How to remove some items from the right-click menu

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

zhxeeaa

How to remove some items from the right-click menu

Post by *zhxeeaa »

Hi!Is there some people know what parameters like "x64menu" can be hide some items of rightmenu?
Because I will customize some useful items in it, so I want to get rid of some useless items, so that it does not show much.
1."paste shortcut" and "pack files":
Because I rarely use this project, I don't need them to be displayed in the context menu.But I can't find the relevant parameters in the TC's help.
2."open autoplay"
One of my computers,The three partitions (C、D、E) of are separate hard drives,Use SATA connection, non-removable connection,and closed all options related to autoplay in Win7,some like disable the server "Shell Hardware Detection"、unregister "wmpshell.dll"、delete some keys in register……,But still can't eliminate the D, E partition root directory in TC, right click menu has one more item "open autoplay",Please note that:Explorer is correct,no this item,and another computer, three partitions in the same hard disk,correct too,and even in the real removable usb disk no this item!I can guarantee that this has nothing to do with the player,I use potplayer,Portable version,Canceled all options about autoplay in it.
I would like to ask if people who know more about TC parameters have relevant parameters to hiding of these items.thanks!
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: How to remove some items from the right-click menu

Post by *petermad »

2zhxeeaa
"open autoplay" is not put in the right-click menu by TC.

The easiest way to know which items in the menu that is put there by TC, is to change TC's language setting. If the item is now shown in the new language, then TC is responsible for it, if it still is in the language of the OS, TC is not responsible.

TC items in right-click menu that I know of:
"New"
"Pack files"
"View (Lister)"
"Paste shortcut"
"X32" / "x64"

Inside archives:
All items

In "Network" (\\Network\):
"Properties"

In Network server root (\\computername\):
All items
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
zhxeeaa

Post by *zhxeeaa »

petermad wrote: 2019-10-25, 10:15 UTC 2zhxeeaa
"open autoplay" is not put in the right-click menu by TC.

The easiest way to know which items in the menu that is put there by TC, is to change TC's language setting. If the item is now shown in the new language, then TC is responsible for it, if it still is in the language of the OS, TC is not responsible.

TC items in right-click menu that I know of:
"New"
"Pack files"
"View (Lister)"
"Paste shortcut"
"X32" / "x64"

Inside archives:
All items

In "Network" (\\Network\):
"Properties"

In Network server root (\\computername\):
All items
thanks very much
I want to know is there a way to hide "pack files" and "paste shortcut",about "open autoplay" I'm very confused now,way TC has but explorer not...
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

I want to know is there a way to hide "pack files" and "paste shortcut"
AFAIK that is currently not possible.

You can replace the items with blank lines by editing your .lng file - strings 1734 (and 105) and 2062, but the items will still be there, taking up space, and will be clickable.
Last edited by petermad on 2019-10-25, 22:24 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
zhxeeaa

Post by *zhxeeaa »

petermad wrote: 2019-10-25, 12:58 UTC
I want to know is there a way to hide "pack files" and "paste shortcut"
AFAIK that is not currently possible.

You can replace the items with blank lines by editing your .lng file - strings 1734 (and 105) and 2062, but the items will still be there, taking up space, and will be clickable.
Thanks for your help,about "open autoplay" item I had resolved via gpedit.msc,I don't notice change the "AutoPlay Policies" with "all drives" .
Your method is very good, I will take it.
But I still await TC could provide some parameters to hide this items.