TC Changes Viewer 2.50 Final

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Re: TC Changes Viewer 2.50 Beta 1

Post by *Stefan2 »

Hi Taher,

>>"What is *s? mean?"
Stars
Star => *
Stars=> *s
If user uses "pattern matching"-mode, put a star yourself before and after the typed in search term.
So "copy*file" will find something, w/o the need for the user to type "*copy*file*"

>>"..how can i know whether you mean .."
Alternative 1: use a dedicated option for wildcard search, w/o the need to insert stars.
Even currently I can use normal search for "copy file", and pattern matching-mode to search for "copy * file".
Alternative 2: interpret "term in quotes" as explicit search request, and without quotes as 'search any term anywhere in string' -mode.

>>"editor with regex"
No need for slow RegEx, just search lines with first search term and store line into temp_variable.
Next search temp_variable for second term and store result in temp_2_var.
Next search temp_2_var... maybe allow up to ten terms to search, at the end your last temp_x_var contains the result to present.

And even if I would use RegEx, I would split the search terms and try every permutation.

or more like:

Code: Select all

lineS=split(TextInput, CRLF)
patternS=split(PatternInput, SPACE)
intPatternCount=Len(patternS)
intFound=0
OUT=""
foreach Line in lineS
	foreach Pattern in patternS
		If Pattern found Then intFound++
		If intFound==intPatternCount Then OUT=OUT+Line + break
	next
next
show(OUT)

>>"Do you know any program do that?"
Yes, currently I use MuseTips Text Filter > http://www.musetips.com/text-filter.html

Just ideas...
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

No need for using Regex, inserting * before and after the search term will be enough.

Yes, currently I use MuseTips Text Filter > http://www.musetips.com/text-filter.html
I see.
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

Download TC Changes Viewer 2.50 Beta 2

What's new
Added: Find dialog: when "Use pattern matching" checked, auto enclose (internally) search word between two asterisks. (can be disabled by adding StrictPatternMatch=1 under [TC_Changes_Viewer] section in "tc changes viewer.ini")

Fixed: Minor bugs.

If you enjoy using TC Changes Viewer, Please help the developer with a small donation.
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Re: TC Changes Viewer 2.50 Beta 2

Post by *ts4242 »

Download TC Changes Viewer 2.50 Final (VirusTotal scan result (0 / 69))