View mode + custom button?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

JimmyTheBroker

View mode + custom button?

Post by *JimmyTheBroker »

Hi guys,

I'm New to total commander.

In "Custom Columns" I am able to make a views I like (column widths and custom columns, etc). However I can only apply it to the folder I am viewing.
I only know that it is possible to create buttons.

1) Is there a way to create a button to change the current directory's view to mimic a Custom Columns view? and is it possible to assign a shortcut to selecting this view.

2) Is it possible to make a Custom Columns view (View mode maybe?) the default for all folder?

Thanks,

Jimmy.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

1) Is there a way to create a button to change the current directory's view to mimic a Custom Columns view?
and is it possible to assign a shortcut to selecting this view.
Yes, button with Command: cm_SrcCustomView1 (see: Configuration - Custom columns to see which number your view has)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shortcut to selecting this view: You need an em_command.

1- cm_CommandBrowser <ENTER> in command line of TC
2- click on usercmd.ini, then on button "New..." - New command name: em_SrcCustomView1 (em_NameOfYourCustomColumnsView)
2- command: cm_SrcCustomView1

Create a button with command: em_SrcCustomView1

Create Shortcut:
Configuration - Options... - Misc. - Redefine hotkeys (Keyboard remapping) - choose your hotkeys by clicking the appropriate fields,
"Default command (no remapping)" is shown then - click on the magnifying glass to the right - click on "usercmd.ini" -
choose your em_command: em_SrcCustomView1 - OK - Important: click on the green checkmark! - OK - FINISHED!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2) Is it possible to make a Custom Columns view (View mode maybe?) the default for all folder?

A Custom Colums view or a View Mode will be preserved until it is changed to another view (manually or
in the case of a View Mode automatically also by an Auto Switch Mode-Rule).

But it is also possible to create a View Mode and to integrate a Custom Colums view to take advantage of the extended possibilities
of a View Mode (e.g. sorting, coloring and auto-run commands), and also in the context of the AutoSwitch Mode.

Configuration - Options... - View Mode - ... - Columns view: In the dropdown-field you can choose your saved "Custom Columns view"...
=> pls see Help - F1 <=

Button for View Mode with Command would be: cm_SrcViewModeList NameOfYourViewMode
In this case you should define in View Mode <default> what you want to get as a view when this view mode has finished.

With this button, you can set the view to <default> from a Custom Columns view as well as from a View mode:

Code: Select all

TOTALCMD#BAR#DATA
cm_SrcViewMode0

wcmicons.dll,86
View Mode <default> || cm_SrcViewMode0

Simply mark the code, right-click on the TC buttonbar and click on "Insert".

HTH?
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

To get an overview of a View Mode or an Auto Switch Mode, you can take a look here:
viewtopic.php?p=329888&sid=1609f196ef572847beefe1ac63676a30#329888
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Re: View mode + custom button?

Post by *tuska »

The above information has been completely revised:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=53559 Overview (english)
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=53558 Übersicht (german)