", Ctrl+B by default i think) that would make it also display all the involved folders and not just files?

so then i could for example do a quick search right away and the dir names would be included in the search for instant access without having to go through regular lengthy search dialogs? That would insanely synergize with so many things one can already do with tc, i assume i just missed something obvious
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: include folders in the "Show all files in current dir and all subdirs" mode ?

Post by *petermad »

without having to go through regular lengthy search dialogs?
Alt+F7 -> Delete -> Enter -> Alt+L
it is not that lengthy, and you can skip Delete, if the "Search for" field is already blank. Alt+L assumes English locale.

Notice - All parameters in the "Find files" dialog except for "Search for" is reset at each new search.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Re: include folders in the "Show all files in current dir and all subdirs" list ?

Post by *Stefan2 »

2petermad

Please, what is "Alt+L" supposed to do?

See .."TC\e\KEYBOARD.TXT"

petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: include folders in the "Show all files in current dir and all subdirs" list ?

Post by *petermad »

Alt+F7 = Opens the "Find files" dialog
Delete = Deletes any entry in the "Search for" field
Enter = Start the search
Alt+L = "Feed to listbox" (Alt+W = "anwenden" in German) (Alt+P = "Kopier til listboks" in Danish) etc.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
asdfgh9

Post by *asdfgh9 »

to answer myself there is actually a plugin that does the flat view + folders https://totalcmd.net/plugring/branchviewex.html and i think it fully works with the default tc quicksearch but sadly doesnt work properly with quicksearch extended plugin which i was hoping for

there is no way i can use the suggested regular alt+f7 search dialog for this as these tasks need instant realtime interactive filtering of tens of thousands of files, but it might be possible to automate it with ahk so it would spamoperate the dialog in background as i type a string into a custom window as a ghetto workaround, ill give it a try at some point