Office 2007 files regarded as archives

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry, there was no time to add this to TC 8.51 - it would require quite a lot of changes. Therefore I have added just the most common case. Maybe in a later release.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
9kvD38n6

Post by *9kvD38n6 »

Great, thanks. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't forgotten.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Support++, BTW.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
9kvD38n6

Re: Office 2007 files regarded as archives

Post by *9kvD38n6 »

Time passes...

As I now have two small kids, I haven't been as active a computer user as I was, but the problem outlined in this thread still bothers me from time to time. Hence, I just wanted to ask if anyone has come up with a satisfactory (global) solution or whether users are still putting up with unnecessarily pressing Ctrl-Up a lot to get back up out of those pseudo-archives?

To recap (edited quote):
a clean and comprehensive solution should be found for the new Office file / archive issue. It is true that this nuisance has become more and more troublesome with more and more office files existing in the .xml format.

IIRC, the problem [still] occurs in the following contexts:

1. Pressing Ctrl-Left/-Right on a .lnk file pointing to a .Officex file
2. Entering a path ending with a .Officex file in either of these situations:
a. from inside the TC command line
b. in the breadcrumb bar [Don't use this myself, so not sure if this is still an issue]
c. when calling TOTALCMD.EXE from Windows to set a new folder / focus for viewing with a path ending in a .Officex file as parameter ['/A' command line parameter can be used to prevent this.]
d. when setting the path with sendcopydata
Many thanks!
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

29kvD38n6

This has been fixed since TC 9.0 beta 1:

History.txt
29.10.14 Fixed: cd c:\path\file.docx opened the office XML file as an archive. Same when entering path in "current directory" field. Note: NOT changed: paths received via command line parameters (32/64)
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
9kvD38n6

Post by *9kvD38n6 »

Thanks for pointing that out. I guess that just leaves the sendcopydata problem (I guess only a handful of people use that anyway, but it's what prompted me to necro this thread) and having to add '/A' to command lines? That's good enough then, I guess!