search parameters

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

nimbus

search parameters

Post by *nimbus »

I want to use "cm_SearchFor" command that search window had been come, on advanced tab, checked "find dublicate files", checked "same contents" and unchecked "same name".
I guess I need search parameters and I guess I dont know that. And I am sure, there are someone(s) here who knows the answer like as usual :)
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Internal TC commands don't allow parameters so it's not possible to make buttons with predefined search settings.
The only thing you can do is to script TC with the TC Script Editor but you have to find out how that thing works yourself. ;)

Icfu
This account is for sale
nimbus

Post by *nimbus »

icfu wrote:Internal TC commands don't allow parameters so it's not possible to make buttons with predefined search settings.
The only thing you can do is to script TC with the TC Script Editor but you have to find out how that thing works yourself. ;)

Icfu
2icfu
:( thanks your attantion. I tried tcscripts but it is too difficult for me. so let me go on clicks.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2nimbus
Here is a way to load search settings which you have previously saved. Call the search dialog, set the settings and navigate to the load/save tab. Now click save button. Next time you want to start such a search navigate again to this tab, choose the saved search and press "Load" -> the settings have been loaded. If you have complex search settings this can save you a lot of time.