Show milliseconds in custom column

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Octadrone

Show milliseconds in custom column

Post by *Octadrone »

Hi,

Is it possible to configure a custom column containing [tc.writedate] to show milliseconds as well?

I'm looking for something like:

Code: Select all

[=tc.writedate.Y-M-D h:m:s.fff]
Where "fff" is the format for milliseconds.

If not, it would be great if that possibility could be added, as file objects seem to be able to contain that information.

Best Regards
Marcus
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Show milliseconds in custom column

Post by *Horst.Epp »

Currently I don't see such option in the help for the date / time format.
So you have files which differ only by milliseconds or what is the purpose of this ?
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3374)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.69
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
Octadrone

Post by *Octadrone »

Apart from my specific case, I find it reasonable that this function should be able to expose the complete time information that is contained in the file. Is there any reasonable reason to why it shouldn't?

In my specific case I was analyzing a workflow with an integration application that monitors a folder and picks import files in a specific order, not based on filename, but based on some of the file dates. In that specific case, milliseconds might affect the execution order.
HerbieH

Post by *HerbieH »

Hello Octadrone.
Support!

Always thought it would be a good idea to be able to see as much info as possible about files in TC, and then, of course, be able to configure that info to more 'normal' levels, if needed.

The more custom configurations, the better. :D I think of myself as a thinking human being, and consider 'Total Commander' a 'nerd' thing, which I would like to be able to configure as much as possible to meet my needs.

To Horst.Epp:
You are truly a 'power member', not only because of your number of posts, but because you, like many other 'power members' give really good answers to people in this forum. :)
Personally, I don't think it has any relevance, what the reason for a question is, unless it has a direct impact on the solution. This was not the case here.
I think, it is generally a good Idea. :wink:
HerbieH*
-Keep on makin' music!