Off topic: Forum software update

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

AlleyKat

Post by *AlleyKat »

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/viewhack.php?id=227 just a tiny tiny suggestion - the "Animated GIF Keep'em Moving mod", only 2 lines changed per installed template. :lol:

BTW. I'm quite a fan of Kails Cobalt theme, excellent. Thanks.
Translate your favorite Mozilla Extension ~ Your Language Is Important Too.
#tcmd on irc.freenode.net - the place to idle
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Selection isn't visible if textform is inactive

Post by *Sheepdog »

When you select some text to quote it or make it bold etc and click beside the text form to scroll the window the selection isn't visible anymore. I'd expect that the selected text background would be grey if the textform is inactive.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
AlleyKat

Post by *AlleyKat »

Hmm well I do have 1 more suggestion; that you make a couple of open groups for plugin developers and translators, and a related forum for each, only visible for group members (no modding required at all, it's just phpbb settings).

This way, plugin authors have a forum where they can ask dev stuff only, not 'just' run support on their plugins as they do in the current forum. And plugin authors with plugins which could benefit from language conversions only need make a topic in the Translator forum; a lot easier to keep a tab on for everyone involved, and tidy up the forums if I may say so. People just need to sign up themselves to the open groups. phpBB is quite wonderful... :mrgreen:
Clo

Good place---

Post by *Clo »

2AlleyKat
:) Hello !
• Sounds good, I guess. As a translator, I can help plugin-authors, but I ought to install and test often some modules which are useless for me, or aren't translatable at all ... :(
* A place where it should be possible to find the translation-requests should be nice !

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Clo

Search in MY posts…

Post by *Clo »

:arrow: Ch. Ghisler

:) Good evening,
¤ Is it possible to add an option in the Search in order to check a certain string in the user's messages only ?
* Many times, I don't remember exactly, and get a lot of useless pages to browse.

:mrgreen: Best regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

What exactly do you mean? You can specify both the author and the string to search...(?)

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Clo

Limited search

Post by *Clo »

2Hacker
:) Hi Roman !
What exactly do you mean? You can specify both the author and the string to search...(?)
• That doesn't the trick, because I'ld have i.e. for my posts, all posts containing the string "…clo…"; for yours, the word "hacker" and so on, in posts which aren't neither yours nor mine.
* Hence, I meant : when you display the whole of your post in your profile, that the Search works only among these posts; clear ?
:mrgreen:  K R
Claude
Clo
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

No, it isn't clear, sorry.
What I am saying is, that if you want to search for all my posts containing the word AES, you just have to type "AES" in the first field and "Hacker" in the second field of the search form.
What do I misunderstand?

TIA
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Clo

That I mean---

Post by *Clo »

2Hacker
:) Hello Roman !
What I am saying is that if you want to search for all my posts containing the word AES, you just have to type "AES" in the first field and "Hacker" in the second field of the search form.

… and I will get too posts in which there is hacker as a common name…

* Whether I type Clo and some-string in the two fields, I will get also all messages containing close - closed - closing and so on. And all my messages, since there is Clo in all. That isn't helpful !
* A "Whole word(s) only" option is missing, and also a "Case sensitive" Search.
What do I misunderstand?
• Simply : I wish that the Search follows the part of the board which is displayed currently.
* I mean in example: when I display all my messages, that the Search be enabled to work among these messages only!
*So, I would have to type the string to find only.
* Also in the same way : that the Search be able to find something in (a) search-result page(s).

• Besides, I didn't see any Help for that Search engine; I mean with details avoiding confusions; i.e. : we can use logic operators; but in the European Standard, AND is &, while I ought to type + instead… This is not indicated.
* Several strings within double-quotes like "string1 string2 string3" (for : string1ANDstring2ANDstring3) is not supported, while it's in the most Web Search engines…

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

and I will get too posts in which there is hacker as a common name
No, you are wrong. I just tried it. First field aes, second field hacker and you get three (or now four) posts from me.
Whether I type Clo and some-string in the two fields, I will get also all messages containing close - closed - closing and so on.
clo searches for exactly clo and won't find close or anything similar - you would have to use clo* for that.

HTH
Roman