Question: file selecting Wildcards for sub dirs; how to use?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

dindog

Question: file selecting Wildcards for sub dirs; how to use?

Post by *dindog »

New in TC9.1:
Wildcards can be limited to certain subdirectories, e.g. when using branch view:
1. Relative to the base dir: \subdir1\subdir2\*.ext or \*.ext
2. Relative to any subdir: subdir1\subdir2\*.ext (note the missing backslash at the start)
3. The ** wildcard can be used to skip subdirs, e.g. subdir\**\*.txt finds text files where the relative path contains "subdir" anywhere in the path

Above paragraphs are from the totalcmd.chm in the chapter "selecting files" where exactly I should input these limited strings?

*****edit ****
i got it, cm_SrcUserDef

and there is another question:

Code: Select all

New: You can now select related files. For example, you would want to select all RAW image files (.cr2), but only if there is a jpg file in the same directory. This can be done with the following selection string:
*.jpg>*.cr2
This also supports more complex naming schemes. For example, if the jpg file is named IMG_1057.JPG and the raw file CRW_1057.CR2, the selection string would have to be:
*.jpg>crw*.cr2

Use Shift+Del to remove no longer wanted entries from the list.
I thought shift+del will delete a file, not remove from list.. do I get it wrong?
Hacker

Re: Question: file selecting Wildcards for sub dirs; how to use?

Post by *Hacker »

dindog,
I thought shift+del will delete a file, not remove from list.. do I get it wrong?
This is about removing the entry e.g. "*.jpg>crw*.cr2" from the list of saved selection patterns, not the files themselves.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.