New SFTP plugin available now

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New SFTP plugin available now

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The Windows setting never converts.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
lobsom

Re:

Post by *lobsom »

Mikefield wrote: 2008-08-14, 11:27 UTC When I want to connect with username and password, I get an error:
"Authentication by password failed!"
This is on a Linux Red Had Server.

mf
Maybe the port is not defaut. Try [URL_SERVER]:PORT
Bozzy

Post by *Bozzy »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2018-07-25, 06:33 UTC The Windows setting never converts.
I wasn't aware of that feature, so I've just tested on my connections and I don't get any conversion when copying text files from my linux box to my windows one, and my setting is Unix (LF). Shouldn't my LF become CR+FL then?
lobsom wrote: 2018-07-30, 19:04 UTC Maybe the port is not defaut. Try [URL_SERVER]:PORT
Wow! I hope Mikefield has found a solution in the meantime... 10 years :D
Mikefield
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Mikefield »

Bozzy wrote: 2018-08-09, 23:02 UTC Wow! I hope Mikefield has found a solution in the meantime... 10 years :D
Oh, that's me! Whats going on? :-)
I can't remember 10 years later, but I've no problems currently.
I'm using the plugin a lot of times with servers running solaris and rhel.
Mainly to copy rpm, ova and log files.
The only thing is, when you want delete a folder and the user has no permissions,
you get no error message and the folder isn't deleted.

But what is the problem you have?

mf
Bankster - Word of the Year 2009
Bozzy

Post by *Bozzy »

Mikefield wrote: 2018-08-10, 12:25 UTC Oh, that's me! Whats going on? :-)
Oh, I made a hilarious comment on a user trying to give an answer to a question you made 10 years ago :lol: You'll find it just above my reply.
But what is the problem you have?
Not a real problem for me, but I don't see any conversion from LF to CR+LF when transferring files from Linux to Windows and the plugin setting is Unix... As I have understood, with this setting it should convert LF <-> CR+LF when transferring text files Linux <-> Windows.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

A new version 2.20 is available now!

It can now transfer files >2GB also via SCP, if the server supports it. This feature was added by forum user "CoolWater". Thanks!
See first post for download links.
Nux

Synchronize dirs compare not working

Post by *Nux »

Synchronize dirs file comparison seem not to be working on one of servers I connect with. What does the plugin do when comparing files?

I assume it calculates a checksum. In the connection log I only see "Get sha1 checksum for: /some/path/index.html". But what command does it use exactly? Are there any more verbose logs I could check?

I'm asking because I keep getting a result that all files are different, but when I double click (compare a file) I get a message the files are the same.
Nux

Post by *Nux »

Nevermind I forgot there are sources for this plugin. So it seems a hosting company I'm on is using some fake root for "SSH". So what appears to be a root directory for SFTP is actually "~/". And so checksum fails. In that scenario this doesn't work:
`sha1sum /some/path/index.html`
But that would work:
`sha1sum ~/some/path/index.html`
Stupid host :-(

So I guess fake root directories are not supported right?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

1. How should the plugin detect fake root directories?
2. Could you try to access the home directory via absolute path? For this, change the "Connect with" location to:
www.yourservername.com:port\home\yourusername
yyang

Post by *yyang »

I love the SFTP plugin, but it's a little picky about file names, refusing to transfer files using single quotes (e.g. O'Reilly.C++.Today.pdf). Certain CJK named files could be rejected too, but I fail to find a pattern.

Although FileZilla handles various file names well, I still much prefer Total Commander's flexibility. Could you take a look at this issue, please?

Update: Just found this could be solved by disabling "Use SCP for data transfers". But may we have SCP?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's odd, I don't have any problems uploading and downloading files with an accent ' in the name. I have tried with ghisler.com (CentOS) and a Raspberry PI as servers. Maybe your server cannot handle them?
yyang

Post by *yyang »

Tested again and yes it's the server's fault. Thanks a lot!
kfft

Post by *kfft »

[ISSUE]
When I try to connect using pub / private key, everything looks fine on the server side:

Code: Select all

Jan 27 10:25:03 sshd[16313]: Connection from x.x.x.x port 50780 on 192.168.1.100 port 22
Jan 27 10:25:03 sshd[16313]: Accepted key RSA SHA256:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx found at /home/yoyo/.ssh/authorized_keys:9
Jan 27 10:25:03 sshd[16313]: Postponed publickey for yoyo from x.x.x.x port 50780 ssh2 [preauth]
but on the client side, TC says

Code: Select all

Error: Authentication by client certificate failed!
I have seen similar issues from other users here and in some other threads but with no conclusion.
In the config of this TC plugin I provide a .pub and .pem file in openssh format, because it is accepted by the server and I have a confirmation for new key by the plugin it seems the keys are fine.

Other tests I have done which confirm my keys and server work fine:
  • I can connect by switching on the option 'Use PuTTY agent' in the TC plugin
  • I also can SSH connect with the same key in Powershell with the shh command.
[SOLUTION]
I imported my (OpenSSH) key into PuTTY and re-extracted the key from PuTTY into OpenSSH format and now it works. Now the private key starts with '---BEGIN OPENSSH ...' instead of '---BEGIN RSA...'. It took me several hours to find this and I still don't understand what the plugin or libssh2 did not like about the original OpenSSH keys, that was tricky!
Last edited by kfft on 2019-01-28, 21:28 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Unused

Post by *Unused »

Is there some way to display username and group of file/directory owner? And (if that's not to complicated) a option, to change username/group for a file/directory/node?
kfft

Post by *kfft »

Where do we stand on the ed25519 support?
From the tests I have performed it is not supported at the moment, however it seems that it has been recently implemented in libssh2 Master.
Will it be supported by the SFTP plugin as soon as libssh2 dll is updated or are there other dependencies ?
Last edited by kfft on 2019-01-28, 21:29 UTC, edited 2 times in total.