Move Current Selected Files To ShortCut-Specified Folders

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Sikatida Dovude

Move Current Selected Files To ShortCut-Specified Folders

Post by *Sikatida Dovude »

Hi!
I have to sort my files by myself and move them to 3 different folders by using shortcuts which are specified with 3 directories. Here what I want to do is, I want to select some similar type files and move them using for example "SHIFT + C" shortcut to "A-Directory" folder. And again I want to select some other similar type of files and move them using for example "SHIFT + F" shortcut to "B-Directory" folder. Then again I want to select some other similar type of files and move them using for example "SHIFT + G" shortcut to "C-Directory" folder. Are there any ways to do this?.So by this way, I won't waste my time anymore. Help me to fix this. I would be so THANKFUL :D :D :D :D
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Move Current Selected Files To ShortCut-Specified Folders

Post by *Dalai »

Well, which amount of data (number of files) are we talking about here? The simplest way would be to open the three destination directories in tabs (in one panel in TC) and to move the files manually via mouse and/or keyboard. Not the most convenient way to do it, but possible without any preparations.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Sikatida Dovude

Dalai wrote: 2019-12-17, 22:41 UTC Well, which amount of data (number of files) are we talking about here? The simplest way would be to open the three destination directories in tabs (in one panel in TC) and to move the files manually via mouse and/or keyboard. Not the most convenient way to do it, but possible without any preparations.

Regards
Dalai
Thanks for your reply. Well I got a lot archive fonts which are mono, serif, sans. I want to move them to a folder where they belong to. For example, I open one my fonts and I see its type is mono and I move that font to "MONO FONTS" folder. I know exactly what you are talking about and I tried that a long time ago. That's also a good option but it takes a lot of time to move between tabs, cut files to clipboard and paste in destination folders. If I could declare those 3 directories as shortcuts or "add them to context menu", I would easily move files to destination folder. Hope you'll know what I'm talking about. And THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR OPTION, CONSIDERATION, ATTENTION! :D :D :D
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Well, instead of constantly switching tabs, you could locate and select all fonts of one type and move them away (F6, mouse, Ctrl+X and Ctrl+V, just to name a few options). Then repeat that process for the remaining two types.

Or, maybe even better, install a content plugin that reads font properties, create a custom columns view and sort by the specific column. Then select all fonts of one type (a contiguous block) and move them. Repeat that for the other two font types. Unfortunately I don't know of any content plugin with such fields.

Another option is to use a TC Lister plugin like Font, AKFont or TTFViewer in conjunction with TC's QuickView (or Separate QuickView) to show the Lister contents. This way you can select the files accordingly to move them.

HTH

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

Dalai wrote: 2019-12-17, 23:46 UTCUnfortunately I don't know of any content plugin with such fields.
What about AKFontInfo? You did find AKFont…
Andrzej P. Wozniak
Polish subforum moderator
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

2Usher
Well, if totalcmd.net's search for "font" had turned up that plugin, I would've included it. I didn't look past the first page, though. (But somehow Google's custom search is crappy sometimes.)

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence

Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

2Dalai
Well, I was too fast. AKFontInfo is a good plugin, but it doesn't display info about typefaces (monospaced, serif, sans).
Andrzej P. Wozniak
Polish subforum moderator
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Sikatida Dovude
but it takes a lot of time to move between tabs, cut files to clipboard and paste in destination folders
You just mark the files, hold down the Shift-key and drag the marked files up to the tab itself (you don't have to open the tab).
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Move Current Selected Files To ShortCut-Specified Folders BATCH: ForEachSelectedDO_ExampleBatch.cmd

Post by *Stefan2 »

Sikatida Dovude wrote: 2019-12-17, 21:19 UTC Hi!
I have to sort my files .. and move them to 3 different folders ...,
I want to select some similar type files and move them using for example "SHIFT + C" shortcut to "A-Directory" folder. ..

Hi, just some ideas:

You can create UserDefinedCommands "em_xxx" in usercmd.ini and assign a hotkey like "SHIFT + G" to execute them.
Such UDC can execute a script (Batch/PoSh/AutoHotkey/...) which take the list of selected files via TC-parameter like "%L" and do smtg with them (like copying)

Here is an example of an basic Batch for to adjust on each own needs:
Spoiler

Code: Select all

@echo off
REM Found at https://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=365186#p365186
REM Stefan 2019-12-18 v001
GOTO START

TotalCommander Button:
Commando  : "%Commander_Path%\ForEachSelectedDO_ExampleBatch.cmd"
Parameters: "%L" "%P" "%T"
Start path:
Icon      : C:\WINDOWS\System32\imageres.dll --or-- wcmicons.dll
Tooltip   : ForEachSelectedDO_ExampleBatch

:START
REM Unicode file names: chcp 65001 ; Windows cp: CHCP 1250 
ECHO ---------------------------- INFOs
ECHO TCs Param list: L or WL
ECHO L: %1
ECHO TCs Source folder: P
ECHO P: %~2
ECHO TCs Target folder: T
ECHO T: %~3
ECHO ---------------------------- DO IT
for /f "delims=" %%Z in ('type %1') do (
	 echo Do something with 
	 echo %%Z
	 echo Name=%%~nxZ
	 echo BASE=%%~nZ
	 echo EXTE=%%~xZ
	 echo COPY form %2
	 echo TO %3
	 echo * * * * * * * * * * * * next file / line
 )
ECHO ---------------------------- All done.
PAUSE

FAQs: User-Defined Command (UDC) (usercmd.ini) em_command AND Add shortcut key >> viewtopic.php?f=3&t=52425

[em_MyCommandName]
cmd="%Commander_Path%\ForEachSelectedDO_ExampleBatch.cmd"
param="%L" "%P" "%T"

Here is an example script which ask for an target folder to copy the selected files on the fly into different folders:

VBScript: ForEachSelectedDO - ChooseTargetToCopyTo.vbs
- create a button with that script
- select a few files and click that button
- chose the wanted path number to copy to and click OK
viewtopic.php?p=338700#p338700

HTH?

Sikatida Dovude

Dalai wrote: 2019-12-17, 23:46 UTC Well, instead of constantly switching tabs, you could locate and select all fonts of one type and move them away (F6, mouse, Ctrl+X and Ctrl+V, just to name a few options). Then repeat that process for the remaining two types.

Or, maybe even better, install a content plugin that reads font properties, create a custom columns view and sort by the specific column. Then select all fonts of one type (a contiguous block) and move them. Repeat that for the other two font types. Unfortunately I don't know of any content plugin with such fields.

Another option is to use a TC Lister plugin like Font, AKFont or TTFViewer in conjunction with TC's QuickView (or Separate QuickView) to show the Lister contents. This way you can select the files accordingly to move them.

HTH

Regards
Dalai
Thanks for your reply. Your idea is really amazing. I have to try that. Thank you so much! :D :D :D
Sikatida Dovude

petermad wrote: 2019-12-18, 01:13 UTC 2Sikatida Dovude
but it takes a lot of time to move between tabs, cut files to clipboard and paste in destination folders
You just mark the files, hold down the Shift-key and drag the marked files up to the tab itself (you don't have to open the tab).
Lol,thanks. :D :D :D
Look here's one thing all fonts are in archives. Now I'm sorting them for "BETTER FONTS", "FONT PACKS", "BEST FONTS" folders. I open every font files and if one of my font is good but not the best, I'll move it to better fonts or if archive contains a lot of different fonts, I'll move it to "FONT PACKS", fonts which I like the most, will be moved to "BEST FONTS". IT's my current situation of doing that stuff. Let's do what you've talked about here, ok, before I mark them, I have to open every font files to be sure where it belongs to and select every recognized "same-type" files and using "SHIFT" key I move them. Thanks I'll try that. THANK YOU SO MUCH :D :D
Sikatida Dovude

Re: Move Current Selected Files To ShortCut-Specified Folders BATCH: ForEachSelectedDO_ExampleBatch.cmd

Stefan2 wrote: 2019-12-18, 08:26 UTC
I want to select some similar type files and move them using for example "SHIFT + C" shortcut to "A-Directory" folder. ..

Hi, just some ideas:
......... FULL QUOTE REMOVED

HTH?

Well, THANK you for your reply. I like it.To be honest, I don't know much about making "user-defined commands" but the thing I wanna do is really related to that stuff. And I don't want to copy those files, instead I move them(cut). Does that script work the same for "MOVING"(NOT COPYING) or I should change something here? Can you explain what you did here (CODE) one by one? .THANK YOU SO MUCH!! :D :D :D
Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stefan2 »

Sikatida Dovude wrote: 2019-12-18, 12:25 UTC
Stefan2 wrote: 2019-12-18, 08:26 UTC
Hi, just some ideas:
Does that script work the same for "MOVING"(NOT COPYING) or I should change something here?

Instead of
'''FSO.CopyFile source, destination
FSO.CopyFile strCurrFile, strNew

try this

'''FSO.MoveFile source, destination
FSO.MoveFile strCurrFile, strNew