TC on Win CE car satnav device cannot delete file

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

andyr_53

TC on Win CE car satnav device cannot delete file

Post by *andyr_53 »

Hello all, I am Andy in Ireland I am having a bit of fun using Total Commander on a USB stick and then on my Renault Clio car which has an in dash LG Navigation and media device built with Windows CE (version 6 I think it is) well I am trying to delete some maps in the navigation content/maps with .fbl extention in card 4 folder I think it is .. but when i try to delete it says 'connot delete' - I have a feeling maybe the file is in use and needs 'killing' somehow so I can delete it (them fbl files) - is there any kind of unlocker built into TC for win CE version - also I could do with a virtual on-screen keyboard built into TC for winCE .. i dont think there is one but can one be added in to the TC program as some kind of plugin or something?

Many thanks.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TC on Win CE car satnav device cannot delete file

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You can try to rename the files - this is often possible even when it's open. Just make sure it has a different extension. Then reboot the device so it doesn't find the maps. Afterwards, you should be able to delete them. But first check that the nav app still works fine, otherwise you need to rename the files back and reboot again.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
andyr_53

Re: TC on Win CE car satnav device cannot delete file

Post by *andyr_53 »

thank you i will give that a try