raytc

DsView

Post by *raytc »

I'am not enable to let work DsView.
Tried everything.

Lister Binary comes up when I click on F3

This is what I have in de wincmd.ini file (below plugins):
5=C:\Program Files\totalcmd\Plugin\DsView\DSView.wlx
5_detect="MULTIMEDIA | EXT="AVI" | EXT="MP3" | EXT="WAV" | EXT="WMA" | EXT="ASF" | EXT="OGG" | EXT="MID" | EXT="KAR" | EXT="PLS" | EXT="MPL" | EXT="M3U" | EXT="LAP""

I clicked on reg.bat and disactivated the intern media viewer.

Thanks in advance for your help.
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Press "4" till DSView appears or enable "Load bitmaps blabla at startup" in lister config.
DSView is not triggered on MPEG files first so use an avi or mp3 for the first load. After that you have to once uncheck mpeg support in DSView config, press apply and reenable the checkmark and apply once again.

After that all extensions will work.

Next time use the plugin forum please. ;)

Icfu
This account is for sale
raytc

Post by *raytc »

icfu wrote:Press "4" till DSView appears or enable "Load bitmaps blabla at startup" in lister config.
DSView is not triggered on MPEG files first so use an avi or mp3 for the first load. After that you have to once uncheck mpeg support in DSView config, press apply and reenable the checkmark and apply once again.

After that all extensions will work.

Next time use the plugin forum please. ;)

Icfu
Thank you for your reply.
Pressing 4 nothing happens (activate the commandline writing the number "4") and "load bitmaps" is already enabled.
Please can you tell me how to use a MPEG player/viewer at first use? Have to write it above the DSView option in wincmd.ini? Which one do you know?

Next time I'll ask plugin question in the plugin forum.
Thank you again.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

raytc wrote:Pressing 4 nothing happens (activate the commandline writing the number "4")
If you have opened Lister you can Open the drop-down menu 'options' to select 'multimedia'. Instead you could use simply press [4] on the keyboard as shortcut - nothing to do with comandline or anything.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
raytc

Post by *raytc »

Sheepdog wrote:
raytc wrote:Pressing 4 nothing happens (activate the commandline writing the number "4")
If you have opened Lister you can Open the drop-down menu 'options' to select 'multimedia'. Instead you could use simply press [4] on the keyboard as shortcut - nothing to do with comandline or anything.

sheepdog
Ok. but DsView does not appear when i press [4] but the intern multimedia
viewer.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

raytc wrote:Ok. but DsView does not appear when i press [4] but the intern multimedia
viewer.
Multiple pressing [4] should change the installed plugins. So select an avi or mp3 file and press [F3]. After that press [4] until DSview appears. Then open options -> files and uncheck mpeg and mpg Video files. Apply. Open 'options->files' again. Now check mpeg and mpg angain. Now you can close DSView and select a mpeg file in TC. Pressing [F3] should now open the file in DSView.

As icfu described above.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
raytc

Post by *raytc »

Sheepdog wrote:
raytc wrote:Ok. but DsView does not appear when i press [4] but the intern multimedia
viewer.
Multiple pressing [4] should change the installed plugins. So select an avi or mp3 file and press [F3]. After that press [4] until DSview appears. Then open options -> files and uncheck mpeg and mpg Video files. Apply. Open 'options->files' again. Now check mpeg and mpg angain. Now you can close DSView and select a mpeg file in TC. Pressing [F3] should now open the file in DSView.

As icfu described above.

sheepdog
Hello Sheepdog,

I pressed multiple times [4] but no DSview is coming up (always the
same intern media viewer).

I've installed DsView in plugin/DsView/DSView.wlx
and this is inserted in wlcmd.ini:
5=C:\Program Files\totalcmd\Plugin\DsView\DSView.wlx
5_detect="MULTIMEDIA | EXT="AVI" | EXT="MP3" | EXT="WAV" | EXT="WMA" | EXT="ASF" | EXT="OGG" | EXT="MID" | EXT="KAR" | EXT="PLS" | EXT="MPL" | EXT="M3U" | EXT="LAP""

However, no DsView.
(DirectX 9.0 installed)
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Uncheck "Multimedia" in lister options although it should have nothing to do with your problem. You need the lister to have the focus when you press "4" otherwise it won't work! You can manually choose option "4" from the menu, too.

If DSView isn't called you haven't installed it correctly or moved after you have installed it. Don't fiddle around manually in wincmd.ini but always use the lister install function. Delete the lines from wincmd.ini and reinstall.

If that doesn't help, no idea anymore.

Icfu
This account is for sale
raytc

Post by *raytc »

icfu wrote:Uncheck "Multimedia" in lister options although it should have nothing to do with your problem. You need the lister to have the focus when you press "4" otherwise it won't work! You can manually choose option "4" from the menu, too.

If DSView isn't called you haven't installed it correctly or moved after you have installed it. Don't fiddle around manually in wincmd.ini but always use the lister install function. Delete the lines from wincmd.ini and reinstall.

If that doesn't help, no idea anymore.

Icfu
It is working now. Don't know why because I've changed nothing. :-)

Thank you for your reply.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This detect string is completely useless, it's equivalent to

5_detect="MULTIMEDIA"

Why? The variable MULTIMEDIA is ALWAYS true, it's not used this way! TC checks whether the string MULTIMEDIA is prersent in the detect string or not. So to limit the detect string to the above extensions, you should use

5_detect="MULTIMEDIA & (EXT="AVI" | EXT="MP3" | EXT="WAV" | EXT="WMA" | EXT="ASF" | EXT="OGG" | EXT="MID" | EXT="KAR" | EXT="PLS" | EXT="MPL" | EXT="M3U" | EXT="LAP")"
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Maybe you should integrate these settings in the TC help as many plugin authors seem to have no clue on how those settings are used and manual fixes have to be done regularly.

Icfu
This account is for sale
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

It is in the plugin writer's guide, a help file available on our plugins page. Here is the relevant text:

MULTIMEDIA This detect string is special: It is always TRUE (also in older TC versions). If it is present in the string, this plugin overrides internal multimedia viewers in TC. If not, the internal viewers are used. Check the example below!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

I know that it's in the plugin documentation but the plugin authors do not, like it seems, at least some of them...

That's why I have suggested that you put it in the normal help file, too, so that normal users (not developers) can at least fix the problems themselves.

Icfu
This account is for sale