Shortcut for the root folder of a drive?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Wincomuser

Shortcut for the root folder of a drive?

Post by *Wincomuser »

I'm trying to use Ctrl + \ to go to the root directory of my currently active drive, but it always takes me to the root directory of the particular open tab, which I have set as "locked, but directory changes [are] allowed".

Is there a way to bypass this, with another shortcut perhaps, so that it would take me to the root directory of the active drive instead of the tab? I wouldn't mind if it opened another tab for the root of the drive.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Shortcut for the root folder of a drive?

Post by *petermad »

You can set:

Code: Select all

AlwaysToRoot=1
in the [Configuration] section of your wincmd.ini

Then clicking a Drive button or a drive in the Drive combobox (Alt+F1/F2) will always take you to the root of the drive.

Ctrl + \ always works for whatever is in the active panel/tab - when you open a tab, the drive of that tab becomes the active drive in that side of TC.

If you hold Shift down while clicking a Drive button or a drive in the Drive combobox, the drive will be opened in a new tab
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Wincomuser

Re: Shortcut for the root folder of a drive?

Post by *Wincomuser »

Thank you! The use of Shift is a great solution. It even works when I press the "\" button while I'm in a locked tab.